The Best State In America?

Whatā€™s your favorite state, if you have one? As a native Maine-Ah (where I currently live), I have also lived in Connecticut, Georgia and Florida. I really donā€™t have a favorite place, as there are were pluses to living in all those other states. I loved the culture, people, food, girls, music and weather down South and think that if I ever move somewhere else? Probably somewhere around Nashville, Tennessee or Austin, Texas (Iā€™m a musician and kick butt music is my passion).

I also want to see Montana and the Midwest, before I leave this planet.

Do you have a favorite state?
There is no best state. There are pros and cons of living in every state. I have lived in nearly half of them. I have found that it is all about individual priorities, likes and dislikes. I have heard people say I would never live in a Red State. I love this state because they don't have an income taxes. This is the best state because it's most beautiful state. I love this place because we have great jobs, we the wonderful beaches, snow skiing, best parks, lowest taxes, best roads, etc, etc.

It's like asking what flavor of ice cream is best.

Last edited:
There is no best state. There are pros and cons of living in every state. I have lived in nearly half of them. I have found that it is all about individual priorities, likes and dislikes. I have heard people say I would never live in a Red State. I love this state because they don't have an income taxes. This is the best state because it's most beautiful state. I love this place because we have great jobs, we the wonderful beaches, snow skiing, etc, etc.

True. Some like living in current California. The rest of like America better.

California used to be my favorite state back in the 1980's. I saw parts of the old Route 66 at Santa Monica Pier.

My favorite state today would be Florida! I have loved Florida for awhile now. I would move there if I could.
I was going to say California myself. It is a very beautiful state.

Next I would say New Mexico, around the Farmington area. I just love the rock formations.

There are a lot of nice places. Iā€™ve traveled all around the country and itā€™s amazing how the scenery changes depending on where you go. Itā€™s like certain regions all have different biomes.

I didn't say anything about politics re: CA and FL. They are wonderful states as I've previously stated on this thread. They have excessive population for my liking. I live a rural life.

Florida still has a considerable amount of rural areas. I always liked it down there, away from the beaches and the Mouse.

I like living in the South. Georgia and Alabama have been home for years.

I've traveled extensively in the eastern half of the country. Not so much out west, but that will be remedied when my Sweetie retires next month and we start our travel plans.

Florida still has a considerable amount of rural areas. I always liked it down there, away from the beaches and the Mouse.
I haven't driven in a major metropolitan area many times in the past ten years. That being said, I drove in many major cities in May of this year. Denver, KC, St. Louis, Atlanta, Tallahassee, Tampa etc. I don't much care for those type of places. I was really disappointed in what I saw in FL. Driving between Tallahassee and Tampa and Tampa to Gainesville, I was taken with the excessive traffic. I have relatives in the Tampa area and spent a few days. We spent many hours on surface streets and I was appalled at how long it took to get anywhere. I am glad to be back home where I can drive for 20 to 30 miles and never see another vehicle.

There is no best state. There are pros and cons of living in every state. I have lived in nearly half of them. I have found that it is all about individual priorities, likes and dislikes. I have heard people say I would never live in a Red State. I love this state because they don't have an income taxes. This is the best state because it's most beautiful state. I love this place because we have great jobs, we the wonderful beaches, snow skiing, best parks, lowest taxes, best roads, etc, etc.

I like what you have said, Flopper. I have lived and traveled all up and down the East Coast throughout my life and, to split the hairline, itā€™s the here and now. The Present is my favorite place to be. From my experience, no matter where I go, the happiest and most prosperous folks live by that code. I used to be one of those ā€œthe grass is always greener over thereā€ folks; but I have learned to really appreciate where I am - at least in my advancing age. The older I get, the younger minded I actually become (if that makes any sense).

Forum List

Back