Driven By Profit

ShawnChris13

Nov 12, 2013
No news station is seeking solely to inform citizens. Advertising and ratings draw the public eye. That's why stories that happen every day randomly are picked to draw the ratings. No one normally cares about mothers that kill their children or children that are shot. Those happen every day. Yet the media is more than happy to selectively choose which stories to care about. If the media were doing its job we wouldn't need to go to factcheck.com

The media has always operated the way you've described. The free and impartial press is a myth, always has been.

So hope is lost for an informative forum free of financial burden? In the 21st century it's impossible? There is nowhere that could be readily available for anyone to educate themselves free of political gambit?

So hope is lost for an informative forum free of financial burden? In the 21st century it's impossible? There is nowhere that could be readily available for anyone to educate themselves free of political gambit?

Learning how to read between the yellow is just part of growing up.

Accusing either party of being against education isn't going to help anything. Wouldn't it be easier to discard the ideals of the past century and form new ones? Why should the same parties have power for so long? Republicans and Democrats have outstayed their welcome.

What would you replace them with if you were in charge? I can think of a lot of things which would be worse than the Dems and the GOP.

The media has always operated the way you've described. The free and impartial press is a myth, always has been.

The media only works as a check in our governmental system when they disagree with how the government is operating. Considering the vast majority of people in the mainstream media are progressives, most of the Democratic blunders get a resounding pass, either via ignoring them, or spinning them so much they get dizzy.

The media does its job against republicans because they disagree with them, pure and simple. Its only when the mess is as big as Obamacare is that the progressives in the press HAVE to report on it negatively to maintain some credibility. Even then them spin comes out.

The media only works as a check in our governmental system when they disagree with how the government is operating. Considering the vast majority of people in the mainstream media are progressives, most of the Democratic blunders get a resounding pass, either via ignoring them, or spinning them so much they get dizzy.

The media does its job against republicans because they disagree with them, pure and simple. Its only when the mess is as big as Obamacare is that the progressives in the press HAVE to report on it negatively to maintain some credibility. Even then them spin comes out.

Some media outlets do this, others have their own take on reality which is just as biased. Before Progressives even existed the media had Tammany Hall's back, for a price of course ;). Before that they took sides with either the Tories or the Patriots. Yellow journalism is a fact of life.

What would you replace them with if you were in charge? I can think of a lot of things which would be worse than the Dems and the GOP.

I think in today's age it would be feasible to form a party with a singular forum open to comment. Those participating could form a consensus on party issues. As long as enough people of like mind could agree to find middle ground it would work. Instead of the only two answers that the parties have offered for the last century a third ground could solve the issues.

Name a business that is driven by losses.

Yes, for we wouldn't want businesses to make a profit to pay their overhead and keep the doors open....no....that would be so evil and make no commonsense whatsoever...:cuckoo:

That's the very case for nationalization. If every business were owned and operated by the government, there would be no profits.

That's the goal of the O administration. Cripple the country, economically and militarily.

Watch out for your private property rights. Once they are grabbed by eminent domain, we are Cuba and O our little boy dictator. :dig:

Hurry up....2014...:eusa_whistle:

I think in today's age it would be feasible to form a party with a singular forum open to comment. Those participating could form a consensus on party issues. As long as enough people of like mind could agree to find middle ground it would work. Instead of the only two answers that the parties have offered for the last century a third ground could solve the issues.

That's a nice thought. Let me ask you, what's stopping that from happening right now? Your OP is about profit motive in the media so even if you did start a party which operated the way you laid out how do you get the message out if you do nothing to address your original complaint, the media's profit motive?

Accusing either party of being against education isn't going to help anything. Wouldn't it be easier to discard the ideals of the past century and form new ones? Why should the same parties have power for so long? Republicans and Democrats have outstayed their welcome.

you have to understand he doesn't really want to help. his interest is in forwarding a liberal agenda only

That's a nice thought. Let me ask you, what's stopping that from happening right now? Your OP is about profit motive in the media so even if you did start a party which operated the way you laid out how do you get the message out if you do nothing to address your original complaint, the media's profit motive?

I think a non profit television station could function with enough support. Radio stations can function as a non profit. A channel dedicated to laying out facts without interpretation would greatly benefit the population.

Forum List

Back