Euthanized? Nope. Fake News run wild.

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
International press was all aflutter earlier this week about a Dutch teen supposedly "put down" through legalized euthanasia after a long travail with depression.

It made a powerful story!

But also a fake story:

Dutch girl was not 'legally euthanised' and died at home

A severely ill Dutch girl widely reported by international media as having been “legally euthanised” in a clinic in the Netherlands died at home, apparently after voluntarily refusing to eat or drink and with no evidence that her death was assisted.

Noa Pothoven, 17, who for several years had been treated in multiple institutions for severe depression and anorexia, and had made previous attempts to kill herself, died at her parents’ home in Arnhem on 2 June, local media reported.

Media organisations from Australia to Britain and the US to India reported it as a case of “legal euthanasia” performed by a Dutch “end-of-life clinic”, and Noa’s name was trending on social media on Wednesday in countries including Italy, where the story was front-page news.

Nothing like a breaking report that some obscure story nobody ever heard was 'fake'.

Thanks for uh, all you do Henri. Whatever it is. Seeding the clouds, I take it.

Nothing like a breaking report that some obscure story nobody ever heard was 'fake'.

Thanks for uh, all you do Henri. Whatever it is. Seeding the clouds, I take it.

International news frequently escapes the attention of those whose viewing habits involve only domestic anti-American outlets.

International press was all aflutter earlier this week about a Dutch teen supposedly "put down" through legalized euthanasia after a long travail with depression.

It made a powerful story!

But also a fake story:

Dutch girl was not 'legally euthanised' and died at home

A severely ill Dutch girl widely reported by international media as having been “legally euthanised” in a clinic in the Netherlands died at home, apparently after voluntarily refusing to eat or drink and with no evidence that her death was assisted.

Noa Pothoven, 17, who for several years had been treated in multiple institutions for severe depression and anorexia, and had made previous attempts to kill herself, died at her parents’ home in Arnhem on 2 June, local media reported.

Media organisations from Australia to Britain and the US to India reported it as a case of “legal euthanasia” performed by a Dutch “end-of-life clinic”, and Noa’s name was trending on social media on Wednesday in countries including Italy, where the story was front-page news.
THIS is believable? I dont think so.

Try doing this on your own with food in the house and family right there. Let's see you deny yourself food and water until death without "help." Not possible

THIS is believable? I dont think so.

Try doing this on your own with food in the house and family right there. Let's see you deny yourself food and water until death without "help." Not possible

I might have agreed with you had I not had a mother-in-law who, at age 100, decreed she would stop all medication; neither eat nor drink. She had a legal medical directive that kept any of that being forced on her. She lasted just shy of one week.

Try it and see for yourself!

Forum List

Back