Ashli Babbitt $30 million wrongful death suit

The fact that this broad may have been in violation of the law doesn't mean she can't sue.

George Floyd was passing counterfeit money, yet was still compensated. The precedent is there.
George Floyd was handcuffed and under control of three officers

Ashli Babbit was leading a mob assaulting Congress

Outside. The students were not
threatening. A rightwing agent provocateur in the crowd fired a starter pistol. The inexperienced 2LT ordered the platoon about face and to fire.

Not equivalent, skippy, to J6.
This just proves once again that the Radical Left has no integrity.
All that the Radical really ever has is hate and lies.

A federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to “answer” charges in a $30 million wrongful death suit on behalf of Ashli Babbitt, the 35-year-old Trump supporter shot dead as she entered a lobby just off the House floor during the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

In a sign that the case filed by Babbitt’s estate and Washington-based Judicial Watch has been greenlighted, U.S. District Court Judge Ana C. Reyes gave the government a month to address four of the seven counts in the lawsuit.

Those four include the “wrongful” death count as well as negligence and assault and battery claims against then-U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd.

The judge also said she would listen to further pleas from Judicial Watch to have the trial heard in San Diego, home to Babbitt’s husband. A court there sent the case to Washington, where most of the Jan. 6 cases have been heard.

“Ashli Babbitt’s family is thrilled the $30 million wrongful death lawsuit for her outrageous killing is moving full speed ahead,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

A federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to “answer” charges in a $30 million wrongful death suit on behalf of Ashli Babbitt, the 35-year-old Trump supporter shot dead as she entered a lobby just off the House floor during the Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

In a sign that the case filed by Babbitt’s estate and Washington-based Judicial Watch has been greenlighted, U.S. District Court Judge Ana C. Reyes gave the government a month to address four of the seven counts in the lawsuit.

Those four include the “wrongful” death count as well as negligence and assault and battery claims against then-U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd.

The judge also said she would listen to further pleas from Judicial Watch to have the trial heard in San Diego, home to Babbitt’s husband. A court there sent the case to Washington, where most of the Jan. 6 cases have been heard.

“Ashli Babbitt’s family is thrilled the $30 million wrongful death lawsuit for her outrageous killing is moving full speed ahead,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.
Babbit's family has a right to sue, and most likely it will be dismissed.

The officer felt threatened when unarmed Babbit did not heed the commands so the officer shot her.

Don’t you think this is what happened when an unarmed Black person did the same thing and got shot? The Left burned down cities and called for defunding of the police. In the case of Babbit, they cheered the police for shooing an unarmed rioter for not obeying commands and threatening an officer. Go figure.
Fallacy of false equivalency.

I'm assuming a federal judge must first rule Babbit had a legal right to be where she was, and that teh police officer's conduct was unreasonable in light of what he knew when he knew it.

If so, I think maga will scream like a fat pig

All it will do is air the dirty laundry of Ashlis behavior that day, how she ignored instructions she was given to stop and the dangers created by the mob she was leading

I'm assuming a federal judge must first rule Babbit had a legal right to be where she was, and that teh police officer's conduct was unreasonable in light of what he knew when he knew it.

If so, I think maga will scream like a fat pig
OK
there you have it
the Democrats are OK with shooting protesters

All it will do is air the dirty laundry of Ashlis behavior that day, how she ignored instructions she was given to stop and the dangers created by the mob she was leading
A lot of assumptions on my part, and I haven't had any part in this kind of case in decades, but I'm assuming the police officer told her "get off that window and face down on the floor." Before he shot her.

but that was a horrible day for the capitol police. I used to have to be in DC on work and joined that with family vacations and tours, and imo the capitol police were national treasures. They were there to protect us, but I've seen them giving tourist directions. Trump killed that.

And I never got good feelings from fbi or dea types.

Forum List

Back