A Black Republican Tells Byron Donalds To Shut Up

The former chair of the Republican party had some words for Byron Donalds. Now nortice the Michael Steele will not be called an Uncle Tom or Sellout. And he is a black Republican. The narrative about blacks from the right is a false one and just like Steele tells Donald to shut up, the same goes for right wing whites who seem to think that blacks must agree with blacks who are so stupid as to utter the words Donald did.

Former RNC Chair Blasts Byron Donalds' Jim Crow Remarks: 'Stop This Crap'​

Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), blasted Representative Byron Donalds, a Florida Republican, on MSNBC's The Weekend on Sunday for his previous Jim Crow remarks, telling him to "stop this crap."

Donalds spoke about the Jim Crow-era, a period of racial segregation following the Civil War that continued until the late 1960s, while at a campaign rally for former President Donald Trump in Philadelphia on Tuesday, which was aimed at engaging Black people to vote for the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

After showing a clip of this fiery exchange on The Weekend on Sunday morning, Steele, who is a co-host on the program, said, "You don't double down on Jim Crow, bro. You just don't. You can't convince Black people or anybody else that we were better off in a segregated society where your behind wouldn't have even been allowed in Congress and certainly would have had questions about who you socialize with."

Steele went into an anecdote from when he was growing up in Washington, D.C., while it was still segregated: "My mama couldn't take me to certain parks in D.C. because of Jim Crow. And yet, I sit where I sit now despite that."

He continued: "I'm not going to forget that though and I'm not going to try to romanticize it and pretend that somehow my mama and I were better off when she couldn't take me to that park. So just stop it. And especially Black Republicans, stop this crap, let's be honest about it."

Where do you find this shit? What white man shit in your Cheerios?

Where do you find this shit? What white man shit in your Cheerios?
The same places your punk ass finds to run your mouth off about blacks.

The fact is that Donalds is wrong and he never should have opened his mouth to say what he said. Donalds has a degree in marketing, not sociology and he should have shut up and studied before he opened up his mouth.

The real question here seems to be why someone is spending a lot of time and effort to attack Donalds, who are they trying to convince? The same folks who demand Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity reject diversity of thought and promote a failed racial hivemind. How is that helpful. It is as though the real goal is to keep folks exactly where they are, not to benefit them or advance them at all.

The real question here seems to be why someone is spending a lot of time and effort to attack Donalds, who are they trying to convince? The same folks who demand Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity reject diversity of thought and promote a failed racial hivemind. How is that helpful. It is as though the real goal is to keep folks exactly where they are, not to benefit them or advance them at all.
You reject diversity of thought. Why do white conservatives try telling blacks we need to accept beliefs that are contrary to our best interests all whle declaring how liberals are demonic and unamerican? That is called not accepting diversity of thought but in usual fashion right wingers they they are above everybody else.

Donalds is attacked because he is WRONG. And what's worse is his comments feeds into the white racism I see expressed here that says America was a better place during Jim Crow and that "we didn't have this black problem" back then.

You reject diversity of thought. Why do white conservatives try telling blacks we need to accept beliefs that are contrary to our best interests all whle declaring how liberals are demonic and unamerican? That is called not accepting diversity of thought but in usual fashion right wingers they they are above everybody else.

Donalds is attacked because he is WRONG. And what's worse is his comments feeds into the white racism I see expressed here that says America was a better place during Jim Crow and that "we didn't have this black problem" back then.
You are a ridiculous clown. Who are you determine every black person's interests? You are nobody. You have no interest in helping blacks only forcing them into a hivemind mentality, defining everything the can and can't do, and chaining them to a system that has not netted positive results in decades.

You claim Donalds is wrong, again, who are you to make such claims? Why are others not given the freedom to hear both sides and choose for themselves? Whiny victimhhod is not a successful path forward.

You are a ridiculous clown. Who are you determine every black person's interests? You are nobody. You have no interest in helping blacks only forcing them into a hivemind mentality, defining everything the can and can't do, and chaining them to a system that has not netted positive results in decades.

You claim Donalds is wrong, again, who are you to make such claims? Why are others not given the freedom to hear both sides and choose for themselves? Whiny victimhhod is not a successful path forward.
Don't even try this tactic. You're here talking about all blacks, and how we don't ike diversity of thought. Who the hell are you to say ANYTHING about blacks? Byron Donalds made an idiotic comment and that comment does great harm to the black community. You being white and in agreement with that lie wil defend Donalds, but there nothing that than can be said that is positive about Jim Crow. Period.

