Essex County Politician Punches 75-Year-Old Blind Army Vet In Face

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
http://7online.com/news/disturbing-...allegedly-punching-blind-army-veteran/836695/

It was especially vulnerable because Graves is blind, completely in one eye, legally in the other, thanks to cataracts and glaucoma.

"It's not good, that's all I can say. I'm smiling, but I' not laughing," Graves said.

Especially because he knows his alleged attacker. He has been identified by Essex County Prosecutors as Leroy Jones, the chairman of the county democratic committee.

Graves and his friends say the attack was sparked by petty political bickering; that Graves had been backing a candidate Jones was not.

Now Graves says his vision is even worse.

"Angry, disgusted, because why should I have to run back and forth to the doctor because someone decided to hit me," Graves said.

Assault is assault but unless the Army Veteran was in uniform how does his service in the Military have anything to do with the crime except to inflame ignorant public opinion?

Jones should lose his job as the chairman of the county Democratic Party and spend time in jail. What a loser. Graves was trying to avoid being hit.

Assault is assault but unless the Army Veteran was in uniform how does his service in the Military have anything to do with the crime except to inflame ignorant public opinion?

Forget that. The guy punched a 75 year old man. There's no place in civil society for someone who does that. He should be in jail. No questions asked.

It's 50-50. The victim is black so the DOJ should investigate and subject Jones to the Civil Rights Laws...but wait, Jones is black, so I guess it's okay. Too bad Jones wasn't white. Then it would have been a felony and he'd be breaking CR laws.

Forum List

Back