Expect Another Leap in Healthcare Costs...

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Expect Another Leap in Healthcare Costs...

By: Mike Shedlock | Fri, Nov 8, 2013

...New Obamashock Rules: Obamacare Expanded to Cover Mental Health and Addiction

If you are already stunned by rising Obamashock! healthcare costs, you can expect still more shocks thanks to new rules and expanded coverage for mental health and addiction programs.
A few snips from the New York Times article Rules to Require Equal Coverage for Mental Ills will explain.

The Obama administration on Friday will complete a generation-long effort to require insurers to cover care for mental health and addiction just like physical illnesses when it issues long-awaited regulations defining parity in benefits and treatment.

The rules, which will apply to almost all forms of insurance, will have far-reaching consequences for many Americans. In the White House, the regulations are also seen as critical to President Obama's program for curbing gun violence by addressing an issue on which there is bipartisan agreement: Making treatment more available to those with mental illness could reduce killings, including mass murders.

According to administration officials, the rule would ensure that health plans' co-payments, deductibles and limits on visits to health care providers are not more restrictive or less generous for mental health benefits than for medical and surgical benefits. Significantly, the regulations would clarify how parity applies to residential treatments and outpatient services, where much of the care for people with addictions or mental illnesses occurs.

Insurance companies have raised concerns about the expense involved in paying for the lengthy and intensive courses of treatment that the final regulations address. But experts have said the rules are not expected to significantly add to the cost of coverage because so few patients require these levels of care.

Read more here of the article here:

Expect Another Leap in Healthcare Costs... | Mike Shedlock | Safehaven.com

And how is that different from past years? Did everyone suddenly wake up October 2013 to the mind boggling fiasco American healthcare is and was?

As I watch MSM's gnashing of teeth and whining over the ACA, as I watch republicans whine about the ACA, I wonder....

Why is there so little information about the positives of the ACA?
Why is there little news on the people in America who need healthcare?
Why is there no news on the states that are doing a good job implementing the ACA?
Why is there no investigation into why insurers and others are opposed to the ACA?
Why is affordable healthcare for all Americans not a priority instead of an impossibility?
When did America become the 'can't do' nation?
When did any news agency or republican take note before October 2013 of insurers dropping Americans from healthcare or raising rates constantly?
When was the last time a news source reported on Americans whose coverage was dropped or failed to cover their health condition prior to October 2013?
OK, I repeat myself.
Why is it that technical issues are the focus rather than a 'can do' spirit of let's help?
When did America become a land absent of common sense morality, and reporting, when it comes to so important a subject?
MSM, you, we, can all do better, time we tried.

It would seem a whole new reality about healthcare in America became available October 2013. A discovery hidden till then, and you thought the Hubble telescope was a marvelous view into unknown regions?

And how is that different from past years? Did everyone suddenly wake up October 2013 to the mind boggling fiasco American healthcare is and was?

As I watch MSM's gnashing of teeth and whining over the ACA, as I watch republicans whine about the ACA, I wonder....

Why is there so little information about the positives of the ACA?
Why is there little news on the people in America who need healthcare?
Why is there no news on the states that are doing a good job implementing the ACA?
Why is there no investigation into why insurers and others are opposed to the ACA?
Why is affordable healthcare for all Americans not a priority instead of an impossibility?
When did America become the 'can't do' nation?
When did any news agency or republican take note before October 2013 of insurers dropping Americans from healthcare or raising rates constantly?
When was the last time a news source reported on Americans whose coverage was dropped or failed to cover their health condition prior to October 2013?
OK, I repeat myself.
Why is it that technical issues are the focus rather than a 'can do' spirit of let's help?
When did America become a land absent of common sense morality, and reporting, when it comes to so important a subject?
MSM, you, we, can all do better, time we tried.

It would seem a whole new reality about healthcare in America became available October 2013. A discovery hidden till then, and you thought the Hubble telescope was a marvelous view into unknown regions?

My rates did raise yearly, but nothing compared to the 76% increase of $168/month I got as a result of ACA.

-Geaux

Forum List

Back