🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Every Third Child In Gaza Stunted by Hunger

What I am is a human being who opposes the human rights abuses of the Occupation.

This is what Amnesty International says in their report on Cast Lead.

EDIT: No link provided to article.

In the 22-day Israeli military offensive (Operation “Cast Lead”) in Gaza between 27 December 2008 and 18 January 2009 some 1,400 Palestinians were killed, including some 300 children, and large areas of Gaza were razed to the ground, leaving many thousands homeless and the already dire economy in ruins.

Hundreds of civilians were killed in attacks carried out using high-precision weapons – bombs and missiles from F-16 combat aircraft and sophisticated unmanned drones, and tank shells. Others, including women and children, were shot at short range when posing no threat to the lives of the Israeli soldiers. Others still were killed in indiscriminate attacks with weapons which cannot be accurately aimed, such as mortars and artillery shells, and white phosphorus was fired indiscriminately over densely populated residential areas, causing severe and fatal burn injuries as well as setting homes, schools and hospitals ablaze. Medical personnel and facilities also came under attack from the Israeli army and their work was hindered.

In southern Israel civilians also came under attack from indiscriminate rockets fired daily by Palestinian armed groups throughout the 22-day conflict. The armed wing of Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups launched several hundred rockets and mortars into southern Israel, killing three civilians and injuring dozens of others. Several homes and other structures were damaged, some extensively. Six Israeli soldiers were also killed in Palestinian attacks.

Operation Cast Lead | Amnesty International

Sherri

What I am is a human being who opposes the human rights abuses of the Occupation.

In the 22-day Israeli military offensive (Operation “Cast Lead”) in Gaza between 27 December 2008 and 18 January 2009 some 1,400 Palestinians were killed, including some 300 children, and large areas of Gaza were razed to the ground, leaving many thousands homeless and the already dire economy in ruins.

Hundreds of civilians were killed in attacks carried out using high-precision weapons – bombs and missiles from F-16 combat aircraft and sophisticated unmanned drones, and tank shells. Others, including women and children, were shot at short range when posing no threat to the lives of the Israeli soldiers. Others still were killed in indiscriminate attacks with weapons which cannot be accurately aimed, such as mortars and artillery shells, and white phosphorus was fired indiscriminately over densely populated residential areas, causing severe and fatal burn injuries as well as setting homes, schools and hospitals ablaze. Medical personnel and facilities also came under attack from the Israeli army and their work was hindered.

In southern Israel civilians also came under attack from indiscriminate rockets fired daily by Palestinian armed groups throughout the 22-day conflict. The armed wing of Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups launched several hundred rockets and mortars into southern Israel, killing three civilians and injuring dozens of others. Several homes and other structures were damaged, some extensively. Six Israeli soldiers were also killed in Palestinian attacks.

Sherri

Cry me a river. Palastinian Terrorists kill women, children, old, young, healthy, crippled, they don't care. I've no sympathy what so ever.

If Israel really went genocidal, the world would be a better place, but no, they have chosen to try to live with the scum of the world and hope they finally grow the fuck up.

Hitler also thought that the world would be a better place if he went genocidal. You could have been best buds! :lol:

Hitler tried genocide

The jews haven't

but seriously, the world would actually be a better place w/o a people that think it's ok to use a baby to stop bullets.

Seriously, what human would think to do such a thing?

TwoThumbs,

Using a baby to stop bullets, you have a problem with, here we see Israeli killings of Palestinian babies, nothing more despicable than this, all of these children ages 2 and under were killed by Israel in one month, January, 2009:

Malak Salameh 'Abd al-Hai Abu 'Aytah
2 year-old resident of Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, killed on 16.01.2009 in Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, by a missile. Killed while in front of her house with three members of her family

Baraa 'Ata Hassan Ermelat
1 year-old resident of Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, killed on 15.01.2009 in Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, by a missile. Killed with his mother, brother, sister, and grandmother when they went to check their house, which had been bombed

Arij 'Ata Hassan Ermelat
Under 1 year-old resident of Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, killed on 15.01.2009 in Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, by a missile. Killed with her mother, brother and sister, and grandmother while on their way to their bombed house

