Trump Tells Rally Crowd ‘You Have Smart Ones’ And Black Congressman Byron Donalds Is One of Them

Really? Which issues aren't?

Oh that's what I am doing, why is it when Trump makes a racist statement Trump Humpers have to come and break it down and tell us what he really meant to say.

Really? Which issues aren't?

Everything that is not about race? Pretty much most things. Very few things are actually about race, until someone tries to make it about race.

Oh that's what I am doing, why is it when Trump makes a racist statement Trump Humpers have to come and break it down and tell us what he really meant to say.

Because you haven’t shown where he was being racist. You assume he was, but like the lady in the store, you have no basis for that, other than what you want to think.

It never occurs to you that maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t being racist…but that doesn’t fit your race baiting and race hating.

Former President Donald Trump said of prominent Black supporter Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) “That one is smart!” — adding “You have smart ones” and without specifying what the “ones” were.

During the main event, Trump made a point of name-checking Donalds in the crowd, recognizing him as “a smart one” in a scene reminiscent of Trump’s infamous “my African American” line several years ago:

Good old Uncle Byron, he is one of the smart ones.

Does that mean he knows how to stay in his place and do as he is told?

Not hard to understand TRUMP's is saying Donalds is one of the smart ones as a member of Congress.

Everything that is not about race? Pretty much most things. Very few things are actually about race, until someone tries to make it about race.
That's easy for a white man to say.
Because you haven’t shown where he was being racist. You assume he was, but like the lady in the store, you have no basis for that, other than what you want to think.

It never occurs to you that maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t being racist…but that doesn’t fit your race baiting and race hating.
Did it ever occur to you that he was? Damn man, can you not see the forest for the trees?

I don't know what Donalds is. Had Nikki Haley gotten the nomination and she picked him to be her VP, I'd say good choice.
The problem is, Donalds looks like a token when Trump speaks about him and refers to him. It's not out of respect for Donalds.
It's to basically say to black people, "Hey this one is a smart cookie and he supports me. You should too!".
When there aren't many smart people in a certain segment of the population, shouldn't we give credit when one of them who is smart shows up?

And???...still out in the open. Not sure why you felt the need to post this.

Remember, 'there's good people, on both sides"...:auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, that was fake news manufactured by taking Trump’s quote out of context and omitting his previous statement explicitly condemning and thus excluding Nazis and White Nationalists, etc. from his following statement. Anyone that believed that at the time was ignorant and lazy. Anyone that still believes it to this day is just plain dumb.

Most blacks are just like me

Sad if true, but it would explain why many(statistically speaking) seem to be stuck in the mud. Black people are just as capable of obtaining success in the US as white people, but, just like for most white people, it takes effort, not continuing to cry over spilled milk. Economics does play a factor, but that is not race based, in fact, a poor white person has even less opportunity than a poor black person in the US due to government sponsored race based policies that specifically favor black people. If there is any systematic racism/sexism in this country, it favors black people, not white males.

Former President Donald Trump said of prominent Black supporter Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) “That one is smart!” — adding “You have smart ones” and without specifying what the “ones” were.

During the main event, Trump made a point of name-checking Donalds in the crowd, recognizing him as “a smart one” in a scene reminiscent of Trump’s infamous “my African American” line several years ago:

Good old Uncle Byron, he is one of the smart ones.

Does that mean he knows how to stay in his place and do as he is told?
I don’t see the problem. There ARE smart blacks.

And according to Biden, some are even “articulate” and “clean.”

Sad if true, but it would explain why many(statistically speaking) seem to be stuck in the mud. Black people are just as capable of obtaining success in the US as white people, but, just like for most white people, it takes effort, not continuing to cry over spilled milk. Economics does play a factor, but that is not race based, in fact, a poor white person has even less opportunity than a poor black person in the US due to government sponsored race based policies that specifically favor black people. If there is any systematic racism/sexism in this country, it favors black people, not white males.
Back in my parents’ day, the impoverished Jewish kids who grew up in the Depression did not have affirmative action to get into college (to the contrary, there were anti-Jew quotas), and then special favoritism to get a job (to the contrary, many employers outright refused to hire Jews at all). Despite this, they used their smarts, motivation, and discipline to become successful - and often affluent - members of society.

Today, poor blacks are in a much better situation than poor whites. Between Pell Grants and blatant bias in their favor, there is no excuse why any poor black cannot, at a minimum, get a free community college degree and learn a career skillset.

Blaming failure on racism actually keeps blacks down, which is what the Dems want - citizens dependent on government handouts.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Blaming failure on racism actually keeps blacks down, which is what the Dems want - citizens dependent on government handouts.

Unfortunately, this is what most Democrats, both black and white, can’t see, including IM2. They have been told they are victims since birth. Nothing is ever their fault. Somebody always owes them something. Life is unfair for them and nobody else, particularly those that are successful. Successful people are just lucky or privileged in some way.

I’m afraid these people can’t be fixed. This attitude firmly engrained into their souls. Our only hope is to stop pushing this mentality in our public education system, otherwise, our nation will be forever lost and will fall.

Forum List

Back