Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard

Obviously you have not done any research to say it does not happen. But there is scientific evidence that supports that is has and will continue to pollute and contaminate the water shed system of surrounding areas.
Continue to bury your head in the sand and avoid any evidence.
Fracking ? Suicide Capitalism Poisons The Earth?s Fresh Water Supplies. | Global Research
http://www.realnatural.org/natural-gas-fracking-poisons-pennsylvania-water-supplies/
Ten seconds of checking facts

So what. You should have heard the outcry from the wacko Progressive environmentalists who didn't want a wind farm off Cape Cod to ruin their ocean views from their million dollar cottages.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/13/weekinreview/13nimby.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Is it just me or does "messing up our views" rank a few notches below "poisoning water"?

There has been no finding by the EPA that fracking "poisons" water.

You can't cite a documentary like Gaslands as proof.

Last edited:
Do you live close to where an oil company is fracking?
If you don't then you have no idea what you are saying.

Exxon Mobil CEO: No fracking near my backyard | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Exxon Mobil's CEO has joined a lawsuit to stop construction of a water tower near his home that would be used to in the fracking process to drill for oil.
Tillerson appeared at a Town Council meeting in Bartonville, Tex., the wealthy enclave near his Dallas home last November to join in the protest over the water tower, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Isn't this news!
The biggest hypocrite going with the concerns of fracking.
The rest of the country and suffer the meaning of hell on earth and put up with fracking in the other persons back yard. Why? It puts money in Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson big coffers, but when it ruins my multimillion dollar estate. STOP doing it. And I mean now!
If he wins the lawsuit that could set a president for the other lawsuits and future lawsuits.
:clap2:
Corporate america at is finest.

Just like good old Ted Kennedy,not in my back yard wind mills.

Everyone wants their gas as long as they don't see where it comes from.

And Fracking is not bringing hell on earth,but nice try with the hysteria.

My feelings exactly and hopefully the rest of the "country" sees the hypocrisy in tillersons company's philosophy towards fracking.

As you use electricity, then we can safely assume you wouldn't mind having a power plant right next door. Do you eat meat? If so, then you would have no issue with a slaughter house as your next door neighbor. Do you like having a flush toilet in your house? Then, you would be thrilled to have a sewage treatment plant right next door!

It's the same thing you just cannot see the hypocrisy of this multinational corporation.
Fracking is a completely different situation than a wind farm. With pollution and contamination of the water shed in the immediate area..
Maybe this hypocrite should have the water from said areas pumped into his house.
When the man calls those that are against it are not smart enough to understand anything, and they are being mislead. Suddenly now if it is in his backyard things change and become the same.
He is hypocrite through and through.

Exxon Mobil's CEO has joined a lawsuit to stop construction of a water tower near his home that would be used to in the fracking process to drill for oil.
Tillerson appeared at a Town Council meeting in Bartonville, Tex., the wealthy enclave near his Dallas home last November to join in the protest over the water tower, The Wall Street Journal reports.
Isn't this news!
The rest of the country and suffer the meaning of hell on earth and put up with fracking in the other persons back yard. Why? It puts money in Chairman and CEO Rex Tillerson big coffers, but when it ruins my multimillion dollar estate. STOP doing it. And I mean now!
If he wins the lawsuit that could set a president for the other lawsuits and future lawsuits.

So what. You should have heard the outcry from the wacko Progressive environmentalists who didn't want a wind farm off Cape Cod to ruin their ocean views from their million dollar cottages.

You must really get off on lying. First the multinational corporation is not involved in the suit and the suit only deals with a approximately 180' tall water tower planned adjacent to the guys property, it has nothing to do with actual fracking. Spin on commie, spin on.

"There has been no finding by the EPA that fracking "poisons" water.

You can't cite a documentary like Gaslands as proof."

Nobody is. I'm fine with tracking but it should not occur anywhere within 100 miles of my family. Those who believe it poses zero harm should have their groundwater pumped from next to a tracking site. Would they drink the water? Of course they wouldn't and if they say they would they are liars. Do we need to franc? Probably. Just not anywhere within 50 miles of where people live. Pretty simple.

