EV's now more expensive to drive than gas cars

Over time the price drops because there is no oil change, radiators, and other things you see in an ICE.

Of course the price per repair on an EV is absolutely outrageous for the time being.

Oil changes and coolant replacement are trivial costs.

Both still need tires and brakes, which are far more substantial maintenance costs.

Over time the price drops because there is no oil change, radiators, and other things you see in an ICE.

Of course the price per repair on an EV is absolutely outrageous for the time being.

As is the case for most newer technology. As I recall though, all EV's have a 100,000 mile warranty.

Nice first try?
You mean mandating people buy them and drive them, like in California, and then laugh as it fails horribly?

Would that bring you a chuckle?
The law doesn't go into effect till 2035. You don't think there will be improvements by then?

The law doesn't go into effect till 2035. You don't think there will be improvements by then?

It won't even go into effect then. No way the infrastructure is in place by then. Millions living in apartments not able to buy new transportation isn't going to happen. (just one example)

Tesla owners also have two or three other cars in the garages, like their Mercedes, Land Rovers, and Caddies. They take the kids to private school in big Lincoln SUVs.

The only improvement that would make EV's equal to ICE vehicles is when you can charge a battery to 100% as fast as you can fill a tank of gas. Until then only people with access to a parking spot with a charger can own a new vehicle.

Partisan politics continues to soil everything it touches. Including this.
Partisan?

The GOP votes with the DNC for massive spending bills and so far have done NOTHING after winning the House.

The GOP is about as useful as tits on a wild boar.

The entire Federal structure is a joke.

It won't even go into effect then. No way the infrastructure is in place by then. Millions living in apartments not able to buy new transportation isn't going to happen. (just one example)

That's a feature of the law, not a bug. The left hates personal vehicle ownership in general.

They seem t think someone will take their car, and force them to buy a new electric car. That's not how it works.

They seem t think someone will take their car, and force them to buy a new electric car. That's not how it works.

No but people in apartments have valid reasons to purchase new transportation also.

No, we don't. All I know is I'm due for a new car around 2035 and I'm gonna move it up to around 2033 to make sure I avoid the panic buying.

The simple fact is that if EV's were better than ICE vehicles they wouldn't need to ban new sales of ICE vehicles to get us to use them.

Oil changes and coolant replacement are trivial costs.

Both still need tires and brakes, which are far more substantial maintenance costs.
$100+ now in many places for oil changes are not trivial to many people.

Tires are usually good for 40-80,000 miles; Oil changes--5K.

you've failed.

$100+ now in many places for oil changes are not trivial to many people.

Tires are usually good for 40-80,000 miles; Oil changes--5K.

you've failed.

That's inflation's fault, another gift from the left. and I noticed you left out the prices for tires and brakes.

I change my oil twice a year because I use sythetics and only have a 6 mile commute to work. On the other hand due to city driving I go through brakes and tires far quicker.

Try again, dippy.

Imagine that. Can you name a single year wen the price of a new car didn't go up from the year before?
Lol. Really?

The argument has been made for many years that EVs over time will come down in price. This was exactly what I responded when Candycane made this same fallacious argument above. Now you try to change the argument. Lol.

Lol. Really?

The argument has been made for many years that EVs over time will come down in price. This was exactly what I responded when Candycane made this same fallacious argument above. Now you try to change the argument. Lol.

Not long ago you couldn't really get a full EV for less than 100k.

Now you can get one in the 30's.

Forum List

Back