Ex-House Speaker Dennis Hastert Will Plead Guilty in Hush-Money Case

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Hastert, who got to the speakership after two republican speakers left in shame, will plead guilty of molestation and lying to government agents regarding the hush money.

Ex-House Speaker Dennis Hastert Will Plead Guilty in Hush-Money Case
<excerpt>
It's unclear whether the deal calls for Hastert, 73, to serve prison time. It will, however, let him avoid an embarrassing public trial and possibly keep further details of his alleged misdeeds secret.

Hastert, who led the House for eight years before retiring in 2007, was indictedin June on charges he structured bank transactions to avoid triggering red flags and then lied about those cash withdrawals to the FBI.

Court papers say he took out the money because he agreed to pay a mystery man identified only as "Individual A" some $3.5 million in hush money to conceal "prior misconduct."

I just would have NEVER guessed that he was in to underage boys or men, in a million years

But let anyone talk of cutting down the size of this MONSTER government and you, the op and those so in love with BIG GOVERNMENT wails about it

so this happens a lot in BOTH PARTIES. so you shouldn't be gloating or happy about this. so transparent

A plea deal would avert a trial and help keep any potentially embarrassing secrets quiet.

CHICAGO (AP) — An attorney for Dennis Hastert told a federal judge Thursday that the former House speaker intends to plead guilty in a federal hush-money case.

John Gallo said during a brief hearing that he expects to have a written plea agreement by Monday. And he asked the judge to set a date for a change of plea. The judge scheduled an Oct. 28 hearing.

Gallo did not mention any of the terms, including what counts Hastert would plead guilty to.

A plea deal would avert a trial and help keep any potentially embarrassing secrets quiet.

The 73-year-old Illinois Republican is charged with breaking banking laws and lying to the FBI in efforts to pay someone $3.5 million to hide claims of past misconduct.

The Associated Press and other media, citing anonymous sources, have reported the payments were meant to conceal claims of sexual misconduct decades ago.

Dennis Hastert To Plead Guilty In Hush-Money Case, Attorney Says

Hastert was touted as a squeaky-clean former high school teacher and wrestling coach while House Speaker.

Last edited:
Never did like this guy. Can't think of a single time I saw him on TV that he didn't come off as a cranky old fart that should have gone away years before.

Oh, hai there!!!!

amd-blagojevich-jpg.jpg

lets not forget the Anthony "weenie" Weiner

as if that snake Democrat party doesn't have it's share of weirdo's

Alcee Hastings still serves in the House.
that didn't take long

g1h2.jpg
Perhaps... The point is, Hastert is no longer in government, so what he's doing about a long done court case is pretty much irrelevant. Current US Representative Hastings is still in Congress and was impeached from the US Bench for bribery

The point of the thread is Dennis Hastert. Discussing Alcee Hastings is deflection and I'm curious why you brought him up and seem to want to avoid discussing the OP. I agree Alcee Hastings is a pretty disgusting individual but no worse than a handful of other legislators. What makes him more important than the current news about Hastert?

Alcee Hastings still serves in the House.
that didn't take long

g1h2.jpg
Perhaps... The point is, Hastert is no longer in government, so what he's doing about a long done court case is pretty much irrelevant. Current US Representative Hastings is still in Congress and was impeached from the US Bench for bribery

The point of the thread is Dennis Hastert. Discussing Alcee Hastings is deflection and I'm curious why you brought him up and seem to want to avoid discussing the OP. I agree Alcee Hastings is a pretty disgusting individual but no worse than a handful of other legislators. What makes him more important than the current news about Hastert?
its known around here as the partisan right wing's "yabut" defense. Doesn't work, but that never stopped them before.

Forum List

Back