Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

I asked if you are responsible for your personal property. I never made the point your are projecting onto me.
Are you responsible for your personal property, is the Speaker of the House responsible for that which falls under her/his Jurisdiction?
By law and precedent, the Speaker of the House is responsible to protect the Capitol Building and Grounds. Read the example I previously posted in reply to your comment and tell me your opinion as to what this states. Please.
View attachment 938895
well candycorn ...

I asked if you are responsible for your personal property. I never made the point your are projecting onto me.

Are you responsible for your personal property, is the Speaker of the House responsible for that which falls under her/his Jurisdiction?
The 1/6 insurrectionists are 100% to blame for their actions; that includes the blob.

There it is, the National Guard must be requested by Nancy Pelosi. Yes, people can argue this states Capitol Police, and I can cite the precedents and codes that the Capitol Police are governed by showing that during emergencies the Capitol Police are in direct communication with the Speaker of the House

To continue from my OP link, the request must be written, even in an emergency
is Nancy Pelosi ON the Capitol Police Board?

is Mitch McConnell ON the Capitol Police Board?

Nope!

The 1/6 insurrectionists are 100% to blame for their actions; that includes the blob.
Nobody is arguing that those who broke laws is not responsible for their actions. Nancy Pelosi on the other hand was derelict in her duty to protect the property under her jurisdiction. By Law, by the Rules of the House, and by Statute.

And of course, there is one document I believe we do not have access to, The Emergency Plan for the Protection of the Capitol.

Mitch McConnell? Mitch McConnel is not in charge of the Senate. Mitch McConnel is not involved.
On January 6th, Mitch McConnell was in charge of the Senate.... Why would Mitch, the Majority leader, not be involved if you claim the Speaker of the House is involved?

Neither, are on the Capitol Police Board who makes the decisions that you posted as the ones in charge?

On January 6th, Mitch McConnell was in charge of the Senate.... Why would Mitch, the Majority leader, not be involved if you claim the Speaker of the House is involved?
On January 6th, the President of the Senate was in charge of the Senate. Mitch McConnel was not the President of the Senate. Mitch McConnel was the Majority leader of the Senate, 2nd to the President of the Senate. They are not one in the same.
On January 6th the Majority leader of the House was Democrat Steny Hoyer
On January 6th the Speaker of the House was Nancy Pelosi

Neither Majority Leader of the House or the Senate, are responsible for the security of the Captiol building or grounds.

How can you join a discussion without an education, without knowing the basics of who is in charge of Congress.

Or are you simply parroting a narrative that erroneously attempts to attach the Republicans to the failure to protect the Capitol Building which is the responsibility of the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate, both which were Democrats.

Nobody is arguing that those who broke laws is not responsible for their actions.
That has been the argument that many on the right have made since 1/7/2021. Glad to see you're placing blame on those who broke the law by entering the capitol and are no longer blaming the Democrats as you were earlier.

Nancy Pelosi on the other hand was derelict in her duty to protect the property under her jurisdiction. By Law, by the Rules of the House, and by Statute.

And of course, there is one document I believe we do not have access to, The Emergency Plan for the Protection of the Capitol.
:blahblah:

That has been the argument that many on the right have made since 1/7/2021. Glad to see you're placing blame on those who broke the law by entering the capitol and are no longer blaming the Democrats as you were earlier.
Who broke the law on Jan. 6th has nothing to do with Nancy Pelosi, who was the Speaker of the House that must authorize the use of Federal Troops on the Capitol grounds, which is Nancy Pelosi's, Jurisdiction and responsibility.

Nancy Pelose, and only Nancy Pelosi has the authority to authorize Federal Troops, to be deployed onto the Capitol grounds, which is the exclusive jurisdiction of Congress, by the President of the United States.

On January 6th, Mitch McConnell was in charge of the Senate.... Why would Mitch, the Majority leader, not be involved if you claim the Speaker of the House is involved? Neither, are on the Capitol Police Board who makes the decisions that you posted as the ones in charge?
There were two separate requests for the NG made PRIOR to J6.
Capitol Police Chief Sund made a request, and Trump made a request on J4.

Sund's request was denied by Sgt. at Arms Irving because of Pelosi's policy:

Trump's J4 request was denied by DC Mayor Bowser.

Who broke the law on Jan. 6th has nothing to do with Nancy Pelosi,
Correct.
I'm happy that those who broke the law were hunted down like dogs.

I'm not sure what the point of this exercise was but I'm glad you're highlighting that the blob supporters are responsible and their prosecutions are just.

Correct.

I'm happy that those who broke the law were hunted down like dogs.

I'm not sure what the point of this exercise was but I'm glad you're highlighting that the blob supporters are responsible and their prosecutions are just.
You ignore much, you put words into my mouth that I never said in anyway, and then you pretend to not know what you have ignored. I will go back, readdress the comments you have purposely ignored to show that you are not making comments in good faith.

