'Duck Dynasty' Under Fire Following Star's Incendiary Anti-Gay Remarks

Way to go Jizzhat. We already have at least 5 (6? 7?) threads on Cracker Barrel. Way to check the board. Nothing like the old scattergun approach. :thup:

Listen up cock sucker, my thread and I'll do as I please as always...:eusa_angel:

You just got salunskied rule 5/6, I gotta go back to the party, catch ya later jackass...

Yeah I'd run away too if I were you.
busted.gif

Came across this and passing on for what it's worth; make of it what you will...

>>In one of a plethora of posts about the fallout to Phil Robertson’s now infamous anti-gay remarks to a GQ reporter, TMZ, ironically, struck upon a key nuance to the situation that other publications have entirely missed: Where was Roberton’s PR counsel when the notorious interview happened? The publicist supporting Robertson was missing in action when the infamous anti-gay statements went down.

Which points to one of the most fundamental aspects of PR 101: when a reporter is present, you are always on the record. Always. On. The. Record.

Phil Robertson’s now famous interview with the GQ reporter took place in several phases. The network’s publicist attended, in accordance with A&E’s rigid PR policy, TMZ says—but when Robertson and the reporter hopped onto ATVs, the publicist didn’t come along for the ride. Bingo. Opportunity knocked, the reporter took advantage of the casual setting to ask a personal question, and out popped the offending remarks.

Surely the Duck Dynasty team has received ample media training and counsel over the course of their hugely successful series, and yes, Phil Robertson is a bona fide adult who can and should be held accountable for his statements.

But had his PR counsel stayed by his side, the attentiveness could have changed history in two ways: 1) A reporter is far less likely to ask the out-of-left-field question with PR counsel standing by, and 2) Whether it took a kick in the shin, a dirty look or an outright interruption, PR counsel could have prevented the ad hoc statement from ever happening or could have at least softened the impact with a quick retraction, a follow up remark, or an apology on the spot. As it was, the PR counselor (and the network) learned of the statement in the worst possible way–along with the rest of the world, when the interview went to print.

As a career PR lead, I believe this nuance is critical. As unacceptable as Robertson’s crass remark may have been, could the knowledge that it was a casual remark he made in the midst of a seemingly social ATV ride make a difference? It might. Or it might not. Robertson is entitled to his personal opinions, but if TMZ’s reporting of the circumstance is accurate, it seems clear he never intended to issue the blunt statement for print. (However, an apology is still in order for the rudeness and insensitivity of the comments, even if they were made in a social setting and may possibly have been intended in jest.)

Time will tell. But Robertson (and his PR counsel) have reinforced a basic lesson in public relations in the hardest possible way.

Off-the-cuff remarks are on the record. << -- How Phil Robertson's PR Team Let Him Down

I can't remember where I read it...but the BIGGEST stock holder of A&E is...are ya ready for it?...are ya sitting down?.....a muslim.
I don't believe all I read, but I thought I would put it out there. Disney owns A&E...or major stock. But some muslim guy owns a chunk of it as well. Supposedly.

What's the significance? :dunno:

How do you know what is 'normal'? Ten percent of the population is homosexual. Animals engage in same sex sexual activity. Prove, other than what your religion says, that homosexual behavior is not 'normal.' Empirically, with solid, indisputable, scientific evidence.

do 2 male ducks mate for life? do 2 male lions have sex to the exclusion of the females? It is not NATURE. And it is MY opinion. I"M not "relgious" necessarily either. It's my opinion, it's common sense. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Or are liberals the only ones whose opinion matter? If you don't LIKE my opinion that mating for life with teh same gender and a man putting his member in another man anus, TOUGH! Get over it. I couldn't care less. I don't NEED to provide proof. YOU provide "proof" to ME that animals of the same gender actually are having sex, and not some sort of dominant posturing crap. YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion and I to mine. But you liberals can't stand any opinion that isn't your. YOU the most intolerant!!

In fact, you like the way animals live? They eat their young, the males kill the babies to make the mother go in heat faster, the ones who aren't at the top of the food chain get killed and eaten. And so unlike you libs, they are self-reliant. If they don't hunt, they don't eat. They alone are responsible for themselves, not some "animal government." If one of them does see another same gender goings on, they are within their rights to stop it if they so desire. There is no political correctness in the animal world. They animals live under a creed that no liberal can grasp. You'd never make it as an animal. You can ACT like animals, but that's the extent of it.
There has been some evidence of homosexual activity between female dolphins.

