Explaining basic logic and economics to progs......GDP

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
We've all heard progs suggest how the GDP under Obama compares to Trump's, and Trump's economy belongs to Obama. It's BS, they're tutting someone else's horn.

First lets look at historical data and logic, which dictates the deeper the recession the greater percentage of economic increase to follow. Think of an economy 1-10, with 10 being the best possible. The closer to 1 the greater percentage you can expect as an increase to follow. The closer to 10 the less you can expect as an increase to follow All economics work this way, in fact everything works this way. It's like a long-jumper attempting to set a new record. The greater the current record the less likely to top it,. If they manage a new record then it's only by a tiny margin.

Let's look at the GDP numbers:

2009 Obama, the GDP was -2.5%.

2010 Obama, the GDP was +2.6%. Nice. The GDP was somewhat comparable to 2008.

2011 Obama, the GDP was +1.6%. An improvement, but not by much.

2012 Obama, the GDP was +2.2%. Respectable, we're on the right path.

2013 Obama, the GDP was +1.8%. Not much, but in the right direction.

2014 Obama, the GDP was +2.5%. Better

2015 Obama, the GDP was +2.9%. Best year under Obama

2016 Obama, the GDP was +1.6%. Hmm, lost some traction right? This is where leftists suggest Trump inherited a booming economy. History and logic disproves their story.

2017 Trump, the GDP was +2.2%. An improvement. Keep in mind the stock market surged late 2016/early 2017, because Obama was leaving and Trump was in-charge.

2018 Trump, the GDP was +2.9%. Nice.

2019 Trump, first Qtr., the GDP was 3.2%. Super duper.

It's important to note the PRIMARY reason for economic growth though Obama's tenure was historically low interest rates. Rates that have risen on Trump's watch.

We've all heard progs suggest how the GDP under Obama compares to Trump's, and Trump's economy belongs to Obama. It's BS, they're tutting someone else's horn.

First lets look at historical data and logic, which dictates the deeper the recession the greater percentage of economic increase to follow. Think of an economy 1-10, with 10 being the best possible. The closer to 1 the greater percentage you can expect as an increase to follow. The closer to 10 the less you can expect as an increase to follow All economics work this way, in fact everything works this way. It's like a long-jumper attempting to set a new record. The greater the current record the less likely to top it,. If they manage a new record then it's only by a tiny margin.

2016 Obama, the GDP was +1.6%. Hmm, lost some traction right? This is where leftists suggest Trump inherited a booming economy. History and logic disproves their story.

2017 Trump, the GDP was +2.2%. An improvement. Keep in mind the stock market surged late 2016/early 2017, because Obama was leaving and Trump was in-charge.

It's important to note the PRIMARY reason for economic growth though Obama's tenure was historically low interest rates. Rates that have risen on Trump's watch.

explain math after you master 3rd grade spelling ....

moron.

moron.

Ah shucks, nice, you got me a good one.

I knew I took a risk being proved wrong by a prog, you people so smart.

moron.

raised in a Texas conservative home, I vote independent.

you're a moron

moron.

you're a moron

No really, you got me a good one. I've already conceded, do I need to beg?

moron.

you're a moron

nah - just pull your head out of Trumps fat ass and join the real world.

moron.

you're a moron

You and I need to revisit 3rd grade English as a pair. My spelling sucks, but you miss essential shit like starting sentences with capital letters, and using an apostrophe to show possession. For instance, my head is up Trump's ass, not Trumps ass.

I thought the OP was the real world, but you've done your part to show me differently THANKS!

moron.

you're a moron

You and I need to revisit 3rd grade English as a pair. My spelling sucks, but you miss essential shit like starting sentences with capital letters, and using an apostrophe to show possession. For instance, my head is up Trump's ass, not Trumps ass.

I thought the OP was the real world, but you've done your part to show me differently THANKS!

explain this Mr apostrophe -

Trump's Big "Win": The Largest Budget Deficit With A Strong Economy

When you take into account how the economy is doing it shows that President Trump’s budget deficits as a percentage of GDP will exceed any other President’s during a time of economic expansion. From the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget or CFRB

break down some gdp #'s for the class ..

Explaining basic logic and economics to progs......GDP

3575784327_5d4ed02674_z.jpg

you're a moron

When you take into account how the economy is doing it shows that President Trump’s budget deficits as a percentage of GDP will exceed any other President’s during a time of economic expansion. From the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget or CFRB

break som gdp #'s for the class ..

Ah, we're going out of context. Cool.

Basically total debt doubled on Bush's watch, and doubled again on Obama's. If Trump were to match this trend then debt would approach 40 trillion on his watch. It was nearly 20T when Obama left office, today its 22.4T.

Question, how do you suspect the in·flux of illegals affects these numbers? After all, they deserve "free" healthcare and stuff.

Last edited:

A very desperate attempt to cover for your god in the White House.

The 2nd QTR of 2019 will likely be under 2%. Will you be back here in July telling us that is super duper also

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

A very desperate attempt to cover for your god in the White House.

The 2nd QTR of 2019 will likely be under 2%. Will you be back here in July telling us that is super duper also

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You got me a good one too. Let's ignore the data and concentrate on what progs anticipate as opposed what is.

you're a moron

break som gdp #'s for the class ..

Ah, we're going out of context. Cool.

Basically total debt doubled on Bush's watch, and doubled again on Obama's. If Trump were to match this trend then debt would approach 40 trillion on his watch. It was nearly 20T when Obama left office, today its 22.4T.

deficit - debt - another totally confusing issue for you huh ?

Last edited:
Dear WTH_Progs?
Numbers and stats don't mean as much as real life experience with running your own business and growing your own cooperative.

If you want to demonstrate REAL economics to progressives,
share the COOPERATIVE model for cutting health care costs in half
while shifting ownership and control of providers back to the people.

www.patientphysiciancooperatives.com
www.medcoops.net

1. It only takes 1500 people per chapter to get the same discounts as larger groups
Thus, no politics is necessary to get the whole nation under one mandate,
these coops can be created NOW using just local school districts and party precincts
to get 1500 people to form their own chapters

For every state, there are different laws on negotiating insurance and medical prices,
so that licensing has to be done for a parent nonprofit group and then all other chapters can form from there.

2. 1500 people paying $300-400 a month average costs
means $5 million or more that is pooled together to pay for services.

This creates jobs and localizes the controls where members choose the benefit level and providers.

WTH_Progs? if we can explain and set up THIS model for COOPERATIVES
to universalize and localize health care, then the jobs created and the training
in managing the business administration can be applied to other areas as well.

Forum List

Back