Ethical investing - ubers day are numbered

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is an interesting story. Deliveroo are one of these annoying new companies that exploits the weakness in the labour market by paying slave wages to desperate people. All of these parasite companies are now under threat following the recent uber ruling.

Their float was supposed to be the big events in the uk market this year but now it seems that some of the bigger players are having cold feet. Aviva handle one of my pensions and I am fully supportive of their decision.

The likes of deliveroo grow rich on human suffering and pass the cost on to the state. They are moochers not entrepeneurs.

Wow, I'm glad and surprised to see this. Seems most companies are rewarded by investors for screwing over the workers.

Harry_Fain,_coal_loader._Inland_Steel_Company,_Wheelwright_^1_&_2_Mines,_Wheelwright,_Floyd_Co...jpg

Wow, I'm glad and surprised to see this. Seems most companies are rewarded by investors for screwing over the workers.
I suspect that they are also nervous about possible claims but fair play. Maybe its the start of a better world ?

I suspect that they are also nervous about possible claims but fair play. Maybe its the start of a better world ?

As I said I am glad to see this but I'm not going to hold my breath until it expands elsewhere.

This is an interesting story. Deliveroo are one of these annoying new companies that exploits the weakness in the labour market by paying slave wages to desperate people. All of these parasite companies are now under threat following the recent uber ruling.

Their float was supposed to be the big events in the uk market this year but now it seems that some of the bigger players are having cold feet. Aviva handle one of my pensions and I am fully supportive of their decision.

The likes of deliveroo grow rich on human suffering and pass the cost on to the state. They are moochers not entrepeneurs.
And yet people voluntarily sign up to contract with them.

I guess you think you're a better judge of what these people should do than they are huh?

Last edited:

Talking about slave labor.....

I guess you think you're a better judge of what these people should do than they are huh?
What this sort of company does is undercut businesses that pay well and treat workers with respect. Then people are left with no choices and have to take these shit jobs. Its a scar on society.

Uber et al is a race to the bottom and we all pay for it. That isnt right.

What this sort of company does is undercut businesses that pay well and treat workers with respect. Then people are left with no choices and have to take these shit jobs. Its a scar on society.

And yet people voluntarily contract with this company. If they though they were being mistreated they wouldn't of their own free will work with that company.

I don't see how I pay for any of that if I don't use the services this company provides.

This is where I have a problem with the idea that you think you have the right to tell people what to do because of some falsely perceived cost to you.

And yet people voluntarily contract with this company. If they though they were being mistreated they wouldn't of their own free will work with that company.

I don't see how I pay for any of that if I don't use the services this company provides.

This is where I have a problem with the idea that you think you have the right to tell people what to do because of some falsely perceived cost to you.
Well you are probably a bit too slow to understand how you pay.

Put simply if folk work full time and cant make ends meet the state picks up the slack through the various benefits it pays out to the working poor.

This is the reason that some right leaning governments are keen to increase the minimum wage.

People need to eat and they need somewhere to live. If the employer isnt paying that then you are. You are subsidising corporate moochers.

Put simply if folk work full time and cant make ends meet the state picks up the slack through the various benefits it pays out to the working poor.

This is the reason that some right leaning governments are keen to increase the minimum wage.

People need to eat and they need somewhere to live. If the employer isn't paying that then you are. You are subsidising corporate moochers.

Simply put if a person can't makes ends meet with one full time job then he needs to either reduce his expenses of increase his income.

And the problem is that it is too easy to get welfare these days.

No one with a job should be able to qualify for the dole.

People need to eat and they need somewhere to live. If the employer isn't paying that then you are. You are subsidising corporate moochers.

Simply put if a person can't makes ends meet with one full time job then he needs to either reduce his expenses of increase his income.

The decent paying jobs are disappearing as the likes of uber and amazon lead a race to the bottom. Anybody working a full time job should have enough pay to support themselves and their family. Low pay employers have made that impossible at the lower end of the spectrum.

How many local businesses do walmart close down when they open a store. Those places are replaced by stores who employ a lot of people on low wages and reduced hours. By definition these guys find it difficult to get something better.

Taxi service in my area has always sucked so Uber fills a major market void in that regard. As for their employment model, that is something they need to sort out with the drivers.

The decent paying jobs are disappearing as the likes of uber and amazon lead a race to the bottom. Anybody working a full time job should have enough pay to support themselves and their family. Low pay employers have made that impossible at the lower end of the spectrum.

How many local businesses do walmart close down when they open a store. Those places are replaced by stores who employ a lot of people on low wages and reduced hours. By definition these guys find it difficult to get something better.

No they're not.

The jobs are out there. If people will do them.

There is a dire shortage of tradesmen in the US. The need is only growing.

We have a very large service industry that can't be replaced by Amazon or Walmart and that sector is only going to grow.

And tell me would you rather pay 50 bucks for a shirt at a rinky dink mom and pop or 20 for the exact same shirt at Walmart?

That's awful!
Does the state pay more in benefits if the guy is working full time or if he doesn't work at all?
If someone is working full time the state should not have to subsidise the corporate moochers that employ them. Why are you so keen to spend my tax money ya fuckin liberal.

That's awful!
Does the state pay more in benefits if the guy is working full time or if he doesn't work at all?
If someone is working full time the state should not have to subsidise the corporate moochers that employ them. Why are you so keen to spend my tax money ya fuckin liberal.
They don't have to they choose to.

Don't confuse government handouts with the actual need of the recipients.

That's awful!

If someone is working full time the state should not have to subsidise the corporate moochers that employ them.

Is the welfare lower if they work, or higher?

If you're keen to cut welfare, just say so, ya whiney twat.

That's awful!

If someone is working full time the state should not have to subsidise the corporate moochers that employ them.

Is the welfare lower if they work, or higher?

If you're keen to cut welfare, just say so, ya whiney twat.
You cant cut welfare unless you raise the minimum wage. Folk need enough to live on and either their employer pays or you pay. Its a very simple proposition.

Forum List

Back