Era of Dependance...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Soooo what the hell is going on here?

Adult (?) children freeloading off their parents and taxpayers.

I recall my Father's warning to me when I was 16 years old, "It's college, work or the street, your choice, you got 2 years" and their was no doubt that he meant it and I was still loved.

I was inspired given that I like to eat and such...:lol:

Last edited:
Well you smug SOB times have changed. College LOL, what a waste of time for most. My daughter is welcome to "freeload" off me all she wants because she doesn't live in your pathetic, boomer world of entitlement.

Well you smug SOB times have changed. College LOL, what a waste of time for most. My daughter is welcome to "freeload" off me all she wants because she doesn't live in your pathetic, boomer world of entitlement.

Hey, leave my Mom out of this you freeloading enabler...:wtf:

Last edited:

I recall my Father's warning to me when I was 16 years old, "It's college, work or the street, your choice, you got 2 years" and their was no doubt that he meant it and I was still loved.

Wow...those were the exact instructions given to my brother and me, plus we had to earn anything we wanted, and Dad would kick in the other half, then we had to repay him, before he would do that again. Example...brother wanted wild colt. Dad told him to go to work, and earn half the amount for the colt, then Dad would supply the balance, until brother repaid him, then brother had to earn half the amount for a saddle, then Dad would supply the balance then brother had to repay, then do the same thing for a car.

We each had to pay for our own car and insurance and we did, by working after school and on many weekends. We didn't mind.....we loved our treasures more and those treasures made us responsible for them and from there we continued and each became successful and responsible in our own ways.

I am grateful to Dad for the lessons he taught us, which is, if you want something badly enough, you must earn it, and not depend upon others for it. Dad taught us to have pride in ourselves and there were no excuses. If we were between jobs, Dad told us we had to look for another job, spending eight hours a day, just as if you were working. That paid off too.....as the more numbers you have put in on anything, the sooner you will land what you are looking for.

Wise guy...my Dad. He taught his kids to be responsible for themselves. Mom could have never done it. We were too powerful over her...lol

:thup: Dad.....( and Lumpy 1's dad ) :smiliehug:

Wow...those were the exact instructions given to my brother and me, plus we had to earn anything we wanted, and Dad would kick in the other half, then we had to repay him, before he would do that again. Example...brother wanted wild colt. Dad told him to go to work, and earn half the amount for the colt, then Dad would supply the balance, until brother repaid him, then brother had to earn half the amount for a saddle, then Dad would supply the balance then brother had to repay, then do the same thing for a car.

We each had to pay for our own car and insurance and we did, by working after school and on many weekends. We didn't mind.....we loved our treasures more and those treasures made us responsible for them and from there we continued and each became successful and responsible in our own ways.

I am grateful to Dad for the lessons he taught us, which is, if you want something badly enough, you must earn it, and not depend upon others for it. Dad taught us to have pride in ourselves and there were no excuses. If we were between jobs, Dad told us we had to look for another job, spending eight hours a day, just as if you were working. That paid off too.....as the more numbers you have put in on anything, the sooner you will land what you are looking for.

Wise guy...my Dad. He taught his kids to be responsible for themselves. Mom could have never done it. We were too powerful over her...lol

Excellent post AquaAthena...near perfect..:smiliehug:

Excellent post AquaAthena...near perfect..:smiliehug:

Thank you sweetheart. :)

Now I am going to watch Bill O, as he is going to analyze and discuss Internet addiction. His take on it all, should be interesting, for some of us..lol

Nothing wrong with a little work ethic and understanding of the value of money

My sons are both in school and both working. they've been working since they were 16. They are on our auto insurance policy but they pay their own way. since 18 they have paid us rent. W don't really need their money and what they don't know is we take that money and put it in an account for them. someday they will get it all back. but for now, they are paying their own way.

Guy I work with told his daughter she had to pay her own way when she wanted to go to Florida. Her reply: "I have two feet, I have two thumbs, I have big tits and I give a mean blow job. I'll manage!"

Guy I work with told his daughter she had to pay her own way when she wanted to go to Florida. Her reply: "I have two feet, I have two thumbs, I have big tits and I give a mean blow job. I'll manage!"

Not exactly what conservative parents would have in mind..:lol:

Forum List

Back