effective background checks

voltron

Sep 13, 2012
Everyones goal seems to be keeping ar-15s out of the hands of wackos and felons, but background checks only cover the felons. This question is for liberals. I would like to know when you think someones medical records should be provided to the fbi or public to keep a gun out of the hands of mentally ill. I think there are 100s of diagnostics that would qualify.

Everyones goal seems to be keeping ar-15s out of the hands of wackos and felons, but background checks only cover the felons. This question is for liberals. I would like to know when you think someones medical records should be provided to the fbi or public to keep a gun out of the hands of mentally ill. I think there are 100s of diagnostics that would qualify.

Given that libs have failed utterly to prove that background checks of any kind "keep guns out of the hands of felons and whackos" I'd say any response from the pro gun control crowd is ipso facto bullshit.

Im trying to encourage discussion about effective gun control, you are not helping.

The issue has nothing to do with medical records, but concerns only those individuals adjudicated mentally incompetent by a judge per a fair and impartial hearing based on the medical facts, where such a determination is part of the public record.

Part of the problem is states are not reporting and updating the NICS with such records, making background checks less effective.

Im trying to encourage discussion about effective gun control, you are not helping.

Effective gun control means hitting your target. There is no ability to control who has possession of a gun. That should be obvious.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHWd62DCzZU]Gun Control - YouTube[/ame]

The issue has nothing to do with medical records, but concerns only those individuals adjudicated mentally incompetent by a judge per a fair and impartial hearing based on the medical facts, where such a determination is part of the public record.

Part of the problem is states are not reporting and updating the NICS with such records, making background checks less effective.

They are determined mentally incompetent to stand trial after a crime has been comitted, I am trying to encourage preventative tools.

Mental incompetency has nothing to do with medical records ? :confused:

Forum List

Back