Fadel Allah 'Imad Hassan a-Najar
1 year-old resident of Jabalya R.C., North Gaza district, killed on 12.01.2009 in Jabalya R.C., North Gaza district, by a missile. Killed when riding in a car with a taxi driver who was on his way to fill up water containers

Tasnim Yasser Jaber a-Rafati
1 year-old resident of Jabalya, North Gaza district, killed on 11.01.2009 in Jabalya, North Gaza district. Killed while at her grandfather's house

Fares Tal'at Ass'ad Hamuda
2 year-old resident of Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, killed on 11.01.2009 in Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, by a shell. Did not participate in hostilities when killed. Killed with his brother when their house in the Tel al-Hawa neighborhood was bombed

Rula Faiz Nur Salahah
1 year-old resident of Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, killed on 09.01.2009 in Beit Lahiya, North Gaza district, by a missile. Killed while at home with her family

Yusef 'Awani 'Abd a-Rahim al-Jaru
1 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 08.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a shell fired from a tank. Killed with his mother while they were at home.

Amal Khaled Muhammad Munib 'Abd Rabo
2 year-old resident of Jabalya, North Gaza district, killed on 07.01.2009 in Jabalya, North Gaza district, by live ammunition. Killed when she left her house with her family, who were carrying white flags

Yusef Muhammad Faiz a-Daiyah
2 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 06.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile. Killed by mortar fire that hit the street next to UNRWA's al-Fakhura school, in the Jabalya refugee camp, where persons had gone for refuge having been forced to leave their houses.

Muhammad Iyad Faiz a-Dayah
Under 1 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 06.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile. Did not participate in hostilities when killed. Killed along with 21 relatives when the house in which they were in was bombed. The army admitted that the house had been bombed by mistake, and that the family had not been warned of the army's intention to bomb it.

Baraah Ramez Faiz a-Dayah
1 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 06.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile. Did not participate in hostilities when killed. Killed with 21 members of his family when their house was bombed. Later, the army admitted the house had been bombed by mistake, and that the family was not given warning of the intention to bomb it

Hassan 'Ata Hassan 'Azzam
1 year-old resident of al-Mughraqa (Abu Midein), Gaza district, killed on 06.01.2009 in al-Mughraqa (Abu Midein), Gaza district, by Flechette shells fired from a tank. Killed with his father and brother in the yard of their house

Salsabil Ramez Faiz a-Dayah
Under 1 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 06.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile. Killed along with 21 relatives when the house in which they were in was bombed. The army admitted that the house had been bombed by mistake, and that the family had not been warned of the army's intention to bomb it

Rabe'ah Iyad Faiz a-Dayah
2 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 06.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile.Killed with 21 members of her family when their house was bombed. Later, the army admitted the house had been bombed by mistake, and that the family was not given warning of the intention to bomb it.

Muhammad Helmi Talal a-Samuni
Under 1 year-old resident of Gaza city, killed on 05.01.2009 in Gaza city, by a missile. Did not participate in hostilities when killed. Killed in a-Zeitun neighborhood when soldiers ordered the extended Samuni family to gather in the house of one of the family members. The next morning, the house was bombed and collapsed on its occupants, killing 21 of the family, and injuring many. For two days, soldiers prohibited the Red Cross from removing the injured

B'Tselem - Statistics - Fatalities

People who kill babies like this do not even look human.

And on the issue of using civilians as human shields, Amnesty found only Israel did that.

Pg 76

Amnesty International, for its part, did not find evidence that Hamas or other Palestinian groups violated the laws of war to the extent repeatedly alleged by Israel. In particular, it
found no evidence that Hamas or other fighters directed the movement of civilians to shield military objectives from attacks. By contrast, Amnesty International did find that Israeli
forces on several occasions during Operation “Cast Lead” forced Palestinian civilians to serve as “human shields”. In any event, international humanitarian law makes clear that use of
“human shields” by one party does not release the attacking party from its legal obligations with respect to civilians

Here is one example of Israel using civilians as human shields, they used Palestinian children as human shields:

