Electric car markets surge. Setting new record in 2021.

Amazing how throwing scores of billions in subsidies at something makes their sales "surge", innit?
Rich white liberals willing to plunk down $90,000+ for a little tin can shitbox just to assuage climate guilt in front of all their rich white friends are coming out of the woodwork, the question is, once those sales are all gone, what will the other 90% of the people buy?

• Banned
Rich white liberals willing to plunk down $90,000+ for a little tin can shitbox just to assuage climate guilt in front of all their rich white friends are coming out of the woodwork, the question is, once those sales are all gone, what will the other 90% of the people buy?
No it's actually more cost effective. Especially with gas prices going up.

Hey, I'm cool with rich guys buying Teslas, fine by me. But until the cost comes down I don't think mainstream America is going to move away from ICE vehicles, especially in times like this. Especially out in the sticks and up north in cold country.

FWIW, I think we're going to need a comprehensive energy plan in this country that includes all kinds of cars and trucks that is based on common sense and sound fiscal policy. Right now, EVs might make sense for some people in urban areas and that's fine but we're going to have to upgrade our power grid to recharge all those future EVs.

Forum List

Back