Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.

The problem isn't the dogs, it is the owners.
These animals need to be properly trained, socialized, and under positive control 100% of the time.
Unfortunately many pitbull owners

The solution: Require, by law, that all pits and pit mixes be spayed or neutered with significant fines for owners and vets who fail or refuse to comply.

Over time, maybe 10 years or so, almost all pitbulls will die and the breed will disappear.

some might call this cruel but we, as a nation, kill some 10 MILLION of these animals annually in "shelters."
10 Million.

That's a lot of dead dogs and, still, the problem persists.

We can't remove the owners so the logical solution is to remove the breed.

It's not the dogs.
It is the dumbass jackasses that bred them to be aggressive.
And then the even further limp dick fake men who bred pit bull "bullies" to compensate for their lack of manhood.

What I said needs done, and this is sad, is to nationally make it illegal to breed pitbulls without a specific license. This would need to be done to breed out the aggression from all the dumbasses that ruined the breed.

And BTW - the same thing happened to Doberman Pinchers in the 70s-80s.
The breed was bred overly aggressive, it took 30 years to weed them out and now Dobermans are getting back to being less aggressive.

I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.

The problem isn't the dogs, it is the owners.
These animals need to be properly trained, socialized, and under positive control 100% of the time.
Unfortunately many pitbull owners

The solution: Require, by law, that all pits and pit mixes be spayed or neutered with significant fines for owners and vets who fail or refuse to comply.

Over time, maybe 10 years or so, almost all pitbulls will die and the breed will disappear.

some might call this cruel but we, as a nation, kill some 10 MILLION of these animals annually in "shelters."
10 Million.

That's a lot of dead dogs and, still, the problem persists.

We can't remove the owners so the logical solution is to remove the breed.
How many owners have been protected by their Pitbulls?

Thugs think twice about going near someone with a pitbull. How many homes have been made safer by a barking pitbull? No way to even quantify that it’s probably so many.

Bill Burr wasn’t joking, when you take a pitbull for a walk, everyone crosses the street to avoid you.

Spay and neuter the owners, so that their line eventually dies out.
kinky-tuxedo.gif

Thugs think twice about going near someone with a pitbull. How many homes have been made safer by a barking pitbull? No way to even quantify that it’s probably so many.

Bill Burr wasn’t joking, when you take a pitbull for a walk, everyone crosses the street to avoid you.
Pheh... a German Shepherd is 100 times more effective and is 100 times more intelligent, so it doesn't just attack everything it sees.
GSDs have the ability to recognize human play vs. human aggression.
Many of people have been bit by pits when someone grabs a family member in play.

My wife wanted me to remove my dogs scrotum and I refused. She insisted and I refused. Instinctively I knew it was wrong and I read from many vets were spoke of leg issues when dogs do that and other abnormal issues. My wife eventually capitulated and she was glad she did as he was very healthy for his age and recovered from some health issues last year. I worked overtime to learn the issues and find holistic solutions that worked.

He is 13 soon knock on wood and by the grace of G-d he is still by my side. Still wants to play with the ball (goes for a run or two and becomes disinterested but still). We mess with nature in such a cruel manner.

I had a pit come out into the street pushing his little bird chest out and popping his pie hole off like he was somebody when I was out walking my Kangal a few years back.

He turned around and went back with his tail between his legs when my boy roared at him.

Could have been a bad situation if it had been anyone else around here.

The dog should have been leashed or contained to his handler's property in some way, but he wasn't.

99% of the time, it's not really the dog's fault. People who aren't responsible enough to make themselves aware of what is required to handle certain breeds before they go getting them is the problem.

And not only that, I can't count the times I've seen a dog pulling its handler down the street. The dog is stronger and more fit than they are. It's an incident just waiting to happen.

Last edited:
I had a pit come out into the street pushing his little bird chest out and popping his pie hole off like he was somebody when I was out walking my Kangal a few years back.

