Eventually, There Will Be Dictatorship

cellblock mumbles "all major civil rights legislation that the mid-1960s was passed with Republican votes and Democrat opposition"

(1) when in fact the southern GOP had greater opposition to civil rights in the sixties than the southern Democrats.

(2) the GOP presidential candidate in 1964 opposed and voted against civil rights legislation,

(3) the Democratic presidential candidate who won that year had signed the CRA that year and would sign the Voting Act the following year.

/---- Dems led by Al Gore Sr. filibustered the CRA and VRA. The GOP got them passed.
That is no excuse, and the Dems permitted the GOP to vote with the majority to pass the Bill.

According to the Trumptards, Obama was a dictator for all those executive orders,

but now that Trump is issuing a flood of executive orders...

...suddenly, not so dictatorial. In fact, his flood of EO's are being cheered as one of his awesome 100 days accomplishments!!!

Is that what the OP is talking about?

He's undoing the previous attempted dictatorship.

All things are not relative.
No, he is not. Look at all those EOs, just like Obammy. :lol:

[- Dems led by Al Gore Sr. filibustered the CRA and VRA. The GOP got them passed.
(1) when in fact the southern GOP had greater opposition to civil rights in the sixties than the southern Democrats.

(2) the GOP presidential candidate in 1964 opposed and voted against civil rights legislation,

(3) the Democratic presidential candidate who won that year had signed the CRA that year and would sign the Voting Act the following year.

According to the Trumptards, Obama was a dictator for all those executive orders,

...suddenly, not so dictatorial. In fact, his flood of EO's are being cheered as one of his awesome 100 days accomplishments!!!

And his anti-Muslim EO's were undoing what? The dictatorial concept of freedom of religion?

And his anti-Muslim EO's were undoing what? The dictatorial concept of freedom of religion?

What anti-Muslim EOs?

dems never app.jpg
[- Dems led by Al Gore Sr. filibustered the CRA and VRA. The GOP got them passed.

/---- Sorry to disappoint you Muffin Top. I grew up in the segregated South during the 1960s. It was controlled 100% by segregationist Democrats. Southern Republicans including my family was against segregation. Yes Goldwater later admitted he was wrong to oppose it. He did so because he said it wasn't necessary since ALL Americans were covered by the Constitution. No need for a carve out law. AND LBJ signed the CRA and VRA only with the help of the Republicans whop stopped Al Gore Sr and William Fulbright (Bill Clinton's mentor) filibuster. I lived there. I saw it. As a White teenager I had to stand on a crowed bus even though there were empty seats in the back of the bus. Whites had to be in the front and Blacks had to be in the back regardless of available seat. You are a know nothing little troll.
segregation.jpg

You admit I am right.

Will you tell us the truth which party your family voted for.

Goldwater was wrong.

You admit the good GOP joined the good majority of the Dems to pass the law.

You are growing up, cell block.

You admit I am right.

Will you tell us the truth which party your family voted for.

Goldwater was wrong.

You admit the good GOP joined the good majority of the Dems to pass the law.

You are growing up, cell block.
/--- I was to young to vote in 1964 but my Catholic family supported Goldwater. Southern Dems and their KKK were also against Catholics. They hated the Kennedys too and cheered when he was killed. I have said for years it was a mistake for Goldwater to vote against it. He later regretted it. This is old news and you act like I just came to the realization. If you really want to know the history read this: Urban Legend: Goldwater Against Civil Rights

“Democrat pundits pretend that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was the creation of the Kennedy or Johnson administrations, but in fact it was an extension of the Republican Party’s 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts,” Zak told TheBlaze. “Barry Goldwater, the GOP’s presidential nominee that year, did not appreciate the fact that the 1964 Civil Rights Act was thoroughly Republican policy.” - Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act?

Rome prospered under a dictatorship for over four hundred years.

/---- Rome prospered in part because of slavery and imperialism. Much like today's DemocRATS
Yup, those crucifixtions and slave quarries. Oh, wait, that's happening under the GOP.
/---- Democrats were the slave owners and Republicans freed them. Democrats replaced Crucifixion with lynching. Ask Mommy to buy you a history book for your birthday.

Are you saying Robert E. Lee, STILL the number one hero of the conservative South,

was a LIBERAL?

Now that is Goddam funny.

Lee was more liberal than Lincoln by a long shot. No surprise you wouldn't know that.

cellblock et can whine all they want, which does not change for them that:

The CR and VR were passed in majority Democratic administrations.

Goldwater was the GOP in 1964.

The Democratic Party led and the GOP followed in 1964 and 1965.

Forum List

Back