Pg 48

During Operation “Cast Lead” Israeli forces repeatedly took over Palestinian homes in the Gaza Strip forcing families to stay in a ground-floor room while they used the rest of their
house as a military base and sniper position – effectively using the families, both adults and children, as “human shields” and putting them at risk.72 While soldiers wore protective body
armour and helmets and shielded themselves behind sandbags as they fired from the houses, the Palestinian inhabitants of the houses had no such protection

Yousef Abu ‘Ida (also known as Abu ‘Abdallah), and his wife Leila and their nine children, five daughters and four sons aged between four and 22, were in their home in Hay al-Salam (Peace Neighbourhood), to the east of Jabalia. Israeli soldiers forcibly took over their house and held the family as “human shields” for two days while they used the house as a military position, then they forced the family out and later destroyed the house. Abu ‘Abdallah told Amnesty International: “At about 10.30am on 5 January a group of soldiers entered our home, and locked all of us in the basement while they went upstairs. They took our mobile phone and did not allow us to move. They took all the blankets and mattresses. We had no food and no water. The children were scared, cold, hungry and thirsty but we had nothing. We were kept like that for two days. We heard the soldiers laughing and shooting upstairs. We were scared. After a day the younger children were desperate for water and I took the bit of water which remained in the cistern of the toilet to give to them; there was no other alternative. After two days, on the morning of 7 January, the soldiers threw us out of the house. I asked to go upstairs to fetch some clothes and shoes but they did not allow us. We had to leave barefoot and with only what we were wearing when the soldiers first came into the house two days earlier.” The house was later destroyed (see Chapter 3.1).

Pg 49 Amnesty Report

http://www.universaljurisdiction.org/world/israelpalestine/473-reports-gaza-waroperation-cast-lead

Sherri

Last edited:

The Gazans should spend their money to fix this, instead of building rockets to fire at Israeli civilians.

Israel is responsible for the Malnutrition in children in Gaza, they need to end their unlawful Occupation of all of the Occupied Palestinian Territories and lift the illegal siege of Gaza.

Again, the doctor states in this article below, that the OP is based upon:

SK: What is the healthcare situation in the Gaza Strip like now?

MG: As a result of the Israeli siege, there has been widespread development of anemia among children and women due to malnutrition as a result of siege and poverty. Stunting, where a child is more than two standard deviations shorter than what it should be, is sharply on the rise. In 2006, around 13.5 percent of children were stunted. In 2009, 31.4 percent under age two were stunted.

In other words, every third child is less developed than he or she should be. And stunting does not only affect growth. It also affects brain development and the ability to learn. This is a direct consequence of malnutrition. Remember, this is not caused by drought or natural disasters, but a deliberate, man-made lack of food and water, imposed, planned, and executed in the most detailed way by the Israeli government. They even calculate how many calories to let in to Gaza to avoid outright starvation but to “just” cause malnutrition since that goes under the radar of human rights abuses

"Every third child in Gaza stunted by hunger": interview with renowned doctor Mads Gilbert | The Electronic Intifada

This doctor was also present in Gaza during Israel's massacres in Cast Lead, and addresses Gaza during that time, in this interview, as well. He speaks of death and blood and amputees and pregnant women and children, all being bombed by Israel.

SK: On 3 January 2009, you sent a text message to your international contacts. It read: “They bombed the central vegetable market in Gaza City two hours ago. Eighty injured, 20 killed. All came here to Shifa. Hades! We’re wading in death, blood and amputees. Many children. Pregnant woman. I’ve never experienced anything this horrible. Now we hear tanks. Tell it, pass it on, shout it. Anything. Do something! Do more! We’re living in the history books now, all of us!” It was a very passionate, a very urgent message. What was happening? What were you seeing and doing?

MG: Our hands were full that day. In the early morning, there had been waves of injured coming in. We were quite exhausted, all of us.

Suddenly, all of the Palestinians in the hospital went to their mobile phones to listen to the FM radio. That’s when we got the message that Israel was bombing a vegetable market in Gaza. We heard the ambulance sirens and the first wounded started to come in. I was in the disaster reception area at the ground level of al-Shifa and it was just hell. Victims were pouring in. I had to step back a few steps. I stood by the window and looked out. I saw the condensation streaks of the Israeli bombers and heard the orchestra of sirens. That’s when I wrote down and sent the message, without drafting, without hesitating, like a desperate reflex.

