Zone1 Is Your Body a Temple or a Graveyard?

I was in a Sabbath keeping church as well. By the end of the day I was exhausted as were many others, especially families with children. The Sabbath is a day of rest (which I keep regularly). Sunday is a great day for church and associated activities. You're well rested, wide awake and ready to receive God's word. Meeting on Sunday doesn't dishonor the Sabbath, it allows the fulfillment of its true meaning
I know you were. You've abandoned "the faith once delivered to the saints "

If you found the Sabbath a burden, you need to examine yourself. You e conformed to the world's version of Christianity.

I know you were. You've abandoned "the faith once delivered to the saints "

If you found the Sabbath a burden, you need to examine yourself. You e conformed to the world's version of Christianity.
The Sabbath is a day of rest, the whole day. We don't have the luxury of a 'preparation day' as did the early church. Most work on Friday. There is nothing in the commandment that requires a church service on the Sabbath. Recall that Jesus was going to fulfill the law through the new covenant, which includes the Sabbath. If the law was already "filled" he wouldn't have said that.

Choose your own pastors. Pick a dozen from different denominations, including Catholic scholars. Report back.

I was in a Sabbath keeping church as well. By the end of the day I was exhausted as were many others, especially families with children. The Sabbath is a day of rest (which I keep regularly). Sunday is a great day for church and associated activities. You're well rested, wide awake and ready to receive God's word. Meeting on Sunday doesn't dishonor the Sabbath, it allows the fulfillment of its true meaning.

I refuted Buttercup's argument with a single scripture from the NT. Here's the full discourse, written by a man inspired by God. This is the last Biblical word on the subject. Have your favorite pastor explain it to you.

Romans 14​

King James Version​

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I'm sorry, but your interpretation of that passage is simply wrong, in addition to being shallow and spiritually misguided...for lack of a better phrase.

But I'm not even going to go through it again, because we've been through this before, and I know how you operate... you'll leapfrog from one scripture that you think is a "gotcha" to the next, never addressing anything that is said to you. I definitely don't have the time or desire to chase the balls around that you always throw out.

I do want to say one thing though, there's a verse in that chapter that you always ignore and it seems you've never actually given it any thought. I'm talking about verse 21, and I'll explain why.

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Here is the thing. You ARE causing people to stumble with your callous disregard for animals. I know for a fact that there are many non-Christian vegetarians or vegans who otherwise would be open to Christianity, but when they see how callous most Christians are toward animals, and they see the false interpretations like the ones you always put forth, they wrongly assume that our God is NOT a God of love and mercy, but a God who doesn't care about the animals He created. Nothing could be further from the truth.

So whether you realize it or not, you are doing exactly what that verse warns against.

To put it in different words, your callousness toward animals due to wanting to satisfy your own desires damages your witness.

And that is something I think it's safe to say God isn't happy about. We're supposed to be leading people TO (not away) from Christ.... How? Through our love, mercy, selflessness and being different than the rest of the world...not like everyone else.

Toss out the bad, save the good. Buttercup would destroy the whole animal ag industry rather than fix it by making it more humane.
It's going to end. As a former Christian you should still understand this. It will happen with or without your approval. It's best to be on GODS SIDE. In the end, God wins

^ Says the person who not only has zero mercy and love (which are commanded by God) but actually mocks the suffering, cruelty and exploitation.

Modern day animal ag is about as opposite of the fruit of the Spirit as it gets. And if you don't believe that, you are either blissfully unaware of how horrible it actually is, or you just don't care, because you're thinking with your belly.
I do enjoy meat.

I'm sorry, but your interpretation of that passage is simply wrong, in addition to being shallow and spiritually misguided...for lack of a better phrase.

But I'm not even going to go through it again, because we've been through this before, and I know how you operate... you'll leapfrog from one scripture that you think is a "gotcha" to the next, never addressing anything that is said to you. I definitely don't have the time or desire to chase the balls around that you always throw out.

I do want to say one thing though, there's a verse in that chapter that you always ignore and it seems you've never actually given it any thought. I'm talking about verse 21, and I'll explain why.

