Trump team orchestrated 'fake electors' to try to overturn election, Jan. 6 committee details

Agreed. Alternate electors are a long standing tradition in American politics.

Leftards are completely full of shit.
These guys weren't alternate electors. It's time you on the right stopped making things up then repeating it like its true.

“Fake electors” is another made up MSM catch phrase. Just like “Hush money” when NDA’s are perfectly legal.

They were alternate electors in case a challenge to the election results would get overturned. JFK did it. Nothing illegal about it.
What happened with Stormy Daniels was not about NDA's and those people who played elector were not alternates. Fox paid over 700 million because they lie about the news.

Last edited:
Denied.

Read a fucking history book.

Goddamit, leftards are not only stupid they're completely ignorant.
Lol. So you make a claim, and I need to support it?

That's NOT how an argument works. If I'm indeed ignorant you should delight in showing me how ignorant I am.

The truth is, and I know this because I DO read history books. That you are referring to an instance were JFK had a similar document in Hawaii, following a close election (difference being 150 votes) circulated. There is ONE VERY BIG DIFFERENCE THOUGH.

When those certificates were actually counted by Nixon. The slate of electors for Kennedy WAS certified by the Governor of Hawaii. And a judge DID identify the electors as THE electors for Hawaii.

This is the problem with people like you. You make claims, can't support them. And when confronted by that fact, instead of simply having the common sense to just go away, you think that bluster will disguise YOUR IGNORANCE/DISHONESTY.

Last edited:
One MILLION felonies!

xfog66.gif
LoL

They were alternate electors in case a challenge to the election results would get overturned.
Five out of the seven phony slates of electors said that they were the "“duly elected and qualified Electors" of their states. Oddly enough the two states that claimed their votes were "just in case" are not being charged with election fraud and forgery......

I've heard reference to "fake electors" in passing from time to time but had no knowledge of what had really occured.

60 Minutes is currently airing on TV and they did a segment on this topic which I find particularly interesting in light of the events of the last few days. Of course I'm referring to the conviction of the former U.S. president Donald J. Trump and the subsequent outrage in response.

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald Trump's team orchestrated a plot to overturn the 2020 election by organizing slates of alternate "fake electors" in seven pivotal states, according to testimony and documents presented Tuesday by the House Jan. 6 committee.
During its fourth public hearing, the committee revealed that the fake electors submitted false certifications of Trump victories to the National Archives in hopes of having then-Vice President Mike Pence substitute them for the actual electoral votes that made Joe Biden president.
Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel said in pre-recorded testimony that Trump called her so that one of his lawyers, John Eastman, could outline how the party organization could play its part in trying to certify Trump slates from states that voted for Biden.
"Essentially he turned the call over to Mr. Eastman who then proceeded to talk about the importance of the RNC helping the campaign gather these contingent electors in case any of the legal challenges that were ongoing changed the result of any of the states," McDaniel said, revealing Trump's direct knowledge of the effort to undermine the election.
The effort to organize counterfeit electors was one part of a broader campaign by the just-defeated president to cling to power.
But, according to the committee, it demonstrated Trump's willingness to use any means — regardless of their legality — to reverse the will of voters. Trump's team turned to the "fake electors" plan when it became clear that state officials in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania and other key battlegrounds would not overturn the results in their states and replace Biden electors with Trump electors.
Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, said in recorded testimony that the White House counsel's office advised Meadows, Giuliani and others that the plan was not legally sound. And two Trump campaign lawyers, Justin Clark and Matt Morgan, testified that they were uncomfortable with the idea of tapping fake electors.
The tactical details of the effort, according to evidence presented Tuesday, included a clandestine plot for fake electors to sleep overnight in the Michigan Capitol, the involvement of members of Congress, and a Trump campaign request for false Wisconsin certification documents to be flown across state lines to Washington in time for the Jan. 6 count.
Laura Cox, former chair of the Michigan Republican Party, testified in a video clip that a person affiliated with the Trump campaign told her about the sleepover stratagem.
"He told me that the Michigan Republican electors were planning to meet in the Capitol and hide overnight so that they could fulfill the role of casting their vote per law in the Michigan chambers," she said. "And I told him in no uncertain terms that was insane and inappropriate."
And a Wisconsin Republican complained in a text message about the Trump campaign's Jan. 4, 2021, search for a plane to carry false certification documents.
"Freaking Trump idiots want someone to fly original elector papers to the senate President [Pence]," Mark Jefferson, the executive director of the Wisconsin GOP, wrote. "They're going to call one of us to tell us just what the hell is going on."
When Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, a Trump supporter who rebuffed Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani's entreaties to switch electors in his state, learned that fake electors had met, he was shocked.
"I thought, this is tragic parody," he testified at Thursday's hearing. Bowers also alleged that Giuliani acknowledged the absence of evidence for Trump's claims of election fraud.
Continued at the hyperlink below

That story you posted is 2 years old. It's from 2022.

And the information was presented by Jan 6th committee made up of his most hated enemies that have done nothing but proven they don't care about Americans, or America, or justice or anything. All they care about is "get trump". So anything they say I take with a grain of salt.

Besides if they hadn't locked up him or been able to charge him by now then they obviously had nothing.

And the information was presented by Jan 6th committee made up of his most hated enemies that have done nothing but proven they don't care about Americans, or America, or justice or anything. All they care about is "get trump". So anything they say I take with a grain of salt.

Besides if they hadn't locked up him or been able to charge him by now then they obviously had nothing.
I indicated that the reason I was interested in this story is because of Trump's conviction a few days previously and because 60 Minutes was airing it.

I don't watch 60 Minutes faithfully but it airs after the local news on Sunday nights and they often have very interesting stories. Sunday I just happened to pay attention to what they were outlining because it appears to bolster the claim(s) that Trump was willing to do whatever he felt he had to in order to "steal" the election.

And finally, the news story ALSO brought back the memory of Trump on the phone trying to convince the State Election representative to "find" just X number of votes, which in a very childlike maneuver was exactly one more than he would have needed in order to prevail. Trump is not an honest individual

On January 2, 2021, during an hour-long conference call, then-U.S. President Donald Trump pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to change the state's election results from the 2020 presidential election. Trump had been defeated by Joe Biden in the election, but refused to accept the outcome,[1] and made a months-long effort to overturn the results. Prior to the call to Raffensperger, Trump and his campaign spoke repeatedly to state and local officials in at least three states in which he had lost, urging them to recount votes, throw out some ballots,[2][3] or replace the Democratic slate of electors with a Republican slate. Trump's call with Raffensperger was reported by The Washington Post and other media outlets the day after it took place.[4][5][6]

• Winner
Reactions: IM2

Trump is the one delaying trials about 1-6. And the information the 1-6 committee had was given by members of the trump administration. If you cared about Americans or America you'd want to get Tryump, because he's a threat to America and Americans.

We can only hope his next trial on the fake elector scheme is over quickly and he is convicted yet again

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back