It needed to be said. I sent the text to some media people based across the border in Israel and to people in Norway. It spread like fire on a dry prairie. It was translated and spread all over the world. I think the reason for that was because it was a passionate message, an authentic one, more intense than the media stories, maybe. This cannot go on, I said. And yet it kept going on for another two weeks

The Gazans should spend their money to fix this, instead of building rockets to fire at Israeli civilians.

Israel is responsible for the Malnutrition in children in Gaza, they need to end their unlawful Occupation of all of the Occupied Palestinian Territories and lift the illegal siege of Gaza.

Again, the doctor states in this article below, that the OP is based upon:

SK: What is the healthcare situation in the Gaza Strip like now?

MG: As a result of the Israeli siege, there has been widespread development of anemia among children and women due to malnutrition as a result of siege and poverty. Stunting, where a child is more than two standard deviations shorter than what it should be, is sharply on the rise. In 2006, around 13.5 percent of children were stunted. In 2009, 31.4 percent under age two were stunted.

In other words, every third child is less developed than he or she should be. And stunting does not only affect growth. It also affects brain development and the ability to learn. This is a direct consequence of malnutrition. Remember, this is not caused by drought or natural disasters, but a deliberate, man-made lack of food and water, imposed, planned, and executed in the most detailed way by the Israeli government. They even calculate how many calories to let in to Gaza to avoid outright starvation but to “just” cause malnutrition since that goes under the radar of human rights abuses

"Every third child in Gaza stunted by hunger": interview with renowned doctor Mads Gilbert | The Electronic Intifada

This doctor was also present in Gaza during Israel's massacres in Cast Lead, and addresses Gaza during that time, in this interview, as well. He speaks of death and blood and amputees and pregnant women and children, all being bombed by Israel.

SK: On 3 January 2009, you sent a text message to your international contacts. It read: “They bombed the central vegetable market in Gaza City two hours ago. Eighty injured, 20 killed. All came here to Shifa. Hades! We’re wading in death, blood and amputees. Many children. Pregnant woman. I’ve never experienced anything this horrible. Now we hear tanks. Tell it, pass it on, shout it. Anything. Do something! Do more! We’re living in the history books now, all of us!” It was a very passionate, a very urgent message. What was happening? What were you seeing and doing?

MG: Our hands were full that day. In the early morning, there had been waves of injured coming in. We were quite exhausted, all of us.

Suddenly, all of the Palestinians in the hospital went to their mobile phones to listen to the FM radio. That’s when we got the message that Israel was bombing a vegetable market in Gaza. We heard the ambulance sirens and the first wounded started to come in. I was in the disaster reception area at the ground level of al-Shifa and it was just hell. Victims were pouring in. I had to step back a few steps. I stood by the window and looked out. I saw the condensation streaks of the Israeli bombers and heard the orchestra of sirens. That’s when I wrote down and sent the message, without drafting, without hesitating, like a desperate reflex.

It needed to be said. I sent the text to some media people based across the border in Israel and to people in Norway. It spread like fire on a dry prairie. It was translated and spread all over the world. I think the reason for that was because it was a passionate message, an authentic one, more intense than the media stories, maybe. This cannot go on, I said. And yet it kept going on for another two weeks

Israel is responsible for the Malnutrition in children in Gaza

No, the terrorists in Gaza are.

Sherri

Cry me a river. Palastinian Terrorists kill women, children, old, young, healthy, crippled, they don't care. I've no sympathy what so ever.

Your lack of compassion for victims of war crimes and lack of concern about people committing war crimes says everything that needs to be said about you.

You obviously have no heart, and that is the world we live in, a world filled with heartless and soulless things that call themselves human.

Sherri

Sherri

Why would you,being as you are a RETARD

Todd -

And why does one side, and one side only, have to be responsible for the malnutrition?

Isn't it possible both Palestinian terror groups and Israeli policy contribute to the problem?

You do realize Sia,that Todd is unable to see further than the end of his nose:badgrin::badgrin:

That is what you believe, I believe it is pure truth which is proven to be now more truthful then always. But I guess that at the end it will all be very clear who's on the right side of the map and who is not.