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Here is the thing. You ARE causing people to stumble with your callous disregard for animals. I know for a fact that there are many non-Christian vegetarians or vegans who otherwise would be open to Christianity, but when they see how callous most Christians are toward animals, and they see the false interpretations like the ones you always put forth, they wrongly assume that our God is NOT a God of love and mercy, but a God who doesn't care about the animals He created. Nothing could be further from the truth.

So whether you realize it or not, you are doing exactly what that verse warns against.

To put it in different words, your callousness toward animals due to wanting to satisfy your own desires damages your witness.

And that is something I think it's safe to say God isn't happy about. We're supposed to be leading people TO (not away) from Christ.... How? Through our love, mercy, selflessness and being different than the rest of the world...not like everyone else.
Neither you nor Buttercup are offended that I eat meat. You come here to troll your veganism. You're like a reformed drunk that goes from tavern to tavern preaching abstinence from alcohol.

I do enjoy meat.

I know. I used to be that way too. I've said this before but I'll say it again. Many years ago, I specifically remember saying "I could NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." (because I was an avid meat-eater like you)

But here I am, lol. But for me it's about more than just diet. It's about being an advocate for animals, from a biblical perspective.

Neither you nor Buttercup are offended that I eat meat. You come here to troll your veganism. You're like a reformed drunk that goes from tavern to tavern preaching abstinence from alcohol.

I wasn't talking about me (or Carl) Re-read the post! You missed the point entirely.

I know. I used to be that way too. I've said this before but I'll say it again. Many years ago, I specifically remember saying "I could NEVER be a vegan or vegetarian." (because I was an avid meat-eater like you)

But here I am, lol. But for me it's about more than just diet. It's about being an advocate for animals, from a biblical perspective.
I'm not an 'avid' meat eater. I eat very little meat, but what I do eat I enjoy very much.

Paraphrasing Jesus,

"If my kingdom were from hence, then would my servants be vegans, but my kingdom is not from hence." Jesus will straighten this out when he returns, until then I have his permission to eat meat.

I just copied and pasted it, it's self-explanatory.

Nope, you are wrong. Hint: It has to do with people not wanting to eat food that may have been offered to idols.

It has NOTHING to do with people who choose MERCY for those at our mercy, which is exactly what God commanded and wants from us!

I'm not an 'avid' meat eater. I eat very little meat, but what I do eat I enjoy very much.

Paraphrasing Jesus,

"If my kingdom were from hence, then would my servants be vegans, but my kingdom is not from hence." Jesus will straighten this out when he returns, until then I have his permission to eat meat.

He wants us to live with a Kingdom mindset, on earth as it is in Heaven.

An eternal perspective.

Not with our minds set on the temporary things of this fallen world.

Nope, you are wrong. Hint: It has to do with people not wanting to eat food that may have been offered to idols.

It has NOTHING to do with people who choose MERCY for those at our mercy, which is exactly what God commanded and wants from us!
It has to do with people who are weak in the faith being offended by an action of others. In this discourse the subject is eating meat offered to idols but I'm certain there were other 'offensive' behaviors in the early church as well. The question is what the offence was exactly. Likely it wasn't eating meat per se, but eating meat offered to idols. To that point I don't think that is a problem today, so you needn't be concerned.

My staples are bread, milk, eggs, fruits and nuts, and some vegetables. Chicken is my main meat which I have about once a week. I rarely eat red meat, it's and vegetables fish only occasionally.
Peter ate bread and olives and some vegetables occasionally.

Matthew ate nuts, seeds and fruit and vegetables

You might want to think about WHY

There's significant evidence that the original Jesus Movement and well-known apostles were vegetarians. And furthermore, this vegetarianism of the disciples and Jesus Movement is fairly widely known in antiquity, mentioned by historians, scriptures, and early church fathers. Today we explore the teachings of Jesus's brother James the Just and the original Aramaic-speaking Christians of Jerusalem: Christianity-Before-Paul.

James, the brother (technically a cousin) of the Lord, succeeded to the government of the Church in conjunction with the apostles. He was holy from his mother’s womb; and he drank no wine nor strong drink, nor did he eat flesh.”

Forum List

Back