Draft UN climate report shows 20 years of overestimated global warming

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
[As this report comes from Fox News, we all know the uproar coming from the Lefty Greenies]

By Maxim Lott, Charles Couger/How Green/Published January 28, 2013/FoxNews.com

global%20warming%20ar5%20model%20b.jpg

In this graph from the U.N.'s IPCC, colored areas show temperature predictions, the black dots are actual observed temperatures. The black line (added by FoxNews.com) shows overall temperature trends.

A preliminary draft of a report by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was leaked to the public this month, and climate skeptics say it contains fresh evidence of 20 years of overstated global warming.

Read more: Draft UN climate report shows 20 years of overestimated global warming, skeptics warn | Fox News

:eusa_whistle:

"Global Warming" fell apart with record cold spells and the discovery of emails of "scientists" hiding evidence contrary to their claims. That's why they changed it to "Climate Change". This way, if it gets hot, they can say "Climate Change", if it gets cold, they can say "Climate Change". And of course, the Republicans and corporate greed will always be to blame.

Record cold spells? Sure, why not? If you turned off your fridge, opened the doors and laid down in front of it, you'd get colder, probably even colder than you ever were in your house, I don't don't think you'd deny that the overall system ( the fridge and the house) is getting warmer.

But record highs are running 2-1 globally over record lows for 30 or so years now. Looks like the overall system is getting warmer.

Record cold spells? Sure, why not? If you turned off your fridge, opened the doors and laid down in front of it, you'd get colder, probably even colder than you ever were in your house, I don't don't think you'd deny that the overall system ( the fridge and the house) is getting warmer.

But record highs are running 2-1 globally over record lows for 30 or so years now. Looks like the overall system is getting warmer.
Ok, let's say you buy the skewered data. Who always gets the blame for it, and what is the solution, always?

Ok, let's say you buy the skewered data. Who always gets the blame for it, and what is the solution, always?

It's pretty well established that humans burning fossil fuels are to "blame".

Unfortunately there is no "solution". We're just gonna keep burning everything we can get our hands on to stay warm, move around and grow our food. The planet's going to continue to warm an it will eventually impact our ability to grow food, and most of humanity will die off, just like any irrupting species, like yeast in a wine barrel, like the REINDEER ON ST. MATTHEW ISLAND and like the people on Easter Island. Easter's End

The problem really isn't "global warming" or "peak oil", the problem is too many people on a finite planet. Everything else is just a consequence of that.

Yeah, but we should STILL shut down all of our coal burning plants just to make sure.

And?

Nobody cares s0n.........even if its happening, its happening. A group navel contemplation session would be more productive than this debate anymore............

Report shows UN admitting solar activity may play significant role in global warming | Fox News

Unfortunately there is no "solution". We're just gonna keep burning everything we can get our hands on to stay warm, move around and grow our food. The planet's going to continue to warm an it will eventually impact our ability to grow food, and most of humanity will die off, just like any irrupting species, like yeast in a wine barrel, like the REINDEER ON ST. MATTHEW ISLAND and like the people on Easter Island. Easter's End

The problem really isn't "global warming" or "peak oil", the problem is too many people on a finite planet. Everything else is just a consequence of that.
So, why does Al Gore (the self-appointed guru of climate change) burn more fossil fuel than anyone on the planet?

[As this report comes from...

Running the rapids of the river denial may feel thrilling but...

Global warming hits the Andes: Researchers discover shrinking glaciers
Science Recorder | Julie Capuano | Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Australia Heatwave Part of Global Trend

you people can keep on taking things out of context and wetting your pants over snippets of news...but reality bites. The UN is not the scientific community. The scientific community is NOT anti capitalism.

The scientific community has proven climate change exists. They have proven human contributions to it and have proven the planet is warming.

What that means get twisted by corporate short term interests and fed to people like you who have been brainwashed into thinking all of academia and science is anti capitalism.

:cuckoo:

So, why does Al Gore (the self-appointed guru of climate change) burn more fossil fuel than anyone on the planet?

Sorry, I can't answer for the motivations of other people. All I know is your reply had nothing to do with what I said.

Pretty well established? By what? Got qny sort of hard data to support that claim? By the way, computer model output does not constitute hard data.

The scientific community has proven climate change exists. They have proven human contributions to it and have proven the planet is warming.

I don't think there was ever any doubt of climate change...as it is always claiming. The issue begins where climate science claims that humans are to blame. You even say that they have "proven" human contribution. Where is this proof? Have you seen it? Can you link to it? Where did it come from? Is it testable? Is it repeatable? Is it observable?

In short, lets see the proof.

[As this report comes from Fox News, we all know the uproar coming from the Lefty Greenies]

By Maxim Lott, Charles Couger/How Green/Published January 28, 2013/FoxNews.com

global%20warming%20ar5%20model%20b.jpg

In this graph from the U.N.'s IPCC, colored areas show temperature predictions, the black dots are actual observed temperatures. The black line (added by FoxNews.com) shows overall temperature trends.

A preliminary draft of a report by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was leaked to the public this month, and climate skeptics say it contains fresh evidence of 20 years of overstated global warming.

Read more: Draft UN climate report shows 20 years of overestimated global warming, skeptics warn | Fox News

So, what does the graph tell us about the temperature trend?

I don't think there was ever any doubt of climate change...as it is always claiming. The issue begins where climate science claims that humans are to blame. You even say that they have "proven" human contribution. Where is this proof? Have you seen it? Can you link to it? Where did it come from? Is it testable? Is it repeatable? Is it observable?

Good luck on that one.

Well, you're in luck if you can read....

Human carbon dioxide emissions are calculated from international energy statistics, tabulating coal, brown coal, peat, and crude oil production by nation and year, going back to 1751. CO2 emissions have increased dramatically over the last century, climbing to the rate of 29 billion tonnes of CO2 per year in 2006 (EIA).
http://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-global-warming.htm

To answer your question thoroughly would require quoting the whole article, which I don't do. I invite you to read it at the source, and even click on the links to peer reviewed articles that support the statements in the article.

I can even show you more evidence to "prove" human CO2 emissions are responsible for this round of warming. Just ask, please.

Last edited:

Of course the evidence exists, but whether or not yor are prepared to read it is a much greater question!

An enhanced greenhouse effect from CO2 has been confirmed by multiple lines of empirical evidence. Satellite measurements of infrared spectra over the past 40 years observe less energy escaping to space at the wavelengths associated with CO2. Surface measurements find more downward infrared radiation warming the planet's surface. This provides a direct, empirical causal link between CO2 and global warming.

How do we know more CO2 is causing warming?

I prefer this annotated graph because it shows how the IPCC has improved its predictions over the four reports.

ipcc-ar5draft-fig-1-4.gif

sarc/off

Forum List

Back