I still think you're drunk, though

You are an Idiot

I happen to be aware of my level of wisdom. Your insults won't change that.

!!!!!!!Since when was "YOUR IDIOCY,called WISDOM????)have I missed something here,maybe you mean HYPOCRICY,either way it's all bullshit:clap2:

Todd -

And why does one side, and one side only, have to be responsible for the malnutrition?

Isn't it possible both Palestinian terror groups and Israeli policy contribute to the problem?

Yes, Israel defending itself from the terrorists contributes.

Tood -

And since when is blocking aid convoys from reaching Gaza "defending itself" from anything?

How does cutting down trees, destroying crops or holding people without trial consitute "defense"?

I tell ya, if you think this is a conflict with one good team and one bad team, you'll never understand a thing about it.

There are no good guys here - only shades of grey and black.

We even see the Goldstone Report addressing the Israeli Blockade and Israeli military operations, like Cast Lead, and how they have caused children in Gaza to be stunted in growth.

13. The impact of the military operations and of the blockade on the Gaza population and their human rights

67. As a result of the razing of farmland and destruction of greenhouses, food insecurity is expected to further worsen in spite of the increased quantities of food items allowed into Gaza since the beginning of the military operations. Dependence on food assistance increases. Levels of stunting and thinness in children and of anaemia prevalence in children and pregnant women were worrying already before the military operations. The hardship caused by the extensive destruction of shelter (UNDP reported 3,354 houses completely destroyed and 11,112 partially damaged) and resulting displacement particularly affects children and women. In the water and sanitation sector, the destruction of infrastructure (such as the destruction of the Namar wells and the attack against the water treatment plant described in Chapter XIII), aggravated the pre*existing situation. Already before the military operations, 80 percent of the water supplied in Gaza did not meet the WHO's standards for drinking water. The discharge of untreated or partially treated waste water into the sea is a further health hazard worsened by the military operations

A/HRC/12/48 of 23 September 2009

We even see the Goldstone Report addressing the Israeli Blockade and Israeli military operations, like Cast Lead, and how they have caused children in Gaza to be stunted in growth.

13. The impact of the military operations and of the blockade on the Gaza population and their human rights

67. As a result of the razing of farmland and destruction of greenhouses, food insecurity is expected to further worsen in spite of the increased quantities of food items allowed into Gaza since the beginning of the military operations. Dependence on food assistance increases. Levels of stunting and thinness in children and of anaemia prevalence in children and pregnant women were worrying already before the military operations. The hardship caused by the extensive destruction of shelter (UNDP reported 3,354 houses completely destroyed and 11,112 partially damaged) and resulting displacement particularly affects children and women. In the water and sanitation sector, the destruction of infrastructure (such as the destruction of the Namar wells and the attack against the water treatment plant described in Chapter XIII), aggravated the pre*existing situation. Already before the military operations, 80 percent of the water supplied in Gaza did not meet the WHO's standards for drinking water. The discharge of untreated or partially treated waste water into the sea is a further health hazard worsened by the military operations

A/HRC/12/48 of 23 September 2009

Yeah,but Todds toooooo thick to comprehend facts.:eusa_whistle:

Tood -

And since when is blocking aid convoys from reaching Gaza "defending itself" from anything?

How does cutting down trees, destroying crops or holding people without trial consitute "defense"?

I tell ya, if you think this is a conflict with one good team and one bad team, you'll never understand a thing about it.

Blocking weapons from coming into Gaza is defending itself.

Tood -

Yes there is a difference between genocidal terrorists and a legitimate democratic state. I realize that to a supporter of terrorists like yourself there isn't. But to those of us who care about democracy, there is.

Tood -

I have no problem with Israel blocking weapons...but blocking shipments of food, medicine, etc?

I'm getting the impression you haven't been following the news on this terribly closely?

Tood -

I have no problem with Israel blocking weapons...but blocking shipments of food, medicine, etc?

I'm getting the impression you haven't been following the news on this terribly closely?

Maybe if the terrorists would label which shipments were weapons and which ones were food.......

Are you under the impression that Israel doesn't send the Gazans food?

Forum List

Back