The Dow takes a dump....Down -900+ On Jobs report

So you’re saying that commercial foreclosures are on the rise, meaning that companies are struggling

No, that is not what it means.

What it means is that many commercial buildings are sitting empty as companies have found out they can save millions by having remote workers and not paying all that money for renting a space.

Also….that chart….looks like companies were doing well under Trump, and beginning with Biden, they started to fail. Just saying.

Hmmm...2020....seems something happened that year...what was it....????

Also….that chart….looks like companies were doing well under Trump, and beginning with Biden, they started to fail. Just saying.
Some is due to regulation and leases.
During the pandemic nobody's offices were staffed at the office but the leases for the commercial space got paid anyway.
Now a lot of commercial space, (catering companies, coffee suppliers and etc) the leases are expiring and not being renewed.
Triple nickel leases are the most common. (5 year, 5 year renewal option, rate increases every 5)

As these leases are ending Without being renewed in droves....the building owners (real estate investment trusts AKA REITs) cannot pay the bonds for the buildings (commercial paper) so the lending institutions are foreclosing on the now empty buildings.

I know for some reason in middle TN there were a LOT of leases that were auto renewed at 2020 before the quarantines. (I was shopping in 2022 for retail and light industrial space myself).
A lot of these were sitting empty with no tenant....and the rent was still getting paid.
Now that the leases are ending....not getting paid without new tenants.

What, more projection from a leftist?....Color me not surprised....The Biden/Harris economy is the one shitting the bed today, not a trump economy.

LOL....Remind me never to look to you for economic advice. :laughing0301:
Sorry to inform you that the market recovered, sucks to be you.

And it continued to get worse during Biden’s term. We should have has a MASSIVE recovery, but the Dems’ hatred for businesses kept that at bay.

You need to get out of your basement a little more often, the country had a massive recovery, in fact it was too good so The Fed had to put the breaks on it to keep it from overheating.

For the past two years The Fed has been attempting to slow the economy and when it is finally successful you all blame the Dems.

You need to get out of your basement a little more often, the country had a massive recovery, in fact it was too good so The Fed had to put the breaks on it to keep it from overheating.

For the past two years The Fed has been attempting to slow the economy and when it is finally successful you all blame the Dems.
Not exactly...
The unrestricted liquidity that the FED pumped caused double digit inflation bordering on hyper inflation....which is why they reversed and began trying to tighten the money supply to stop hyper inflation.

There has been no recovery....just a bunch of fat cats getting richer. We have been and are in a recession.

Not exactly...
The unrestricted liquidity that the FED pumped caused double digit inflation bordering on hyper inflation....which is why they reversed and began trying to tighten the money supply to stop hyper inflation.

There has been no recovery....just a bunch of fat cats getting richer. We have been and are in a recession.
Didn’t help that Biden pushed through $3T in unnecessary spending.

Not exactly...

Sorry that you are sucking so much at life, trust me things are great out here and I am far from a rich fat cat...though I do have a fat cat 🐱

Didn’t help that Biden pushed through $3T in unnecessary spending.
That's exactly the only thing causing GDP currently. The retail consumer has been the one holding up the economy with Biden giving illegals money. (I'm actually in favor of school loan forgiveness as it helps working people)
Otherwise there has been a major recession ongoing when excess government spending is removed.

Now that the government spending is slowing from no more money exists in the world to borrow....we gotta take the lumps. The consumers have reached their credit limits and while working two jobs just to make ends meet.

This is gonna be a bad crash of the economy that is going to require time to fix.

Indexes end with strong gains, rebounding from global ...

View attachment 992020
Reuters
https://www.reuters.com › markets › futures-recover-po...

2 days ago — The S&P 500 and Nasdaq ended 1% higher on Tuesday as investors jumped back into the market a day after a dramatic sell-off, with recent ...
The S&P is less than 1% away from the 200 day moving average. We dip below and it's full blown recession time.
The S&P has been propped up by just a few big tech companies. Otherwise it's red across the board. No green to be found....been this way all year after the previous year being flat.

The S&P is less than 1% away from the 200 day moving average. We dip below and it's full blown recession time.
The S&P has been propped up by just a few big tech companies. Otherwise it's red across the board. No green to be found....been this way all year after the previous year being flat.

You are not even a very good liar, you need to work on that.

1723120523420.png

That's exactly the only thing causing GDP currently. The retail consumer has been the one holding up the economy with Biden giving illegals money. (I'm actually in favor of school loan forgiveness as it helps working people)
Otherwise there has been a major recession ongoing when excess government spending is removed.

Now that the government spending is slowing from no more money exists in the world to borrow....we gotta take the lumps. The consumers have reached their credit limits and while working two jobs just to make ends meet.

This is gonna be a bad crash of the economy that is going to require time to fix.
This is why I bought an annuity that, together with my SS payments, cover all my living expenses. I will not have to sell stocks at their low to raise cash.

Beyond that, I have about 20% in cash - way too high for me normally - as I want to be in a position to buy the bargains. That’s what I did after 2008/2009, and I made so much in the recovery that I retired early.

This is why I bought an annuity that, together with my SS payments, cover all my living expenses. I will not have to sell stocks at their low to raise cash.

Will it cover your living expenses in 10 years with inflation adding to them?

Forum List

Back