🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Equality is downsizing religions, as parent refuse to downsize their love for an LGBTQ+ or female child.

Gods have never held themselves to the same laws they impose on mortals.

and again by definition not all killing is murder
Your first is only partially true to a real believer if there is such a thing, because scriptures tell us to emulate God in all things and to also judge all things.

Your last is correct and I do not think using them as analogies was ever suggested.

Regards
DL

Again most murders know they are breaking the law even if they feel a compulsion to kill.

The laws and societal acceptances of behaviors have nothing to do with the very existence of those behaviors.

Can you tell me what part of that you don't understand so I can try to explain it better?
Murderers know they are breaking the law. They feel the law is unfair and should not apply to them. Much like drug users and sellers.

That something has always existed as part of the human condition does not preclude that action as being either sinful nor unlawful.

That is exactly the way murderers feel. They were born that way. Therefore should be punished no more than a homosexual, also born that way.

Of course there are absolute sins and absolute morals. Everyone is invited to apply that absolutism to their own lives.
Give an example of an absolute sin please.

The only one I can think of is when God used genocides and inquisitions and jihads against us.

You God id the only absolute sinner I can think of.

Break the first commandment and put another name above God for anything. Even evil.

Regards
DL

Murderers know they are breaking the law. They feel the law is unfair and should not apply to them. Much like drug users and sellers.

That something has always existed as part of the human condition does not preclude that action as being either sinful nor unlawful.
OK how do you know what any murderer feels about the law?

And I have know addicts have you? I have never heard one of them say that drug laws should not apply to them.

and you do realize that things we have defined as unlawful today were not unlawful at another time in our societal evolution?

And no one is ever asked to judge whether or not a killing of whatever kind is sinful. Just unlawful.
Not all killing is unlawful.

We as a society have decided that. But again it has nothing to do with sin or any god and more of what behaviors are beneficial or detrimental to the health of the society in which we live.

I could only decide if I committed a sin by killing someone. If someone else is the killer, I could only decide whether the act was unlawful.
So if you decided that your act of killing was not a sin would your god agree with you? It seems to me you god has decided what is and isn;t a sin regardless of your personal definitions

Give an example of an absolute sin please.

The only one I can think of is when God used genocides and inquisitions and jihads against us.

You God id the only absolute sinner I can think of.

Break the first commandment and put another name above God for anything. Even evil.

Regards
DL
Absolute sin. My mother. She believed that taking money for a favor was an absolute sin. Before she helped anyone she made it clear that she could not accept money.

Not all killing is unlawful.

We as a society have decided that. But again it has nothing to do with sin or any god and more of what behaviors are beneficial or detrimental to the health of the society in which we live.
You are conflating sinfulness with unlawfulness thinking you can win the argument.

Sin is something you judge for yourself. Unlawfulness is the judgement of others.

You are conflating sinfulness with unlawfulness thinking you can win the argument.

Sin is something you judge for yourself. Unlawfulness is the judgement of others.
Sin is defined by gods. Sin by definition is a violation of divine law.

As I asked before if you decided killing a particular person was not a sin , would your god agree with you?

I would bet the answer would be no so you are actually living with not your definition of sin but with the definition of sin the god you worship provides

Absolute sin. My mother. She believed that taking money for a favor was an absolute sin. Before she helped anyone she made it clear that she could not accept money.
You might want to work on your definitions and tell your mother she is wrong.

A good son would have set her straight.

Regards
DL

So if you decided that your act of killing was not a sin would your god agree with you? It seems to me you god has decided what is and isn;t a sin regardless of your personal definitions
Well, I would certainly have to answer for that wouldn't I? Ultimately, true. God decides what is or is not a sin.

Suppose the baker refuses to bake the wedding cake because the baker believed that the customers were in a sinful relationship. God could consievably say "you judged the sin of another. That makes YOU the sinner."
Don't judge others, just decide your own conduct.

Well, I would certainly have to answer for that wouldn't I? Ultimately, true. God decides what is or is not a sin.

Suppose the baker refuses to bake the wedding cake because the baker believed that the customers were in a sinful relationship. God could consievably say "you judged the sin of another. That makes YOU the sinner."
Don't judge others, just decide your own conduct.
Then why does that baker still bake cakes for other people who commit sins?

Surely if baking a cake a gay people is a sin then baking a cake for a any person who has ever sinned must also be a sin.

It seems to be that being in any business that serves the public must in itself be a sin.

Then why does that baker still bake cakes for other people who commit sins?

Surely if baking a cake a gay people is a sin then baking a cake for a any person who has ever sinned must also be a sin.

It seems to be that being in any business that serves the public must in itself be a sin.
That's why these matters are best left to the individual and not imposed.

That's why these matters are best left to the individual and not imposed.
All laws are imposed on people. It is what we as a society have decided.

If you live in a society you do not have the privilege of codifying a set of laws that only apply to you but rather you are compelled to follow the laws of that society.

By your logic you could decide that owning a slave is perfectly OK for you and the rest of us should just let you do it because these things are best left up to the individual.

All laws are imposed on people. It is what we as a society have decided.

If you live in a society you do not have the privilege of codifying a set of laws that only apply to you but rather you are compelled to follow the laws of that society.

By your logic you could decide that owning a slave is perfectly OK for you and the rest of us should just let you do it because these things are best left up to the individual.
You are doing it again. Stop. As a society we have agreed, or mostly agreed, on laws by which society will be ordered. There is that which is lawful and that which is unlawful. As a people we have agreed that religious laws will not be applied to any person.

A person could absolutely decide that owning a slave is not a sin. It is perfectly okay, perhaps even beneficial. It is still unlawful. Off to the pokey with you. After all, even those who believe that slavery is not a sin, are not compelled to own slaves.

Forum List

Back