Election 'misinformation': NY AG Letitia James asks social media sites to protect voters from 'misuse'

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1723732566054.png

New York state's Attorney General Letitia James is asking social media companies to clamp down on alleged misinformation after asserting that barriers to prevent "bad actors" have weakened.

James reportedly sent letters to at least 10 tech companies such as Google, Meta, and OpenAI, whose predominant investor is Microsoft.

The attorney general reportedly attempted to warn the companies about deceptive content related to the presidential election using artificial intelligence.

"While misinformation has been a concern in past elections on social media, like the Russian disinformation about Hunter Biden's laptop that was censored by Twitter, we still need to be concerned with Elon Musk...........er...........I mean...........other social media outlets allowing similar misinformation before this election." exclaimed Letitia James. "We tried to contact the Biden administration about our concerns, but no one answers the phone. We even drove by one night and all the lights are off. I sure hope Joe is Ok."

View attachment 996100

New York state's Attorney General Letitia James is asking social media companies to clamp down on alleged misinformation after asserting that barriers to prevent "bad actors" have weakened.

James reportedly sent letters to at least 10 tech companies such as Google, Meta, and OpenAI, whose predominant investor is Microsoft.

The attorney general reportedly attempted to warn the companies about deceptive content related to the presidential election using artificial intelligence.

"While misinformation has been a concern in past elections on social media, like the Russian disinformation about Hunter Biden's laptop that was censored by Twitter, we still need to be concerned with Elon Musk...........er...........I mean...........other social media outlets allowing similar misinformation before this election." exclaimed Letitia James. "We tried to contact the Biden administration about our concerns, but no one answers the phone. We even drove by one night and all the lights are off. I sure hope Joe is Ok."
Who determines what information is "misinformation"?

Forum List

Back