You ask who I am to make such claim. I am a man born during Jim Crow with more education than Byron Donalds. Unlike Donalds, I saw the Civil Rights Movement live, not on video tape or You tube. The question is: Who is Byron Donalds? He is a man who studied marketing and worked worked in a bank, while I graduated in sociology and worked in the community. I was out working in the community when his ass was drinking similac. That's who I am. Donalds was elected out of a mostly white district

I said Donalds was wrong because his black ass WAS wrong. Hive mind my ass, we should reject all clowns who say the things he and other rIght wing blacks say. You and others like you diss white liberals all day, every day. So when you talk about somebody wanting a hive mind, it's you.

So understand this and never forget it, there is plenty of diversity of thought in the black community, but we do not have to tolerate idiotic comments from people that are totally inaccurate just because the person is black. You don't do it when whites make dumb inaccurate comments so just shut your ass when we chastise blacks who say stupid ---- like what Byron Donalds said.

Last edited:
The former chair of the Republican party had some words for Byron Donalds. Now nortice the Michael Steele will not be called an Uncle Tom or Sellout. And he is a black Republican. The narrative about blacks from the right is a false one and just like Steele tells Donald to shut up, the same goes for right wing whites who seem to think that blacks must agree with blacks who are so stupid as to utter the words Donald did.

Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), blasted Representative Byron Donalds, a Florida Republican, on MSNBC's The Weekend on Sunday for his previous Jim Crow remarks, telling him to "stop this crap."

Donalds spoke about the Jim Crow-era, a period of racial segregation following the Civil War that continued until the late 1960s, while at a campaign rally for former President Donald Trump in Philadelphia on Tuesday, which was aimed at engaging Black people to vote for the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

After showing a clip of this fiery exchange on The Weekend on Sunday morning, Steele, who is a co-host on the program, said, "You don't double down on Jim Crow, bro. You just don't. You can't convince Black people or anybody else that we were better off in a segregated society where your behind wouldn't have even been allowed in Congress and certainly would have had questions about who you socialize with."

Steele went into an anecdote from when he was growing up in Washington, D.C., while it was still segregated: "My mama couldn't take me to certain parks in D.C. because of Jim Crow. And yet, I sit where I sit now despite that."

He continued: "I'm not going to forget that though and I'm not going to try to romanticize it and pretend that somehow my mama and I were better off when she couldn't take me to that park. So just stop it. And especially Black Republicans, stop this crap, let's be honest about it."

Steele sold out Republicans long ago.

Steele sold out Republicans long ago.
You get a paycheck at MSNBC for parroting the progressive agenda. You get on the channel as a "Republican" if you're willing to criticize the right. Michael Steele knew that and took the job anyway. He did in fact sell out.

Wait…the RNC had a black chairman? Those racist bastards!

That's EXACTLY why I said what I said.

No Different than any other Politician.

ALL politicians are SCUM, and don't seek to help constituents, they ALL only seek re-election.

Tell me I'm incorrect.
answered already

You think 100 years of Jim Crow had no effect on blacks?

Are you insane?
what was the effect? explain it. Then explain after 50 years of demofk support why they are no better off today?

Donalds is seeking POWER.
He's smart, and he knows how to win voters.

Currently, his job is to influence voters.....period.
Say whatever you need to say to win VOTES.
Well that is better than buying votes, like promising people you’ll forgive their debt, you will build a bridge, put pork in a bill for your constituents back home.

Plenty of politicians make promises they can never keep.

Well that is better than buying votes, like promising people you’ll forgive their debt, you will build a bridge, put pork in a bill for your constituents back home.

Plenty of politicians make promises they can never keep.
ask the black neighborhoods living on plantations on how well all of that has worked! tee hee.

what was the effect? explain it. Then explain after 50 years of demofk support why they are no better off today?
You need to have the effect of Jim Crow explained to you?

Really?

And ole Mikey got bought by the demofks. Just listened to him go on and on lock step with the demofks on MSNBC.
When it comes to policy he is still a hard core Republican

• Fact
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back