EU to Israel: Don't use EU funds in settlements

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
EU's decision on Israel like 'a bucket of cold water on the head of a drunk' | Rachel Shabi | Comment is free | The Guardian

All the EU has done is put into practice what it has been saying for decades: that the settlements are bad news and agreements between Israel and the EU over funding for education, research and other projects must state specifically that they do not apply to settlements in the Palestinian West Bank and East Jerusalem. But, from the startled Israeli response, it's as though it had assumed that the EU was just bluffing all those years.

sounds reasonable to me. What say you?

EU's decision on Israel like 'a bucket of cold water on the head of a drunk' | Rachel Shabi | Comment is free | The Guardian

All the EU has done is put into practice what it has been saying for decades: that the settlements are bad news and agreements between Israel and the EU over funding for education, research and other projects must state specifically that they do not apply to settlements in the Palestinian West Bank and East Jerusalem. But, from the startled Israeli response, it's as though it had assumed that the EU was just bluffing all those years.

Israel should just do her own funding then.

Good for starters.

What about the Israeli settlement built on top of the destroyed Palestinian village of Najd?

What about the removal of the Al Asqa Mosque built on the stolen land site of Solomon's Temple?

Good for starters.

What about the Israeli settlement built on top of the destroyed Palestinian village of Najd?

Israel should just do her own funding then.

Israel has never done its own funding.

Good for starters.

This extreme post is exactly why the Palestinians will never achieve complete independence on the West Bank. Why would you want to sabotage your own cause? In that way, you are a very good Zionist, and maybe I should thank you.

certainly the pro-illegal settlement people aren't calling the EU "extremist"?

Tinmore was referring to a city within the Green Line. That is certainly extremist, and he will never win independence for his people with that attitude.

allowing them to use EU funds in illegally occupied area's will only further promote the illegal activity.

allowing them to use EU funds in illegally occupied area's will only further promote the illegal activity.

Israel claims that the status of the West Bank isn't occupied territory, but disputed territory. In any event, those pro-Palestinians who want to destroy all of Israel proper, are seeing to it that Arabs on the West Bank will continue to live under military rule.

certainly the pro-illegal settlement people aren't calling the EU "extremist"?

Tinmore was referring to a city within the Green Line. That is certainly extremist, and he will never win independence for his people with that attitude.

Indeed, and the Green Line was specifically not to be a political or territorial boundary.That distinction is irrelevant.

Good for starters.

This extreme post is exactly why the Palestinians will never achieve complete independence on the West Bank. Why would you want to sabotage your own cause? In that way, you are a very good Zionist, and maybe I should thank you.

Tinmores Ideology concerning the I/P conflict is exactly what is wrong with the ME today.

Last edited:
Good for starters.

Tinmores Ideology concerning the I/P conflict is exactly what is wrong with the ME today. I just dont understand why he is so hateful

What did I say that you consider hateful?

Tinmores Ideology concerning the I/P conflict is exactly what is wrong with the ME today. I just dont understand why he is so hateful

What did I say that you consider hateful?

NOt this specific post, but your previous posts about Israel just gives me the vibe that you have a lot of hate. Maybe I am wrong Tinmore, but that's just how I feel. I probably should have worded my phrase a bit better. I'm gonna delete it now

The only one being hurt from this are The Palestinians.

In cast workplaces will be "copied" into the green-lines, thuosands of Palestinians will lost their jobs.

As for us? No worries, we can overcome any boycott, like we always did.

The pioneers will not suffer as much as the haters would like

Forum List

Back