DuckDuckGo biased?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Search results...

Terms "Daniel Penny givesendgo"

No quotes though.

Brave...first result is a direct link to Daniel Penny's GiveSendGo ...

Screenshot_20230514-161625~3.png

DuckDuckGo...where is it?

Screenshot_20230514-161809-215.png

Try it for yourself ...

Try "USMessageboard" while you're there ...

A link to our little messageboard doesn't show up in the results for me at all.

Maybe just their algorithm. For them to pay for their browser the need advertiser dollars but they dn't save your searches. Maybe directing you to a specific campaign adds little to their bottom line.

Last edited:
I can't find a truly unbiased search engine. I've tried them all. I'm currently using Brave but after about a month, it's clear that even they bring up the typical Fake Stream “news” sites like CNN, Fox, etc. Same crap over and over again. The closest engine I could find to being any good was Result Hunter, but I wasn't fond of the format and it was slow. Qwant is biased. DD Go turned on us and became biased. I will never use Google or Bing.

Search results...

Terms "Daniel Penny givesendgo"

No quotes though.

Brave...first result is a direct link to Daniel Penny's GiveSendGo ...

DuckDuckGo...where is it?

Try it for yourself ...

Try "USMessageboard" while you're there ...

A link to our little messageboard doesn't show up in the results for me at all.
I spelled it as “US Message Board” and it responded with numerous hits and links.

Maybe just their.algorithm. For them to pay for their browser the need advertiser dollars but they dn't save your searches. Maybe directing you to a specific campaign adds little to their bottom line.
Good point...I was going to try "Jordan Neely Givesendgo" for comparisin...but there is no campaign for him.

Duck Duck is a meta search built on top of two crawlers, Yandex and Bing.

1684100667118.png

I have been thinking about adding Gigablast and Mojeek to my FireFox search bar, I am just too lazy to do research on those sites, so I haven't done the leg work yet. I commonly use DuckDuck and Presearch.

Of those two terms, they were both the top result on Presearch, so most times, I have no problems.

When I do have problems finding what I need, Yandex is on my browser, it gives some interesting leads.

1684100837247.png

Yeah, Laptop. Look At your search again, it was the #6 result.
Maybe mobile search is different.

#6 is just to their main site...

I ran it again...took two screenshots to get to it...

Screenshot_20230514-165446.png

Screenshot_20230514-165603-615~2.png

That's a long way down on the second page when Brave is giving it as the very first result.

I can't find a truly unbiased search engine. I've tried them all. I'm currently using Brave but after about a month, it's clear that even they bring up the typical Fake Stream “news” sites like CNN, Fox, etc. Same crap over and over again. The closest engine I could find to being any good was Result Hunter, but I wasn't fond of the format and it was slow. Qwant is biased. DD Go turned on us and became biased. I will never use Google or Bing.

Try Searx.org

Good for cached versions of articles as well.

Duck Duck is a meta search built on top of two crawlers, Yandex and Bing.

View attachment 785469

I have been thinking about adding Gigablast and Mojeek to my FireFox search bar, I am just too lazy to do research on those sites, so I haven't done the leg work yet. I commonly use DuckDuck and Presearch.

Of those two terms, they were both the top result on Presearch, so most times, I have no problems.

When I do have problems finding what I need, Yandex is on my browser, it gives some interesting leads.

View attachment 785472
You're way beyond me on that.

I'm like John McClane...

Screenshot_20230514-172116-846.png

No. I’m on an iPhone. I got a similar list. And the third or fourth connects to this Board.
That's so odd.

I'm on Android and using the DuckDuckGo App.

I noticed a long time ago that it provided no direct link to USMB for me.

That's when I switched to Brave.

Google took over DUCKDUCK in 2016? It was ruined immediately as all search engines are. One poster mentioned a newer name Above but i dont care anymore. Until something Positive happens for America....why look at it?

Yandex i thought was uncensored but at times my work PC flips to yadex to google results? Weird? Like its been compromised also?

Forum List

Back