So can you point to all of the people who were convicted in a court of law for leaving their keys in their car? This was your example from earlier.
I'll wait.
You will wait, or do you mean you will ignore or redirect the attention away from that which proves you are wrong

By law and precedent, the Speaker of the House is responsible to protect the Capitol Building and Grounds. Read the example I previously posted in reply to your comment and tell me your opinion as to what this states. Please.
1714286476294.png

is Nancy Pelosi ON the Capitol Police Board?
Does the Capitol Police Board report directly to Nancy Pelose, who is the Speaker of the House, during emergencies. Yes.

Why? So that Nancy Pelosi can declare an emergency so that Federal Troops can be deployed on her jurisdiction, the Capitol grounds.

On January 6th, the President of the Senate was in charge of the Senate. Mitch McConnel was not the President of the Senate. Mitch McConnel was the Majority leader of the Senate, 2nd to the President of the Senate. They are not one in the same.
On January 6th the Majority leader of the House was Democrat Steny Hoyer
On January 6th the Speaker of the House was Nancy Pelosi

Neither Majority Leader of the House or the Senate, are responsible for the security of the Captiol building or grounds.

How can you join a discussion without an education, without knowing the basics of who is in charge of Congress.

Or are you simply parroting a narrative that erroneously attempts to attach the Republicans to the failure to protect the Capitol Building which is the responsibility of the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate, both which were Democrats.
The president of the Senate on 1/6 was was VP Pence....

Are you claiming Pence had responsibility for the safety of the senate????

What are you talking about?

Nancy was Speaker of the House and in charge of the House, and Mitch was the Senate Majority Leader, in charge of the Senate. Mike Pence was not in charge of the Senate or their security?I

Again what are you talking about??

First you post that it's the Capitol Police Board that would make Capitol security decisiins....

Then you claim it was Nancy's responsibility for the security of whole capitol complex including the Senate chambers and grounds...

Which is it?

Does the Capitol Police Board report directly to Nancy Pelose, who is the Speaker of the House, during emergencies. Yes.

Why? So that Nancy Pelosi can declare an emergency so that Federal Troops can be deployed on her jurisdiction, the Capitol grounds.
and in this emergency on 1/6 Pelosi called for the national guard, over and over again and the National Guard DID NOT COME....they stalled for hours.

The president of the Senate on 1/6 was was VP Pence....
What are you talking about?

Nancy was Speaker of the House and in charge of the House, and Mitch was the Senate Majority Leader, in charge of the Senate. Mike Pence was not in charge of the Senate or their security?I

Again what are you talking about??
First you post that it's the Capitol Police Board that would make Capitol security decisiins....

Then you claim it was Nancy's responsibility for the security of whole capitol complex including the Senate chambers and grounds...
Which is it?
I do get confused, I am learning as I go. Vice President Pence was not in charge of the Senate, the President Pro Tempore was in charge, Senator Grassley.

Do you see that claim made anywhere in my thread, I will help you, NO!

But now that you ask, I can explain this to you, as I explained to you that the Majority leaders of both the House and the Senate are not automatically the Speaker of the House nor the President of the Senate.

This link and quote is the basis of my thread. My thread is strictly fact with links and quotes from the laws, the rules, and the precedents. My links are to the .gov sites. I am not using secondary sources that can be questioned.

§1970. Assistance by Executive departments and agencies​

(a) Assistance​

(1) In general​

Executive departments and Executive agencies may assist the United States Capitol Police in the performance of its duties by providing services (including personnel), equipment, and facilities on a temporary and reimbursable basis when requested by the Capitol Police Board or in accordance with paragraph (4) and on a permanent and reimbursable basis upon advance written request of the Capitol Police Board; except that the Department of Defense and the Coast Guard may provide such assistance on a temporary basis without reimbursement when assisting the United States Capitol Police in its duties directly related to protection under sections 1922, 1961, 1966, 1967, and 1969 of this title and sections 5101 to 5107 and 5109 of title 40.1 Before making a request under this paragraph, the Capitol Police Board shall consult with appropriate Members of the Senate and House of Representatives in leadership positions, except in an emergency.

Pence was not the acting president of the Senate.
The safety of the Senate is established by laws, rules of the house, and precedents. As well as the Emergency Plan for the Capitol.

To continue my previous comment, and add the relevant subparagraphs from the previous link we can see that by law Federal Troops can only deployed with a written request. In an emergency, the written request is in the Emergency Plan for the Capitol
(4) Provision of assistance
(A) consistent with the authority of the Capitol Police under sections 1961 and 1966 of this title;
(B) upon the written request of—
(i) the Capitol Police Board; or
(ii) in an emergency—

You ignore much, you put words into my mouth that I never said in anyway, and then you pretend to not know what you have ignored. I will go back, readdress the comments you have purposely ignored to show that you are not making comments in good faith.
I really don't know what your point is.

You say those that broke the law--MAGA supporters-- are responsible for breaking the law when earlier you indicated that the capital police were somehow responsible. I did add in that I think its great that the Powers that Be just didn't let it slide and hunted down all of these blob supporters like dogs.

Should there have been more security? Yeah..obviously. In 2025, I hope they put machine gun nests ever 90 yards to cover whomever tries something--libs or cons.

If your nebulous point is that somehow Pelosi invited the attack; well, you're full of shit but then again....you know that already.

Forum List

Back