EV's now more expensive to drive than gas cars

Not long ago you couldn't really get a full EV for less than 100k.

Now you can get one in the 30's.
There another article that points out that the average EV is going for more like $76K

There's a lot of controversy about this. Also to be considered it maybe an extra $K for just getting the vehicle out of the dealership, then add in all the options, extra maintenance, additional refueling costs. A lot of EV owners eventually sell out and never return.

Oil has long been subsidized with tax dollars.
I've heard that elsewhere, and at the same time we know that oil companies are net payers of taxes. contrast that to the outright net paid subsidies to EV manufacturers.

That was obama and before there were electric cars to buy

I never would have done that either

It's not about you.

"Businessmen" have long been able to write off their vehicles.

It's not about you.

"Businessmen" have long been able to write off their vehicles.
Then why did you throw cash for clunkers in my face?

It was even more wrong and stupid than whats going on now

Last edited:
That's inflation's fault, another gift from the left. and I noticed you left out the prices for tires and brakes.
Nonsense. The price of an oil change has nothing to do with politics.

You said it was a trivial cost. I slapped you down on that.
I change my oil twice a year because I use sythetics and only have a 6 mile commute to work. On the other hand due to city driving I go through brakes and tires far quicker.

Try again, dippy.
You change your brakes and tires more often than you change your oil?

I look forward to the day when you stop lying. Any idea when that will happen?

Lol. Really?

The argument has been made for many years that EVs over time will come down in price. This was exactly what I responded when Candycane made this same fallacious argument above. Now you try to change the argument. Lol.
Changing to EV will reduce the rate of increase dramatically.

Nonsense. The price of an oil change has nothing to do with politics.

You said it was a trivial cost. I slapped you down on that.

You change your brakes and tires more often than you change your oil?

I look forward to the day when you stop lying. Any idea when that will happen?

I didn't say I changed them more, I'm saying the cost of those is far more and apply to any vehicle.

Oil changes ARE a trivial cost. How many oil changes are needed to make up for a 20k battery replacement?

I drive my cars until they become too expensive to maintain. I got 12 years out of my last Nissan, and intend to do the same with my current Nissan.

For the majority, EV's are too expensive to buy, EV's are too expensive to charge, and EV's are inconvenient to run.
When VCRs and microwave ovens first came out, they were way too expensive. $1200.00 for VCR? Now, if you can still find one, you can get one for $35.00.

For the majority, EV's are too expensive to buy, EV's are too expensive to charge, and EV's are inconvenient to run.
Which means eventually you will either be insanely rich, like the Biden's and can afford them, or you take public transportation

The Left does not give a damn about you or anyone else.

Forum List

Back