I have witnessed a domesticated goose and several ducks gang raping a Mallard drake on the shore of a country club lake, I've seen dogs humping each other...and there are the Bonobo chimps.

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main article: List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior

Selected mammals from the full list:

Bison[16]
Brown Bear[17]
Brown Rat[18]
Cavy[18]
Caribou[19]
Cat (domestic)[20]
Cattle (domestic)[21]
Chimpanzee[22][23][24][25]
Common Dolphin[26]
Common Marmoset[27]
Dog[28]
Elephant[29]
Fox[30]
Giraffe[3][31][32]
Goat[16]
Horse (domestic)[33]
Human[34][35][36]
Koala[37]
Lion[34]
Orca[26]
Raccoon[38]

The argument that homosexuality is therefore natural (occurs in nature) is undeniable. This does not make it normal.

Going back to It'sOnlyMe's post, more than 10% of our population has Autism, does that make it normal?

As I pointed out 'normal' and 'natural' are subjective terms: abstract concepts. No one can say definitively what is natura or normal. Social mores tend to dictate these things, culture by culture. Nowadays, the majority of our culture says homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle deserving of respect. That is the current social perspective of the majority of modern day culture in the West and it is spreading throughout the world. Being anti-gay is a minority perspective, at least in the West, nowadays. Accept it. You can think it isn't normal, but it is a perseronal, minority opinion. The rest of the world does not have to see it your way.

As I pointed out 'normal' and 'natural' are subjective terms: abstract concepts. No one can say definitively what is natura or normal. Social mores tend to dictate these things, culture by culture. Nowadays, the majority of our culture says homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle deserving of respect. That is the current social perspective of the majority of modern day culture in the West and it is spreading throughout the world. Being anti-gay is a minority perspective, at least in the West, nowadays. Accept it. You can think it isn't normal, but it is a perseronal, minority opinion. The rest of the world does not have to see it your way.

What complete bullshit. Normal and natural are not subjective. You liberals always try to twist and spin something to fit your lie. Homosexuals are not normal. Since they are human they are natural but their sexual behavior Is not. Whether it is evil is up to God. Whether it is a sin is up to your bible. My Christian bible days it is but it also says to never hate the sinner just the sin.

tapatalk post

The Duck guy said nothing hateful, he quoted his view from the Bible, when he was asked the question. He said that certain people would not inherit God's Kingdom. I think people made way to much out of a statement, but GQ is really happy because now they will sell more magazines, and they have been relevant in decades.

Telling people they deserve to be tortured for all eternity because of who they love isn't hateful?

Sounds pretty hateful to me. I mean, I get annoyed with a lot of you assclowns here, but I wouldn't wish for ANY of you to be tortured for all eternity.

Killing babies in the womb is worse then believing sin keeps you from heaven. Supporting said baby killing is worse as well. I am guessing this why so many progressives wish to deny God.

tapatalk post

If abortion was "killing babies" then why didn't God SPECIFICALLY prohibit it in the Bible?

I mean the guy had rules for how the Hebrews should cut their hair and what their clothes should look like and how to wash your nutsack after a wet dream, but you would think if protecting the fetus was such an important thing, he'd have spelled that one out.

How do you know what is 'normal'? Ten percent of the population is homosexual. Animals engage in same sex sexual activity. Prove, other than what your religion says, that homosexual behavior is not 'normal.' Empirically, with solid, indisputable, scientific evidence.

do 2 male ducks mate for life? do 2 male lions have sex to the exclusion of the females? It is not NATURE. And it is MY opinion. I"M not "relgious" necessarily either. It's my opinion, it's common sense. We are all entitled to our own opinions. Or are liberals the only ones whose opinion matter? If you don't LIKE my opinion that mating for life with teh same gender and a man putting his member in another man anus, TOUGH! Get over it. I couldn't care less. I don't NEED to provide proof. YOU provide "proof" to ME that animals of the same gender actually are having sex, and not some sort of dominant posturing crap. YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion and I to mine. But you liberals can't stand any opinion that isn't your. YOU the most intolerant!!

