Dump Trump at Convention

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review
The headlines are not good for Trump this morning.

Speaker To GOP: Vote Your ‘Conscience’ On Trump... More Republicans Ditch Donald… Kasich: ‘At This Point, I Just Can’t Do It’... Former Bush Adviser Backs Clinton... ‘He Doesn’t Appear To Be A Republican’... GOP Strategists Plot Convention Coup...

Wasn't Kasich the most normal Republican of the bunch? He was supposed to be the most electable of the bunch. The most moderate. And even he doesn't trust Trump? Wow!
Did you see Samantha Bee take out Kasich over his NY stump before that primary?
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="New York Primaries Part 1 | Full Frontal with Samantha Bee | TBS - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Kasich is the taint between the dick (trump) and Cruz (asshole). LOL

I love Sam B so much! She's so funny/smart she's hot.

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review
The headlines are not good for Trump this morning.

Speaker To GOP: Vote Your ‘Conscience’ On Trump... More Republicans Ditch Donald… Kasich: ‘At This Point, I Just Can’t Do It’... Former Bush Adviser Backs Clinton... ‘He Doesn’t Appear To Be A Republican’... GOP Strategists Plot Convention Coup...

Wasn't Kasich the most normal Republican of the bunch? He was supposed to be the most electable of the bunch. The most moderate. And even he doesn't trust Trump? Wow!
Did you see Samantha Bee take out Kasich over his NY stump before that primary?
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="New York Primaries Part 1 | Full Frontal with Samantha Bee | TBS - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Kasich is the taint between the dick (trump) and Cruz (asshole). LOL

I love Sam B so much! She's so funny/smart she's hot.
Kasich is just ... much older than his years.

I sure would like to be a fly on the wall at party meetings.

Conventional wisdom is that they won't go after Trump because it would mean a certain loss to Hillary when his followers stay home. But if the calculus is that they're fucked either way and they could at least maintain control of what remains of the party, and that it may save their ass down-ballot, they may do it.

I'm thinking chances are increasing that they pull the trigger on this.

:popcorn:
His mouth is going to cause high voter turnout and that's not good for the GOP if those votes are against trump.

I sure would like to be a fly on the wall at party meetings.

Conventional wisdom is that they won't go after Trump because it would mean a certain loss to Hillary when his followers stay home. But if the calculus is that they're fucked either way and they could at least maintain control of what remains of the party, and that it may save their ass down-ballot, they may do it.

I'm thinking chances are increasing that they pull the trigger on this.

:popcorn:

He will be the nominee.

The question will be if he can get 40% of the vote?

There appears to be a growing movement among delegates, egged on by the Republican leadership in Congress, to make up new rules that will allow them to dump trump at the convention.

So what then cons? That would mean all those people that went to the polls and voted did so for no reason. It would mean the Republican party believes 'votes don't matter'. (what a surprise).

What will be the reaction? A political party that has rules in place so Republican voters can select a candidate, and then they change the rules to select another candidate right at the end because the party elite don't like who the voters VOTED for. Why then is there a party and a primary? You trump supporters don't look now but the elites are about to step on your neck.

There appears to be a growing movement among delegates, egged on by the Republican leadership in Congress, to make up new rules that will allow them to dump trump at the convention.

So what then cons? That would mean all those people that went to the polls and voted did so for no reason. It would mean the Republican party believes 'votes don't matter'. (what a surprise).

What will be the reaction? A political party that has rules in place so Republican voters can select a candidate, and then they change the rules to select another candidate right at the end because the party elite don't like who the voters VOTED for. Why then is there a party and a primary? You trump supporters don't look now but the elites are about to step on your neck.

Primary votes don't matter, really. They're not legally binding. Primaries after all don't elect anybody to office.

The question will be if he can get 40% of the vote?

:dunno:

1713712716123_n_theweekend_DBlock2_240421_1920x1080-9bvog6.png

:rofl:

Forum List

Back