Dr. Carson hypocrisy on affirmitive action & welfare

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Dr. Ben Carson: A case study in mental health

"Finally, Dr. Carson is no stranger to economic struggles. He attended Yale University as a recipient of a scholarship for minority individuals."

"2. Carson believes he has affirmative action to thank for being accepted into Yale.

He once said:

In my mind, I was pretty hot stuff. Only after I got to Yale and became cognizant of my classmates’ many accomplishments did I realize that the admissions committee had taken a substantial risk on me and that I had been extended special consideration."
10 Surprising Facts about Ben Carson that Could Change Your Opinion of Him

" Interesting facts about Dr. Ben Carson, Conservative Icon:

1. raised by a single mother
2. raised in public housing
3. fed with food stamps.
4. supported with welfare was-dependent-on-government
5. kept healthy with medicaid…
6. educated in public schools
7. got eyeglasses from state agency
8. benefited from affirmative action to enter college
9. used federal loans and Pell grants in undergrad school
10. benefited from affirmative action to enter medical school
11. med school paid for with grant from USPHS*
12. said: “The disintegration of the family unit and the welfare state are enslaving African-Americans and ruining their futures.”

Wonkette addressed and sourced the statement above. Read her article HERE.

Dr. Carson is demonizing all of the social programs he has benefited from. Isn’t that the very definition of hypocrisy? How does he not understand that other people can also benefit from social programs? Does he not understand it, or is he trying to earn points with the Tea Party?"
The Startling Hypocrisy Of Conservative Icon Dr. Ben Carson

Affirmative action recipiant, welfare recipiant, from single parent home, all the things conservatives usually go on about. And if elected would he push for reductions in the programs he benefitted from? Probably, not much of a Republican if he doesn't.

This is fantasy time for folks in both political parties. All the things he SAYS he wants to take away from others should be viewed in same context as the Great Wall of Trump. Trust them at your own risk.

"Finally, Dr. Carson is no stranger to economic struggles. He attended Yale University as a recipient of a scholarship for minority individuals."

"2. Carson believes he has affirmative action to thank for being accepted into Yale.

He once said:

In my mind, I was pretty hot stuff. Only after I got to Yale and became cognizant of my classmates’ many accomplishments did I realize that the admissions committee had taken a substantial risk on me and that I had been extended special consideration."

3. fed with food stamps.
12. said: “The disintegration of the family unit and the welfare state are enslaving African-Americans and ruining their futures.”

Dr. Carson is demonizing all of the social programs he has benefited from. Isn’t that the very definition of hypocrisy? How does he not understand that other people can also benefit from social programs? Does he not understand it, or is he trying to earn points with the Tea Party?"

How exactly would he position himself to not benefit from affirmative action? He had no choice in that. He said he wasn't even aware of it until later in your own quote.

Nowhere do you show that was something he wanted or needed, it's just another lame liberal trick.

So speaking of lies, are you an Israeli or American this week since you've claimed to be both?

3. fed with food stamps.
If these things delivered one Carson for every 10,000 Michael Browns, conservatives would want to increase them.

Alas!

He once said:

3. fed with food stamps.

He was a kid and had no choice about his mom taking welfare. She hated being on welfare and got off it as soon as she could.

And Carson was pissed that Affirmative Action got him into Yale. He didn't need it. He had great grades and SAT scores.

Forum List

Back