Dump Trump at Convention

Dump him. Its not like his supporters will vote for hiLIARy anyway
True, they won't. At least not the ones who only voted for Trump in the primaries so that the GOP would be "forced" to run him; who always intended on voting Sanders or Hillary in the general anyway. There was so much kabuki theater going on with the left whipping up faux and real (demonstrators angering conservatives on purpose at Trump rallies) "support" for Trump that it was hard to keep up. But it was also very obvious too. Trump's obvious narcissism served nicely to be the perfect stooge for all of this; though he may have known from day one and been batting for his LGBT friends and heros all along.

As people who post here regularly know I'm not a Trump fan but the reality is he won the delegates need to be the nominee you try and take that away from him at the convention Hillary is the next President. For all who aren't Trump fans myself included here are the choices. Bite the bullet and vote Trump, do a write in choice or vote third party, vote for the congressional races but not President or just sit this one out.

The most recent Bloomberg poll has 28% of Republicans unhappy with their nominee and 8% of Democrats unhappy with theirs.

And Hillary leads by 12%.

As people who post here regularly know I'm not a Trump fan but the reality is he won the delegates need to be the nominee you try and take that away from him at the convention Hillary is the next President. For all who aren't Trump fans myself included here are the choices. Bite the bullet and vote Trump, do a write in choice or vote third party, vote for the congressional races but not President or just sit this one out.

The most recent Bloomberg poll has 28% of Republicans unhappy with their nominee and 8% of Democrats unhappy with theirs.

And Hillary leads by 12%.
As I have said before about polls they will be up and down till Election Day I will start taking polls serious at the of September through till Election Day.

Well, it can't be Cruz because he is Canadian born, only revoking citizenship in 2014. And Rubio couldn't even carry his state. Kasich is the only one who polled consistently trouncing Hillary in the general. Plus, carrying Ohio is a big deal apparently.

So, if the GOP is going to select a winner...someone who can actually carry the general, then it really is a process of elimination. Kasich isn't a puppet. His grit and "in-your-face" ism is appealing. A Mitt Romney type isn't going to cut it. Nor a McCain. Too puppety. To establishment.
Sadly, the extreme rw won't stand for a non- demagogue candidate.

Not so, I am RW (pretty extreme too) - Kasich will do fine. Plus he will pull in lots of Dems, Indys etc.

People, including me, can bitch about Trump all we want, but the Tea Party guy, who has no friends at all in congress, lasted longest, and none of the establishment guys did much because the GOP's message is screw the middle class. Everyone of those tax cut proposals was skewed to the 1% with the tired old lie the they create jobs.

So, I just don't see how pulling the rug out from under the Donald helps much down ticket, and I really doubt at this point that Kasich/Rubio can win anyway.

My understanding is that delegates can vote for any Republican, not just one of the ambitious gaggle who showed up at the debates.

So consider Mitch Daniels from Indiana, George Will likes him - me too.

National Review Online | Print
Except that Priebus already said that the nominee will be one of the last three men actively running in the campaign. Cruz can't be: Canadian. Trump is who will guarantee a loss. Kasich will guarantee a win..

..so by process of elimination....

'Priebus says' - maybe. But the we will see what the Rules Committee determines, the day of fiat by any single elder is over.

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review
The headlines are not good for Trump this morning.

Speaker To GOP: Vote Your ‘Conscience’ On Trump... More Republicans Ditch Donald… Kasich: ‘At This Point, I Just Can’t Do It’... Former Bush Adviser Backs Clinton... ‘He Doesn’t Appear To Be A Republican’... GOP Strategists Plot Convention Coup...

Wasn't Kasich the most normal Republican of the bunch? He was supposed to be the most electable of the bunch. The most moderate. And even he doesn't trust Trump? Wow!

David French repeats a little know fact about delegates freedom to choose at the Convention:

Not a Single Republican Delegate Is ‘Bound’ to Donald Trump, by David French, National Review

Speaker To GOP: Vote Your ‘Conscience’ On Trump... More Republicans Ditch Donald… Kasich: ‘At This Point, I Just Can’t Do It’... Former Bush Adviser Backs Clinton... ‘He Doesn’t Appear To Be A Republican’... GOP Strategists Plot Convention Coup...

Wasn't Kasich the most normal Republican of the bunch? He was supposed to be the most electable of the bunch. The most moderate. And even he doesn't trust Trump? Wow!
Major companies pull sponsorship of GOP convention

The gop may not be able to afford a convention this year ... not that there is much enthusiasm for having one anyway. LOL

Major companies pull sponsorship of GOP convention

The gop may not be able to afford a convention this year ... not that there is much enthusiasm for having one anyway. LOL
Trump is fucked.

Donald J. Trump’s campaign schedule is being driven by his fund-raising needs, prompting him to appear in heavily Republican states like Georgia and Texas and diverting his attention from battlegrounds where Hillary Clinton is spending her time.

“A travel schedule driven by fund-raising needs that takes you away from battleground states is one that’s full of missed opportunities,” said Kevin Madden, a Republican strategist and former Mitt Romney adviser.

Did you see Samantha Bee take out Kasich over his NY stump before that primary?
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="New York Primaries Part 1 | Full Frontal with Samantha Bee | TBS - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donald J. Trump is holding a fund-raiser in New York City next week to be hosted by a who’s who of the financial world, including John A. Paulson, whose hedge fund made billions betting on the collapse of the housing market.

I sure would like to be a fly on the wall at party meetings.

Conventional wisdom is that they won't go after Trump because it would mean a certain loss to Hillary when his followers stay home. But if the calculus is that they're fucked either way and they could at least maintain control of what remains of the party, and that it may save their ass down-ballot, they may do it.

I'm thinking chances are increasing that they pull the trigger on this.

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back