Extremism Fuels Abuse of Christians in Mideast

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Extremism Fuels Abuse of Christians in Mideast

By Raymond Ibrahim July 6, 2014 , 1:16 pm

The world heard of the plight of a Sudanese Christian wife and mother who, while eight months pregnant, was arrested and sentenced to public flogging followed by execution. Her crime? An Islamic court in Khartoum found her guilty of apostasy, that is, leaving Islam and converting to Christianity. It’s a crime punishable by death, according to some interpretations of Islamic law.

Meriam Yehya Ibrahim Ishag, 27, who is married to an American, was released, rearrested, and then released again. It’s still uncertain whether her nerve-wracking ordeal is over yet.

But Meriam’s plight is nothing new or isolated. Asia Bibi, a Christian mother of five, has been languishing in prison since 2010, sentenced to death in Pakistan for “blasphemy.” Her husband and children went into hiding after death threats.

Persecution of Christians is one of the greatest human rights violations in the world today — and certainly the one least known in the West.

Read more at

Extremism Fuels Abuse of Christians in Mideast - Israel News

sally I have a strong sense that there are forces keeping information about this vile
stuff ----stifled

sally I have a strong sense that there are forces keeping information about this vile
stuff ----stifled

You probably are right, IRosie. By now every Christian in the U.S. should be aware of what is happening, but the media is very quiet about it.

stuff ----stifled

You probably are right, IRosie. By now every Christian in the U.S. should be aware of what is happening, but the media is very quiet about it.

the media responds to----"the market place" News has to be INTERESTING
-----I am an average type person----I sometimes see DESIGN in phenomena---
that just happen TO BE Maybe "stifled" is the wrong word

Forum List

Back