In fact, you like the way animals live? They eat their young, the males kill the babies to make the mother go in heat faster, the ones who aren't at the top of the food chain get killed and eaten. And so unlike you libs, they are self-reliant. If they don't hunt, they don't eat. They alone are responsible for themselves, not some "animal government." If one of them does see another same gender goings on, they are within their rights to stop it if they so desire. There is no political correctness in the animal world. They animals live under a creed that no liberal can grasp. You'd never make it as an animal. You can ACT like animals, but that's the extent of it.
There has been some evidence of homosexual activity between female dolphins.

I have witnessed a domesticated goose and several ducks gang raping a Mallard drake on the shore of a country club lake, I've seen dogs humping each other...and there are the Bonobo chimps.

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main article: List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior

Selected mammals from the full list:

Bison[16]
Brown Bear[17]
Brown Rat[18]
Cavy[18]
Caribou[19]
Cat (domestic)[20]
Cattle (domestic)[21]
Chimpanzee[22][23][24][25]
Common Dolphin[26]
Common Marmoset[27]
Dog[28]
Elephant[29]
Fox[30]
Giraffe[3][31][32]
Goat[16]
Horse (domestic)[33]
Human[34][35][36]
Koala[37]
Lion[34]
Orca[26]
Raccoon[38]

The argument that homosexuality is therefore natural (occurs in nature) is undeniable. This does not make it normal.
The act of sex is for pleasure and reproduction Animals do not use sex for pleasure only for reproduction and to show they're the dominant male in the pack or herd.

[q
The act of sex is for pleasure and reproduction Animals do not use sex for pleasure only for reproduction and to show they're the dominant male in the pack or herd.

Animals have no idea that sex leads to reproduction.

They're animals. They are hard-wired to simply have sex, and it stimulates the pleasure centers in their brains. They can't make a conscious decision.

[q

Animals have no idea that sex leads to reproduction.

They're animals. They are hard-wired to simply have sex, and it stimulates the pleasure centers in their brains. They can't make a conscious decision.

To advance the spices/ (species) is what they are hardwired for. Pleasure is not one of them. To dominate a rival is.

Last edited:
Telling people they deserve to be tortured for all eternity because of who they love isn't hateful?

Sounds pretty hateful to me. I mean, I get annoyed with a lot of you assclowns here, but I wouldn't wish for ANY of you to be tortured for all eternity.

Killing babies in the womb is worse then believing sin keeps you from heaven. Supporting said baby killing is worse as well. I am guessing this why so many progressives wish to deny God.

tapatalk post

If abortion was "killing babies" then why didn't God SPECIFICALLY prohibit it in the Bible?

I mean the guy had rules for how the Hebrews should cut their hair and what their clothes should look like and how to wash your nutsack after a wet dream, but you would think if protecting the fetus was such an important thing, he'd have spelled that one out.

He did you f****** idiot thou shall not murder

tapatalk post

What complete bullshit. Normal and natural are not subjective. You liberals always try to twist and spin something to fit your lie. Homosexuals are not normal. Since they are human they are natural but their sexual behavior Is not. Whether it is evil is up to God. Whether it is a sin is up to your bible. My Christian bible days it is but it also says to never hate the sinner just the sin.

tapatalk post

The biological purpose of sexual relations is to reproduce. Homosexuality does not allow for that, and thus is a biological defect, as it hinders the individual person's ability to reproduce and thus continue thier genetic line.

Its up to society to decide if a behavior is allowable or tolerable, but biology says its something screwy.

tapatalk post

tapatalk post

Again, where did he specifically say that about fetuses?

Quite the contrary, the bible calls for pregnant women to be killed if they violate God's other laws, therefore the bible did not see the fetus as a person.

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24

tapatalk post

Again, where did he specifically say that about fetuses?

Quite the contrary, the bible calls for pregnant women to be killed if they violate God's other laws, therefore the bible did not see the fetus as a person.

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17
(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)

Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

The priest shall say unto the woman, The LORD make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the LORD doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell. And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. ...
And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. -- Numbers 5:21-21, 27-28

Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt. -- Genesis 38:24

Listen you sick f*** none of that talked about killing a baby for convenience. Thou shall not murder abortion is murder

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back