Ebola Deaths in US this year: 1

And you'd think the figures were the other way around for how hyped ebola is.

Just because only 1 person has died thus far doesn't make ebola any less of a threat of spreading in America. I'm not expert on this, so I don't know how serious we all should take it at this point, but I'll try to educate myself a bit.

Just because only 1 person has died thus far doesn't make ebola any less of a threat of spreading in America. I'm not expert on this, so I don't know how serious we all should take it at this point, but I'll try to educate myself a bit.

We should take every illness with the possibility of becoming an epidemic or pandemic quite seriously.

Bubonic Plague which wiped out most of medevil Europe has been in the US all along but ya don't hear anything about that. Could it be because ebola came from the 'dark continent?'

OP is a lie.

Ebola deaths this year:

"3,879 have died"

"This underestimates significantly the genuine picture. More detail is included on the individual country pages but in summary: Guinea has recorded around 100 new confirmed cases in the past week; Liberia struggles to collect data but estimates of more than 200 clinical cases in the past week likely underplays the true situation; Sierra Leone also has seen a rise in cases week on week with more than 350 in the past week alone."

Ebola

Last edited:
OP is a lie.

Ebola deaths this year:

"3,879 have died"

"This underestimates significantly the genuine picture. More detail is included on the individual country pages but in summary: Guinea has recorded around 100 new confirmed cases in the past week; Liberia struggles to collect data but estimates of more than 200 clinical cases in the past week likely underplays the true situation; Sierra Leone also has seen a rise in cases week on week with more than 350 in the past week alone."

Ebola

Only stupid people...Wouldn't have understood I was referring to US figures.

In other words, if you fall for the hype and freak out about ebola, go to the hospital to get yourself checked out, you're 100,000 times more likely to pick up some lethal infection and die than die from ebola. And 2 million times more likely to pick up some infection and be puking your lungs up but not die.

It doesn't do any good to go to the hospital, since they're following the strictures provided by WHO and CDC.

The liberians have it right...you have a good chance of croaking if you go to the hospital.

The Spanish Ebola nurse told the health professionals repeatedly (in various and assorted settings) that she thought she had ebola.

They sent her on vacation.

Cuz WHO doesn't want people to panic.

The Spanish Ebola nurse told the health professionals repeatedly (in various and assorted settings) that she thought she had ebola.

They sent her on vacation.

Cuz WHO doesn't want people to panic.

No one wants anyone to panic. Unless you do.

No, what they don't want anyone to do is be informed.

The party of information and science strikes again.

OP is a lie.

Ebola deaths this year:

"3,879 have died"

Ebola

Ebola Deaths in US this year: 1

Nice to know your attention to detail is non-existant. Helps understanding you.

"Monning was not one of the 48 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials because he never had direct contact with the patient. Monnig did enter the apartment where Duncan stayed after Duncan had been admitted to the hospital.

“He was in the apartment for 30 minutes, which we were told is no chance to contact the virus,” said Logan."

Ebola Scare Sends Dallas County Sheriff 8217 s Deputy To Hospital CBS Dallas Fort Worth

"In Africa, Ebola infection "has been documented through the handling of infected chimpanzees, gorillas, fruit bats, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines," WHO says, though researchers think fruit bats are what they call the virus' "natural host."

"Studies on dogs transmitting the infection are not as conclusive. During the 2001-2002 Ebola outbreak in Gabon, scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found signs of the virus in around 25 percent of dogs living in the affected area of the country. Yet none of the animals became symptomatic or died of the disease during the study period.

"The only conclusion that may be safely drawn from this study is that the animals encountered Ebola virus (and their immune systems responded)," Margaret H. Gilbert, a clinical veterinarian and assistant professor of medicine at Tulane National Primate Research Center, wrote in an email to CNN. "Whether or not dogs shed Ebola once their immune systems encounter it remains to be seen."

"When other wild animals like chimpanzees are infected with the virus, "the infection is highly lethal and causes huge outbreaks and massive population declines," the scientists wrote in their published paper.

"Still, dogs may excrete infectious Ebola particles in their urine, feces or drool, the scientists wrote, as has been observed with other animals.

"Asymptomatically infected dogs could be a potential source of human Ebola outbreaks," they wrote.

Read more: Spain euthanizes Ebola patient s dog Health - WCVB Home

So who are these "federal authorities" that are informing the hospitals, law enforcement and our first line workers that there's no chance of infection via casual contact?

The CDC! Looking out for us..aren't they great, folks?

Forum List

Back