Trump. Abortions no longer a major issue and other related issues.

The only way it happens is if the entire country decides that they want to do it.

Do Republicans get a super majority if Democrats decide to stay home because they don’t like Kamala and the next Democratic nominee?

They won't go for a full ban, because they don't have the numbers even within their own party for it. They won't go for a partial ban because they lose the people who thinks it belongs with the States.
Right. You’re still pushing this retarded bullshit that Republicans would stand up against their own and defend abortion rights if they have a super majority. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

Do Republicans get a super majority if Democrats decide to stay home because they don’t like Kamala and the next Democratic nominee?

Right. You’re still pushing this retarded bullshit that Republicans would stand up against their own and defend abortion rights if they have a super majority. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

Why would they do that?

Unlike Dems, Republicans don't 95% vote in lockstep on issues like this.

Why would they do that?
Maybe they just don’t like Kamala. They didn’t like Hillary and didn’t show up for her. Maybe they’re not crazy about Kamala and Trump’s voters come out in full force.

Unlike Dems, Republicans don't 95% vote in lockstep on issues like this.
Uh huh. And on what basis should I believe you when you claim that Republicans would stand up against each other in favor of abortion rights?

Maybe they just don’t like Kamala. They didn’t like Hillary and didn’t show up for her. Maybe they’re not crazy about Kamala and Trump’s voters come out in full force.

Uh huh. And on what basis should I believe you when you claim that Republicans would stand up against each other in favor of abortion rights?

There is no way they would show up in that few numbers. It's impossible.

Reality?

There is no way they would show up in that few numbers. It's impossible.

Reality?
And if that did happen, then what?

Maybe Democrats feel disenfranchised by Kamala being selected for them. Maybe Democrats consider Kamala weak and not ready to lead. Maybe they don’t like her for flip-flopping on her race. Whatever. All the stupid crap you guys fling at her, let’s suppose it sticks. Democrats don’t care for her and Republicans show up in full force, and Republicans take a super majority.

Then what happens? You guys push for a national abortion ban.

And if that did happen, then what?

Maybe Democrats feel disenfranchised by Kamala being selected for them. Maybe Democrats consider Kamala weak and not ready to lead. Maybe they don’t like her for flip-flopping on her race. Whatever. All the stupid crap you guys fling at her, let’s suppose it sticks. Democrats don’t care for her and Republicans show up in full force, and Republicans take a super majority.

Then what happens? You guys push for a national abortion ban.

No. Some may, but it simply doesn't have the support. And by ban I assume you mean complete ban, right?

No. Some may, but it simply doesn't have the support. And by ban I assume you mean complete ban, right?
Uh huh. And on what basis should I believe you when you claim that Republicans would stand up against each to defend abortion rights?

Still no answer to this.

Uh huh. And on what basis should I believe you when you claim that Republicans would stand up against each to defend abortion rights?

Still no answer to this.

Because you have examples of plenty of Republicans being more for 10-15 week restrictions, AND being perfectly happy it's being left to the States?

Yeah. Scaremongering

Like when we said Republicans wouldn’t be happy till Roe as overturned

Overturning Roe for some was about abortion only, for people like me it was about fixing shit law.

It was as bad as Plessey and Chevron.

Because you have examples of plenty of Republicans being more for 10-15 week restrictions, AND being perfectly happy it's being left to the States?
And why should I be convinced that they would defend abortion against their fellow Republicans if they had the numbers to completely ban it?

How do you know they wouldn’t push those restrictions further if they could?

Still waiting.

Trump seems to understand that abortion is a losing issue for Republicans but he is wrong, it's going to be a big deal still.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4819080-trump-downplays-abortion-issue/

I argued the Republicans should have sided with Roberts. I believe he went with a 20 weeks ban which would have fit an updated RvW timeline. Viable.

Premature babies are now routinely viable at 22 weeks. 21 in some cases so 20 would have gave the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.wsj.com/health/healthcare/premature-babies-hospitals-pregnancy-fa1f091f

What we got is an increase in abortions.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/24/abortion-increase-roe-wade-state-ban

If Trump didn't want abortion to be a major issue in this years election he shouldn't have picked a guy that has made such creepy policy proposals over abortion.

JD Vance called for ‘federal response’ to block women from traveling for abortions
so an interesting piece of news yesterday,

Since Roe was overturned, there are more abortions. Come on demofks, you ain't trying hard enough to get all of em in.

Oh, and my wife read me a figure yesterday that they are killing new borns 10 to 15 days after birth!!!! wow. So Trump didn't lie.

"Born Alive Abortion Survivors Act"

Last edited:
And why should I be convinced that they would defend abortion against their fellow Republicans if they had the numbers to completely ban it?

How do you know they wouldn’t push those restrictions further if they could?

Still waiting.

Because if they got those numbers they would go the amendment route, and then would have to deal with the States.

And at that point, Abortion bans would have to be the overwhelming desire of a supermajority of the citizens.

What if Democrats don’t show up for Kamala because they don’t like her and Trump’s support is yuge?

Then is it possible they have the numbers?

No, because that won't happen. Places like NY IL, MA, CT and CA will still send a vast majority of Dem congresscritters.

There goes the supermajority right there.

No, because that won't happen. Places like NY IL, MA, CT and CA will still send a vast majority of Dem congresscritters.

There goes the supermajority right there.
And what if that does happen?

What if Democrats can’t stand Kamala and Trump wins in a landslide, giving Republicans a super majority?

And what if that does happen?

What if Democrats can’t stand Kamala and Trump wins in a landslide, giving Republicans a super majority?

It won't happen. And again, Republicans aren't the monolith on this issue Dems are. You would at worst probably get a 10-15 week limit on birth control abortions, and I even doubt that.

NY and CA would vote in Republicans that wouldn't want a full ban.

Forum List

Back