He turned around and went back with his tail between his legs when my boy roared at him.

The dog should have been leashed or contained to his master's property in some way, but he wasn't.
Yep... same thing with my GSD. And it was two dogs, one a pit mix and some other mutt.
She turned her 82 lb. frame around to face them with her pearly whites gleaming and they ran right back into their yards.

It's not the dogs.
It is the dumbass jackasses that bred them to be aggressive.
And then the even further limp dick fake men who bred pit bull "bullies" to compensate for their lack of manhood.

What I said needs done, and this is sad, is to nationally make it illegal to breed pitbulls without a specific license. This would need to be done to breed out the aggression from all the dumbasses that ruined the breed.
It's the owners. It seems people who should never own a dog get pits.

They were bred as fighting dogs.
It is already illegal to fight and the breeding for this purpose wouldn't be changed by your proposed law.

Breeding the aggressiveness out of them would take many decades and would do nothing about the bad owners.

90% spayed and neutered would eliminate the breed in a decade.

And BTW - the same thing happened to Doberman Pinchers in the 70s-80s.
The breed was bred overly aggressive, it took 30 years to weed them out and now Dobermans are getting back to being less aggressive.
Dobermans were never overly aggressive.
Bad press from a few equally bad movies gave them a bad rep.

1707518888591.png

They are large athletic animals but independent of training, not naturally aggressive.

It is already illegal to fight and the breeding for this purpose wouldn't be changed by your proposed law.

Breeding the aggressiveness out of them would take many decades and would do nothing about the bad owners.

They were originally bred to be companions to children.
And they were very good at it.
Later they were bred to fight in pits

So you're saying a pitbull owner shouldn't need a gun?
and
Collies, boxers, Labs can protect just as well.

What burr wasn't saying is that the people crossing the street don't trust him. A pit should NEVER be walked in public without a muzzle.

It's not just the owners though. There was a professional dog breeder who had three pitbulls do real damage to someone. The biggest issue with some breeds is when they are in a pack, they can and do snap and lose control, especially if the Alpha isn't home. Some breeds are far worse than others for various reasons.

My own dog growled at my wife once when she wound up to hit me as a joke. She had struck me so many times in the past that he protected me in that manner. She was angry at him but I refused to discipline him. As I told her, "you are joking now but you have hit me so often in the past he doesn't know the difference. " The growl was really for her benefit, a warning.

After that I loved him to death. He protected her too when he was a puppy, letting out a quiet, harmless due to his size growl when our neighbour was talking to my wife. Dog has stones. Always has. A rescue dog who wouldn't hurt me but might others.

My wife wanted me to remove my dogs scrotum and I refused. She insisted and I refused. Instinctively I knew it was wrong and I read from many vets were spoke of leg issues when dogs do that and other abnormal issues. My wife eventually capitulated and she was glad she did as he was very healthy for his age and recovered from some health issues last year. I worked overtime to learn the issues and find holistic solutions that worked.

He is 13 soon knock on wood and by the grace of G-d he is still by my side. Still wants to play with the ball (goes for a run or two and becomes disinterested but still). We mess with nature in such a cruel manner.
Your decision put your dog at risk.

Dogs know when to breed because the smell of the female attracts them. Sometimes from miles away. Dogs will jump, dig under fences. Make a bolt to the door/gate when opened.
and
Dogs will fight other dogs for the breeding opportunity.

You exposed your dog to the risks of being injured or killed in traffic or in a fight with other dogs.

You should reconsider your position.

The dog should have been leashed or contained to his handler's property in some way, but he wasn't.

99% of the time, it's not really the dog's fault. People who aren't responsible enough to make themselves aware of what is required to handle certain breeds before they go getting them is the problem.

And not only that, I can't count the times I've seen a dog pulling its handler down the street. The dog is stronger and more fit than they are. It's an incident just waiting to happen.
That is the core of the problem.
These animals should never be allowed to roam free.

Forum List

Back