Driverless Car to Deliver Pizza in My Hometown

Horse shit
If that's what they want to do... then sure...
They don't want to starve. They want to earn a living while making a living wage. You are saying they can't and shouldn't therefore what is your answer? Let them starve?
Let them learn to live within their means, or keep their mouths shut lest they should bite the hand that feeds them. People who insist on getting more money for the same menial work; rather than finding a better paying job... Have little value to society to begin with. As such, they probably shouldn't go about making things harder on themselves.
If they can't live within their means, without welfare, because their job doesn't pay them enough to live on how the fuck do you think they are going to improve themselves and get better jobs?
It is more realistic that they turn to crime or they starve.
Horseshit. Virtually no one starves in the US. But it sure does sound like your greasing the skids for their future criminal behavior...
Short sighted. Look into the future. Where will we end up once we automate all low level jobs.
We'll end up at a place where we no longer need low level people.

Ya know, every single time we get stuff like this, a job is lost. The ATM's, the self serving lines in grocery stores, the internet shopping, all are job loss'es for us. Until a driverless car can pay taxes, bad idea. I would also like to add, and until the cost of not having people do this, of their products decrease, what the hell is the point? Just more money for the big guys, that's all

No job lost yet. There will be an employee in this self-driving car. And, we may be years away from human-free pizza delivery.

Every job lost to technology makes the world better for everyone. Consider the logical conclusion: Everyone gets everything they want and no one needs to work. The logical conclusion to your thinking is that the best thing to do is dig holes and fill them in, and endlessly repeat. We'd all have nothing, except jobs (which wouldn't last long because we'd starve).

Ya know, every single time we get stuff like this, a job is lost. The ATM's, the self serving lines in grocery stores, the internet shopping, all are job loss'es for us. Until a driverless car can pay taxes, bad idea. I would also like to add, and until the cost of not having people do this, of their products decrease, what the hell is the point? Just more money for the big guys, that's all

Agreed, but at the end of the day you can't stop progress

Horse shit
They don't want to starve. They want to earn a living while making a living wage. You are saying they can't and shouldn't therefore what is your answer? Let them starve?
Let them learn to live within their means, or keep their mouths shut lest they should bite the hand that feeds them. People who insist on getting more money for the same menial work; rather than finding a better paying job... Have little value to society to begin with. As such, they probably shouldn't go about making things harder on themselves.
If they can't live within their means, without welfare, because their job doesn't pay them enough to live on how the fuck do you think they are going to improve themselves and get better jobs?
Horseshit. Virtually no one starves in the US. But it sure does sound like your greasing the skids for their future criminal behavior...
Short sighted. Look into the future. Where will we end up once we automate all low level jobs.
And what will we do with those low level people?

Horse shit
What do you mean? I wasnt aware I was obligated to do anything with anyone?

Horse shit
To do nothing is to let them starve. It's doing something. Like watching someone drown.

Horse shit
To do nothing is to let them starve. It's doing something. Like watching someone drown.
Im not in the habit of making someone elses problem; my problem. It is up to them to figure out what to do with them.
And again... Virtually no one starves in the US.

Im not in the habit of making someone elses problem; my problem. It is up to them to figure out what to do with them.
But they will when they lose their means of earning a living.
I got mine, fuck you is a selfish attitude.

But they will when they lose their means of earning a living.
I got mine, fuck you is a selfish attitude.
Okay... And?

I can't imagine that's going to work in the winter so I'll probably never see it :/
That's what I've been thinking. What happens when this driverless car hits black ice or tries to drive though eight inches of unplowed snow?

There are a few 'paper streets' in my town. Easements where a street is supposed to be, but, as it turns out, was never developed for one reason or another. Some streets go straight up hill, about a thirty degreee vertical angle. They are never used and never maintained. One runs up toward the high school. Out of town school bus drivers have been guided by GPS to drive up these streets and it always results in a call to AAA to tow their sorry asses out.

But, beyond that, Domino's pizza just sucks. They changed the recipe several years ago and it just ain't the same pie I ate at college in the mid 1970s.

But the kids at that school up north, as the sainted Woody Hayes called it probably won't mind.

O-H

I-O!

I can't imagine that's going to work in the winter so I'll probably never see it :/
That's what I've been thinking. What happens when this driverless car hits black ice or tries to drive though eight inches of unplowed snow?

There are a few 'paper streets' in my town. Easements where a street is supposed to be, but, as it turns out, was never developed for one reason or another. Some streets go straight up hill, about a thirty degreee vertical angle. They are never used and never maintained. One runs up toward the high school. Out of town school bus drivers have been guided by GPS to drive up these streets and it always results in a call to AAA to tow their sorry asses out.

But, beyond that, Domino's pizza just sucks. They changed the recipe several years ago and it just ain't the same pie I ate at college in the mid 1970s.

But the kids at that school up north, as the sainted Woody Hayes called it probably won't mind.

O-H

I-O!
I hated dominoes until they changed their recipe...

A crap job is lost, and how many good jobs are made? You have people who need to make the computer program that controls the car, you need people to make the cars, you need people to do lots of things to replace the people who are losing jobs, and these jobs are better paid jobs.

Forum List

Back