Employer Mandate Delayed -- Again

From the link:

This explains why I was not able to find any other source making this claim.

IF this is true, then it is clearly being done for political purposes.

Another interesting tidbit in that piece:

As the bugs get worked out and millions begin to enroll, the momentum is going to shift in ObamaCare's favor. This will have a much bigger impact on the mid-terms than a purely political move to push employer enrollments back a month.

Of those "80,000" in California...how many were not ACA, but Medicaid...and what were the demographic and economic breakdown? Specifically, demographic - how many are the muc. much. much needed healthy-young...economic - how many are subsidized?

Talk about missing the forest for the trees!

80,000 people who did not have insurance now have insurance. You think that won't affect the election? Huh?

How many of them are actually citizens?

And vote buying is really the way to do things. Lets enslave people to be wards of the state, thus perpetuating thier need of the state, and oh, lets keep finding people to pay for it.

From the link:

As the bugs get worked out and millions begin to enroll, the momentum is going to shift in ObamaCare's favor. This will have a much bigger impact on the mid-terms than a purely political move to push employer enrollments back a month.

Of those "80,000" in California...how many were not ACA, but Medicaid...and what were the demographic and economic breakdown? Specifically, demographic - how many are the muc. much. much needed healthy-young...economic - how many are subsidized?

80,000 people who did not have insurance now have insurance. You think that won't affect the election? Huh?

How do you know that?

We don't know how many of those 80,000 had insurance before. Some may be those who have been cancelled on their old policies. And some may be paying more than they were paying for those old policies. How many of those saw their doctor and hospital options decrease?

And 80,000 still gives a massive net deficit between people who were insured last year and people who are insured now.

Last edited:
Many are going to get hurt no matter how long he postpones it. I really think the damage to himself and the Democrats is just beginning. But yeah, it's obvious what his intent is. It won't help him.
wrong. he's a lame duck as long as he limits mid-term losses he is cool. The Ds are screwed, blued and tattooed in 2016 if he does this but defections will not raise R majorities to veto proof.

You misunderstand.

It's not the employer mandate that's being delayed, it's the open enrollment period. The employer mandate is still scheduled to start at the beginning of 2015. The open enrollment where people can sign up for insurance has been moved back 1 month.

It's a stalling tactic to prevent the sticker shock syndrome right before the midterm election.

Really? That's all you have?

Federal law bans illegal immigrants from Medicaid.

And vote buying is really the way to do things. Lets enslave people to be wards of the state, thus perpetuating thier need of the state, and oh, lets keep finding people to pay for it.

Wards of the state. Like employees of defense contractors. Like Wall Street. Like the $1.2 trillion in tax expenditures, including your mortgage interest deduction and your child tax credit.

We are all wards of the state, and it is all about vote buying.

These are the realities on the ground. ObamaCare is going to gain momentum, and that will work in the Democrats' favor.

Last edited:

Wards of the state. Like employees of defense contractors. Like Wall Street. Like the $1.2 trillion in tax expenditures, including your mortgage interest deduction and your child tax credit.

Defense contractors produce a product. Wall street produces wealth. I dont own a house. I dont have kids.

Democrats buy off the most vulnerable people, and the ones that give less in return back to society than they contribute. They then use them to get more people hooked on the government gravy, and because its being done by government and not an eevuul corportation your ready to take it up the ass, like all the other progressive idiots.

Remeber to wipe off your mouth when your done sucking that government dick.

Many are going to get hurt no matter how long he postpones it. I really think the damage to himself and the Democrats is just beginning. But yeah, it's obvious what his intent is. It won't help him.
wrong. he's a lame duck as long as he limits mid-term losses he is cool. The Ds are screwed, blued and tattooed in 2016 if he does this but defections will not raise R majorities to veto proof.
However the damage can be limited, contained until this wreckless man Hellbent on our destruction is out of office. Put that in the pipe and inhale deeply.

Defense contractors produce a product.

Adjusted for inflation, we are spending on Defense at levels not seen since World War II. Are we in a world war? Nope.

Wall street produces wealth.

:lol:

They destroyed tens of trillions of dollars in wealth and tens of millions of jobs, and the government bailed them out. And they were allowed to survive, and no one went to jail for their crimes except small fish.

If you examine who the largest donors are to our politicians, you will know why.

I dont own a house. I dont have kids.

You take no deductions of any kind? Good for you!

Democrats buy off the most vulnerable people, and the ones that give less in return back to society than they contribute. They then use them to get more people hooked on the government gravy, and because its being done by government and not an eevuul corportation your ready to take it up the ass, like all the other progressive idiots.

Remeber to wipe off your mouth when your done sucking that government dick.

Again, you miss the point. I have argued extensively right here on this forum that we need to remove everyone's mouth from the government tit.

Everyone. You are seriously deluded if you think only lefties suck on the tit.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it." Surely you have heard me talk about this at least once before.

And you are missing the realities on the ground. Just because I report the realities does not mean I am a cheerleader for what is going on. It is important to face reality so you can fight it effectively if it is going the wrong way.

Instead, the Right today is fighting a hallucination, and is going to get its ass kicked. The only way the Democrats are going to lose is if they do it to themselves. It won't be because of anything the Right does, like Obama and his "you can keep your plan, period". The Right is high on crack. Has been for several years.

Last edited:

How do you know that?

We don't know how many of those 80,000 had insurance before. Some may be those who have been cancelled on their old policies. And some may be paying more than they were paying for those old policies. How many of those saw their doctor and hospital options decrease?

And 80,000 still gives a massive net deficit between people who were insured last year and people who are insured now.

bump

From the link:

Medicaid. Why do you think the red states have blocked the ObamaCare increases in Medicaid enrollments that come to them free of charge?

Votes, that's why. People who get access to healthcare insurance who did not have it before are going to remember who gave it to them.

Well you know what they say about people being able to vote themselves money...
But alas...we are not a democratic republic anymore anyway.

You misunderstand.

It's not the employer mandate that's being delayed, it's the open enrollment period. The employer mandate is still scheduled to start at the beginning of 2015. The open enrollment where people can sign up for insurance has been moved back 1 month.

It's a stalling tactic to prevent the sticker shock syndrome right before the midterm election.
More pulling the wool over the eyes of the people. It won't work.

You misunderstand.

I misunderstand nothing.

The enrollment period is rolled forward and so are the rate tables.

The rates won't be announced until, won't be available until, Nov 15, 2014.

Got it?

I doubt it

The employer mandate was scheduled to start on Jan 2015 before, and after this change it will still be Jan 2015.

The part this changes is the open enrollment period, that changes from Oct 15th - Dec 15th to Nov 15th - Jan 7th.

The mandate is not being delayed....

It gets futile trying explain things to this bunch. They still think the ACA is an insurance company.

Forum List

Back