Trump's top black campaign surrogate says blacks were better off under Jim Crow

Do you agree with trump that blacks were better off under Jim Crow?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who was described in March by CNN as trump's most trusted advisor, and on the short VP list is out making sure that black voters clearly understand trump's attitude toward black voters. Mr Donalds said at an event that blacks were better off under Jim Crow. A quick unscientific survey of every black person I asked, seemed to disagree with Donald's remark. Whether blacks think they were better off of not doesn't really matter because trump's surrogate has made it clear what he thinks of the situation. Check the survey whether you agree with trump or not.
Rep. Byron Donald is clearly insane – as are Trump and his supporters.

And of course the hateful, ignorant racist right comes to their defense.

Now stop lying.

Sorry child it's you and hackeem that are lying. And kudos for that site playing Donalds comments in context. He was clearly referring to two parent households, and how more blacks are now getting married and raising their children together, nothing else.

"Blacks were better off under Jim Crow!," howls black man elected to Congress from Florida.
Looks like the mods saved your lying ass, cause I can't find that other thread anymore.

They buried it somewhere, like they frequently do with interesting threads. Not that they're biased or anything. :rolleyes:

Rep. Byron Donald is clearly insane – as are Trump and his supporters.

And of course the hateful, ignorant racist right comes to their defense.
Yes Donalds is retarded. But as long as he gets money, he don't care.

Sorry child it's you and hackeem that are lying. And kudos for that site playing Donalds comments in context. He was clearly referring to two parent households, and how more blacks are now getting married and raising their children together, nothing else.

You are wrong. You ignore Donalds comments because he says what you want to hear.

Stop celebrating the 4th of July or end the excuse making. Your family benefitted from the policies and that affected you. You are an American and you have ownership in the history of this country.

My family came up as very poor share croppers. My paternal grandfather died when my dad was 12, at 13 he left school to work in a saw mill to help support his family. 3 of his eight siblings were entrepreneurs and died multimillionaires. They all pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. My mom was born on the side of a cotton field where my grandmother was picking cotton. My mom's nickname was huckleberry baby, because she was born between the cotton field and a huckleberry patch. My family prospered because of determination and hard work, they got no government handouts. So don't give me that shit of how my family benefited from any fucking policies.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Of course we see why Donalds wants to be part of the Trump administration.

In 1997, Donalds was charged with marijuana possession, but the charges were dropped as part of a pre-trial diversion program, and he was fined $150 (equivalent to $280 in 2023). In 2000, he pleaded no contest to a felony theft charge for allegedly attempting to defraud a bank (by depositing a bad check), but his record was later sealed and expunged. According to an attorney consulted by the fact-checking site PolitiFact, "Donalds would not have been able to get his record expunged if the state considered him a convicted felon."

You are wrong. You ignore Donalds comments because he says what you want to hear.

No he told the fucking truth and you could hear an elderly black gentleman agreeing with him off camera. You can propagandize and lie all you want, that won't alter reality. I wonder why not one single person addressed my question if my first post in this thread. Are you all too fucking ignorant?

My family came up as very poor share croppers. My paternal grandfather died when my dad was 12, at 13 he left school to work in a saw mill to help support his family. 3 of his eight siblings were entrepreneurs and died multimillionaires. They all pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. My mom was born on the side of a cotton field where my grandmother was picking cotton. My mom's nickname was huckleberry baby, because she was born between the cotton field and a huckleberry patch. My family prospered because of determination and hard work, they got no government handouts. So don't give me that shit of how my family benefited from any fucking policies.

How much debt did they owe the company store?

You can stop lying. You don't know what your parents got or did not get. The fact is that depending on the years, your familiy benefitted just from being white in America. Your dad probably worked at a sawmill that didn't hire blacks. 3 siblings were entrepreneurs, how did they get the money to start?

Your story is the same tale told by every racist. But the facts of what government spent and the policies they created that excluded backs tell a different story. And if your parents did not take advantage of those policies that blacks were excluded from, that is their fault because blacks didn't even have the chance.

No he told the fucking truth and you could hear an elderly black gentleman agreeing with him off camera. You can propagandize and lie all you want, that won't alter reality. I wonder why not one single person addressed my question if my first post in this thread. Are you all too fucking ignorant?

Look white boy, I was alive during Jim Crow and Donalds was not. I say he is wrong because he is. I don't care what you heard in the background, whoever that was had to be stupid. Your question was addressed. I showed facts about how things were for blacks during Jim Crow. What Donald said is contradicted by reality.

Rep. Byron Donalds, R-Fla., who was described in March by CNN as trump's most trusted advisor, and on the short VP list is out making sure that black voters clearly understand trump's attitude toward black voters. Mr Donalds said at an event that blacks were better off under Jim Crow. A quick unscientific survey of every black person I asked, seemed to disagree with Donald's remark. Whether blacks think they were better off of not doesn't really matter because trump's surrogate has made it clear what he thinks of the situation. Check the survey whether you agree with trump or not.
"You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together,"

Nuff said!!!

Greg

Look white boy, I was alive during Jim Crow and Donalds was not. I say he is wrong because he is. I don't care what you heard in the background, whoever that was had to be stupid. Your question was addressed. I showed facts about how things were for blacks during Jim Crow. What Donald said is contradicted by reality.
"You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together,"

True as, Bru. But it IS true that today there is a load of negatives Blacks didn't have then. I want TODAY to be improved.

Greg

How much debt did they owe the company store?

You can stop lying. You don't know what your parents got or did not get. The fact is that depending on the years, your familiy benefitted just from being white in America. Your dad probably worked at a sawmill that didn't hire blacks. 3 siblings were entrepreneurs, how did they get the money to start?

Your story is the same tale told by every racist. But the facts of what government spent and the policies they created that excluded backs tell a different story. And if your parents did not take advantage of those policies that blacks were excluded from, that is their fault because blacks didn't even have the chance.

There was no company store asshole.

One uncle bought old cars, fixed them up a little and flipped them. Eventually he got his own used car lot. He worked at that for years and was able to get a new car franchise in my home town. He worked that into 3 new car franchises in SW MO. He did it all debt free, every car he sold, he owned. Most dealerships get bridge financing from banks and have to pay the bank interest till the car sells.

One of my dads sisters bought fixer upper houses and rented them out, mostly to section 8 folks. She did all of the renovations and maintenance herself to save money. She eventually had somewhere around 50 properties. She also gave her renters the opportunity to purchase the houses and offered owner financing.

And honestly I'm not sure how the third made his money. His wife controlled him and thought they were better than the rest of us. The only time I remember seeing him was at my grandmothers funeral. And they didn't stay long even for that.

All the rest of my dad and mom's families led lower middle class lives.

My parents had one new car their entire lives and were only able to buy it because my uncle gave it to them at cost.

Okay, I've given you a brief on my family history, now it's your turn.

Forum List

Back