The 20 year anniversary of the United States invasion of Iraq. What are your thoughts all these years later?

The Iraq war is what put politics on the map for me.

As a young 25 year old man, I became an adamant Democrat who voted for John Kerry like my life depended on it.

I became a dyed in the wool Democrat and later voted for Obama....twice.

Of course, in retrospect I now realize that Kerry is a crook who wouldn't have gotten us out of the war, and also voted for it - and Obama was just another cog in the faceless Uniparty machine.

I haven't changed, but most Democrats just see the "D" next to the name of their favorite politicians, and act like it's 2004 or some shit. They're asleep at the wheel. They're lazy, ignorant, and lack nuance - and many even have the gall to lecture those of us who left and went over to MAGA.

But back during the era of the Iraq invasion, the Left at least genuflected as an anti-interventionist party.

And I still think Bush/Cheney were (are) warmongering assholes.

Trump upset the globalist apple cart, and now the villains show their true colors as the Democrats steer us toward World War 3 and ally with the very people they told us were the bad guys in an attempt to eliminate the outsider who is Orange Man Rad.

Read Clean Break Strategy and Operation Mass Appeal before you lay the blame for Iraq. Look who the signatories were for the PNAC.

Now the same people are trying to drag us into war with Iran.

Since the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq, however, rightwing political parties in the country have attempted to roll back these rights.

Previous versions of the bill have included rules preventing Muslim men from marrying non-Muslims, the legalisation of marital rape, and banning women from leaving the house without their husband's permission.

The latest version is considerably less explicit, but campaigners fear its passage will allow religious authorities to introduce the rules through their establishment of the Personal Status code.

"These proposed changes to the Personal Status law would have a profoundly negative impact on the rights and wellbeing of women and children in Iraq," said Tamara Amir, CEO of the Iraqi Women's Rights Platform.

She told MEE that unlike previous attempts at passing the reforms, she believed that the current government - led by Coordination Framework member Mohammed Shia al-Sudani - would manage to get it passed, despite Iraqi society being "divided" on the issue.

"They would further entrench gender inequality and put vulnerable individuals at greater risk," she said.

"We urge policymakers to reject these proposals and instead focus on strengthening protections for women and children."

Read Clean Break Strategy and Operation Mass Appeal before you lay the blame for Iraq. Look who the signatories were for the PNAC.

Now the same people are trying to drag us into war with Iran.

I think I made it pretty clear I equally blame both parties.

The difference is the Republican Party has been transformed for the better under Trump, while the Left has only become more blood thirsty and interventionist.

That coupled with their woke poison renders the modern Dems now even worse than the Cheney GOP of a generation ago.

Never thought that would be possible...

Forum List

Back