• Abolish ICE vehicles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abolish use of natural gas and fossil fuels for heating

• Require heat pumps rather than conventional heating and a/c

• Total voters
The cause of the Little Ice Age is not known for certain

The seasons do not have a period of ~150,000 years. And a 32-year old article in the NY Times is about as long a stretch as you could make. PS, I don't have a subscription to the NY Times so couldn't read one word of your link.

1722948166126.png

Why do YOU think you're having such a difficult time finding any real science supporting your contentions?

Last edited:
Find us a peer reviewed study or article that states this.
"...In the global climate models (GCMs) most of the warming that has taken place since 1950 is attributed to human activity. Historically, however, there have been large climatic variations.Temperature reconstructions indicate that there is a ‘warming’ trend that seems to have been going on for as long as approximately 400 years. Prior to the last 250 years or so, such a trend could only be due to natural causes..."

https://www.ssb.no/en/natur-og-milj...594b9225f9d7dc458b0b70a646baec3339/DP1007.pdf

So the fuck what? It's littered with extinct species. Are they responsible? It's littered with meterorite impacts. Is that what has caused this? It's littered with mass extinctions. Is this another mass extinction?
The relevance is you assume all warming is from CO2 when the geologic record shows natural warming and cooling trends occur all the time.

A reasonable estimate for the total internal heat of the Earth is QE∼2×1031JQE∼2×1031J (see below).

The value most often found online, however, is "12.6×1024MJ12.6×1024MJ" (=1.26×1031J1.26×1031J). This can be traced back to the estimate of 3×1027kgcal3×1027kgcal given in Chapter 4 of Armstead's 1983 text on Geothermal Energy. (Given that the precision of the source is only 1 significant figure ("3"), the value would be better reported as ∼1.3×1031J∼1.3×1031J or ∼1×1031J∼1×1031J.)

OMG, you think that's a link that justifies your statement in a discussion about climate? You're a moron.

The seasons do not have a period of ~150,000 years. And a 32-year old article in the NY Times is about as long a stretch as you could make. PS, I don't have a subscription to the NY Times so couldn't read one word of your link. Your article predates the first Pentium CPU.

View attachment 990887

Why do YOU think you're having such a difficult time finding any real science supporting your contentions?
Changes in path occur when density differences become great enough. If you want to pretend they don't occur periodically, be my guest. It just shows how dishonest you are as your graph looks very periodic to me as well as this one too.

glacial mininum and interglacial maximum.jpg

Changes in path occur when density differences become great enough. If you want to pretend they don't occur periodically, be my guest. It just shows how dishonest you are as your graph looks very periodic to me as well as this one too.

View attachment 990888
The glacial-interglacial cycles ARE periodic, just like the Milankovitch cycles. What you have NOT demonstrated is ANY reason that ocean currents should change periodically EXCEPT as they are driven to change by the glacial-interglacial cycle. As I have told you a half dozen times now, you have the cart before the horse.

The glacial-interglacial cycles ARE periodic, just like the Milankovitch cycles. What you have NOT demonstrated is ANY reason that ocean currents should change periodically EXCEPT as they are driven to change by the glacial-interglacial cycle. As I have told you a half dozen times now, you have the cart before the horse.
Ocean currents can explain the northern hemisphere glaciating, the northern hemisphere deglaciating, warming trends within glacial periods and cooling trends within interglacial periods.

Orbital cycles can't.

Last edited:
How do orbital cycles cause the NH to deglaciate?

How do orbital cycles cause cooling trends within interglacial periods?

How did orbital cycles cause D-O events in the last glacial period?

Ocean currents can explain the northern hemisphere glaciating, the northern hemisphere deglaciating, warming trends within glacial periods and cooling trends within interglacial periods.

Orbital cycles can't.
The seven different links I provided say they can and do. And that would be versus the ZERO links you have provided supporting your claims.

The seven different links I provided say they can and do. And that would be versus the ZERO links you have provided supporting your claims.
No. They don’t. You are lying.

Which is why you can’t explain anything.

No. They don’t. You are lying.

Which is why you can’t explain anything.
I can explain all of it. I simply choose not to do so because it would be another waste of my time and I tire of doing your bidding which seems to be your primary motivation here. You will simply ignore it as you have ignored all the other evidence that you have been presented with. I invite you and ANY other reader to go to Google or the search engine of your choice and simply ask "What causea the glacial-interglacial cycle?" EVERY response you see will give credit to Milankovitch orbital forcing. NONE will say ANYTHING remotely supporting your claims. Is that fucking clear enough for you?

I can explain all of it. I simply choose not to do so because it would be another waste of my time and I tire of doing your bidding which seems to be your primary motivation here. You will simply ignore it as you have ignored all the other evidence that you have been presented with. I invite you and ANY other reader to go to Google or the search engine of your choice and simply ask "What causea the glacial-interglacial cycle?" EVERY response you see will give credit to Milankovitch orbital forcing. NONE will say ANYTHING remotely supporting your claims. Is that fucking clear enough for you?
You are lying. You've never explained it because there is no explanation because it doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back