🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Economy Crash / Power Grid Attack Preppers List

HandyAndy

Rookie
Aug 4, 2014
Things I think people will need when the SHIT hits the fan.

Flint stone (fire starter)
Hatchet (hand axe)
Boxes of strike anywhere matches
Small compound bow (for quiet stealth hunting / protection)
Water purifier / purifying tablets for on the go
Pocket knife / Leather man multi tool
Pair of boots (shoes are not always going to cut it)
Sturdy rope you can always find use for rope
Emergency fold up blanket (The ones that come in car kits)
they fit in your pocket and could save your life
2 pairs of wool socks (while your wearing one pair you can wash the other
In lakes or rivers if you have to keeping your feet healthy is very important
Bugout bag (a bag full of food and other items to survive on the run)
Solar / Wind up flashlights (they dont use batteries)

This list will get you started but there are many other things you will need
I would like to see what items everone else would have for there preppers list
please share.

good start ANDY , what is your scenario . My scenario would be to live rural far from big population centers and to have a home well stocked with food that doesn't use energy for its preservation . The frozen food would be used first so it doesn't spoil if electricity goes down . After that i'd have dried and canned food staples , vegetables and meat both home canned and store bought . Since I plan to stay home I'd have the tools [hatchet] and a well stocked home . A water well with a hand pump if electricity goes out . A .22 rifle , a 12 gauge shotgun and a rifle , maybe an AR or 30.30 , .308 . 30.06 and black powder for hunting and other needs . You mentioned power grid going out so it'd be good to have an old truck , motorcycle that doesn't rely on electronics . I assume an EMP attack if its a power grid attack . Lots of candles , some fuel storage and the whole setup situated on forest land of hardwood for firewood with a big garden and a pond or small stream . I don't see me traipsing about the countryside with a gobag . Course if traipsing was required then I'd do the best I could for as long as I could .

A rocket to boost me to another planet where the shit hasn't hit the fan.

generator is fine but requires fuel . Depends on how long the problem lasts but fuel might run out pretty quick and i'd think that fuel would be better used for really important things like transportation . Course that's my opinion but I'd get along 1880s style when much of the USA still didn't have electricity . Get up with the sun , go to bed when the sun goes down .

generator is fine but requires fuel . Depends on how long the problem lasts but fuel might run out pretty quick and i'd think that fuel would be better used for really important things like transportation . Course that's my opinion but I'd get along 1880s style when much of the USA still didn't have electricity . Get up with the sun , go to bed when the sun goes down .

That would get old,,soon, ever go camping with the Boy Scouts? The Army?

The difference between the two is the Boy Scouts have adult leadership...

I'd use horses for transportation....I selected 43 acres with caves and ground springs in the area.....for the big doo-doo hits the fan event....lots of edible wild life in the area also, along with natural berries and nuts...

Last edited:

They sure do, I learned that after Hurricane Sandy knocked us down up here in NJ. Fights in the lines at the gas stations.

So gasoline can be stored (properly) for up to six months and safely. I have two generators now.

I'm going to try and stay on the go and stay in the country side as long as possible ill go into towns if i need to scavenge supplies my plan is to live in old barns and take the rail road tracks to stay off the main highways i live in Michigan and its littered with old farms with barns nobody uses anymore very sturdy and tons of hiding spots don't travel in day light there will be gangs of looters who will kill you and take all your stuff without thinking twice.

My plan is to go liberal and take the stuff the preppers have stored, a lot easier that way.

LOL one problem with that Freewill your going to get yourself killed people didn't prep for years to have it be taken away

Things I think people will need when the SHIT hits the fan.

Flint stone (fire starter)
Hatchet (hand axe)
Boxes of strike anywhere matches
Small compound bow (for quiet stealth hunting / protection)
Water purifier / purifying tablets for on the go
Pocket knife / Leather man multi tool
Pair of boots (shoes are not always going to cut it)
Sturdy rope you can always find use for rope
Emergency fold up blanket (The ones that come in car kits)
they fit in your pocket and could save your life
2 pairs of wool socks (while your wearing one pair you can wash the other
In lakes or rivers if you have to keeping your feet healthy is very important
Bugout bag (a bag full of food and other items to survive on the run)
Solar / Wind up flashlights (they dont use batteries)

This list will get you started but there are many other things you will need
I would like to see what items everone else would have for there preppers list
please share.

What...no FOOD?!?

I didn't mention food because everyone has there own idea of what food they will eat when everything goes to hell i plan on eating a lot of canned beans because there cheap and full of protein and easy to cook over an open fire. Plus I'm going to hunt deer and small game with my bow.

My plan was to bend over and kiss my ass goodbye..... Unfortunately I can't bend that far any more........

I think generators are a terrible idea they are loud, use gas and wont last forever use a generator and your just asking to be looted

Forum List

Back