End Times?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

END TIME SIGNS

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3)

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

3. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)

4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)

5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)

12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)

13. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)

14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)

17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)

20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)

21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's sake" (Matthew 24:9)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
(Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

So. Whatcha think? Discuss.

I dunno about that, Jeri. But in my thinkin'....I believe Jesus is gonna come see us soon. Maybe not in my lifetime, but...soon. It's bad out there...but not THAT bad. Yet. Gettin' there, though.

I dunno about that, Jeri. But in my thinkin'....I believe Jesus is gonna come see us soon. Maybe not in my lifetime, but...soon. It's bad out there...but not THAT bad. Yet. Gettin' there, though.

I think Jesus will be coming in our lifetime--Rev 13 has been going on for years, but its as Jesus taught it would be here in these last days--Per-se-- as in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note.

Ain't bad enough yet. Unless God decided to put my ass in a bubble.

When has human history not suffered from those afflictions. They are just vague or common enough to make the Bible continually relevant. The end of the world is nigh because people are not living up to code. Technology makes it worse. With a few clicks of a mouse I can bring up video of all the telltale signs of the coming apocalypse. With subtitles.

You know, every generation that is facing perilous times has felt that way, kjw47. It doesn't surprise me that people would be expecting Jesus to show up any day now. Before Mao took over? The Chinese Christians were waiting for the rapture. They believed Jesus Christ would show up. It was their tribulation but not the tribulation. Likewise when WWII happened? There were Christians who thought this is it! This must be the tribulation. But it wasn't. It was their tribulation but not the tribulation. Again -when the early Christians were being fed to the lions and crucified by the Romans they most likely expected the return of Jesus.

Half of those points have always been occuring.

having said that, half hasn't. Perhaps it's a metaphor to predict when a society is coming to an end?

But I might learn that I am to return tomorrow. I don't know what I will do.

Every generation since his death has convinced itself their's will be the one that sees Jesus' return. And every generation has been wrong.

The so-called 'signs' are things that have been with us all along. Wars, try and find single year in human history a war wasn't going on somewhere. Disease? Ya, that's pretty unusual isn't it. Famine? Good chunk of the human race is undernourished, and a smaller fraction are properly famine-stricken.

All those signs are vague generalizations that a village idiot could see around himself. But as when people claim someone's gonna ban their guns, and gun sales spike, someone's making lots of money perpetuating the impression the end is near.

Follow the money and you'll be a lot less stressed.

Humankind is not advancing. It is regressing. The more tech, the more we are alone. No need for others since we have the net.

(Just thinking out loud).

the religion of the Bible makes clear the day of Judgement will be at the concluding moment for the Triumph of Good vs Evil.

there are passages in that book pursuant to the Almighty - exclusive the named religions.

We are actually living in the most peaceful times in human history, Gracie. There was most likely a time when native tribes were slaughtering each other in the exact spot you buy your gas each week. At the same time Europeans and Middle Easterners were killing each other in droves. There was worldwide conflict long before the first World War. We now have the ability to read about smaller conflicts across the globe within seconds. It doesn't mean they are more frequent.

END TIME SIGNS

1. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3)

2. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)

6. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)

7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)

8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.

9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.

10. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)

18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

25: Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)

26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, "for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." (2 Peter 3:4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust (verse 3). They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.

What do I think?

I wish it was the end of the world, and if it is the Universe will still be here even if Humanity finally pull the plug on it life support!

Also I have been told it is the end of days so many times that I have just stopped caring, and if it is then at the final moment I will stick my head between my legs and kiss my rear goodbye, but I have a strange feeling the end of days is still a few thousands of years away...

Ain't bad enough yet. Unless God decided to put my ass in a bubble.

Rev 13 has occurred for awhile now--the next step is for the 7 headed beast to do away with-religions( Babylon the great) = worldwide false religions.) It says God puts it into their hearts to do this.
Like a swift pitch into the sea with a millstone around her neck.( Rev 18:21)( means quickly) This triggers the tribulation--it teaches--The merchants of the earth stand at a distance, and mourn the fall of Babylon the great. because their shelves remain full( no more religious holidays)-- that means the factory shelves remain full= worldwide layoffs. it gets so bad that Gods word teaches---Unless those days were cut short no flesh would be saved.( Matt 24: 21-22)

END TIME SIGNS

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).

I think all these things have been happening for 2,000 years and more and yet here we are saying the same things that so many others who predicted the end times said. Want to know what all of them have in common? Every single one of them was wrong

END TIME SIGNS

24: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
(Luke 21:25-26).

A few thoughts come to mind.
1) you proved my point that Christians love to skip the name of the actual Biblical Davidic Messiah when they skip Dan 12:1 in discussing Dan 12.
You went straight to Dan 12:4 blotting out the name that scares Jesuits.
2) those things occur in all ages, mankind hasn't learned to war no more and the earth will forever quake.
3) the false prophets were the apostles or spokesmen who claimed the end times would occur in their age, that the end was near and quickly, thus they were Wrong=false.

END TIME SIGNS

A few thoughts come to mind.
1) you proved my point that Christians love to skip the name of the actual Biblical Davidic Messiah when they skip Dan 12:1 in discussing Dan 12.
You went straight to Dan 12:4 blotting out the name that scares Jesuits.
2) those things occur in all ages, mankind hasn't learned to war no more and the earth will forever quake.
3) the false prophets were the apostles or spokesmen who claimed the end times would occur in their age, that the end was near and quickly, thus they were Wrong=false.
Sorry. I just googled END TIMES SIGNS and clicked on the link that had the list. Don't shoot the messenger. Just post what you think are the signs. And..I ain't a christian.

Forum List

Back