Nobody is. I'm fine with tracking but it should not occur anywhere within 100 miles of my family. Those who believe it poses zero harm should have their groundwater pumped from next to a tracking site. Would they drink the water? Of course they wouldn't and if they say they would they are liars. Do we need to franc? Probably. Just not anywhere within 50 miles of where people live. Pretty simple.

Fracking occurs thousands of feet below ground water but natural gas, oil and other chemicals naturally percolate through the earths crust to the surface. There are allot of people who had gas bleed-offs on their water wells long before any drilling was done in the area. I personally am no expert, but I have talked to experts and sat at a well head in the monitoring while the fracking was being done. They can see in three dimensions exactly what is happening underground using acoustic and seismic censors.

Isn't this news!

diversion_high_contrast_600.jpg

The only thing that scares me about the process is that given the opportunity most companies would willingly pollute as long as it increases their profits. We have greed run amok and polluting drinking water in many people's eyes is fine as long as it produces profit and oil. Thank god for some regulations. Imagine without. The US would be made into a cesspool, willingly and happily by our industries.

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, the Lone Ranger disguised himself as a tree and Tonto hacked off his limb....

And dimocraps are still the lyingest cocksuckers the Earth has ever known....

Water tower suit involving Exxon’s CEO prompts a fracking fracas | Business | Dal...

The suit’s main contention is that the tower will be an eyesore and hurt the value of the million-dollar properties around it.

“This is not an anti-fracking lawsuit,”
Whitten said. “Nothing could be further from the truth.”

Lloyd Hanson, the controller of Cross Timbers Water Supply Corp., the target of the lawsuit, doesn’t disagree. The new water tower is needed to meet growing residential and commercial demand in the area, he said, but the company hasn’t sold water to energy companies since about 2009, and even then sales were was minimal. And trucks do not draw water directly from a tower site.

Hanson said he has repeated this explanation to more media outlets than he can count.

“We’ve had The Times in London, New York City, the Detroit Free Press,” he said, plus Houston and local media outlets. “They all want to know if this is being built for fracking. That’s not accurate,” Hanson said.

dimocraps lie. It's what they do

The astonishing point is that such a ludicrous story actually got the attention of The Times in London, NYC, Houston.......HOUSTON!!! I expect the hopelessly ignorant from London and NYC to question whether or not a water tower is built for fraccing, but they should know better in Houston.

The Houston Chronicle is a liberal piece of shit paper.
Back in the day when the Houston Post was around they were the lib paper and the Chronicle was conservative.
The Post went out of business because they were to liberal. Once they were gone the Chronicle went lib and they are now sucking wind as well.

Is it just me or does "messing up our views" rank a few notches below "poisoning water"?

:rofl: I cant?

The only thing that scares me about the process is that given the opportunity most companies would willingly pollute as long as it increases their profits. We have greed run amok and polluting drinking water in many people's eyes is fine as long as it produces profit and oil. Thank god for some regulations. Imagine without. The US would be made into a cesspool, willingly and happily by our industries.

There are several operators in the Eagle Ford and none of them want to pollute and have state and federal probes.

You don't know jack shit about regulations as they pertain to the oil and gas industry.

You don't know jack shit about regulations as they pertain to the oil and gas industry.

The ignorance out there is astounding. From his perspective, you would think oil/nat gas companies are just trying their damndest to break laws and piss off regulators. It makes absolutely no sense.

You can bet your ass that the environmental radicals don't want freaking windmills in their backyards either. The rich elites around Cape Cod turned down an offshore windmill farm.

Fracking occurs thousands of feet below ground water but natural gas, oil and other chemicals naturally percolate through the earths crust to the surface. There are allot of people who had gas bleed-offs on their water wells long before any drilling was done in the area. I personally am no expert, but I have talked to experts and sat at a well head in the monitoring while the fracking was being done. They can see in three dimensions exactly what is happening underground using acoustic and seismic censors.

From some of the ignorance in this thread, it seems they believe that the aquifer is being fracked also. Lol.

I guess ignorance isn't really bliss, must be a scary place where you live. Do you think our industry leaders live on another freaking planet or something, I can assure you they don't and most of them are just as concerned about the environment as any one. Sleep well tonight baby, the sludge monster is not coming to get you.

The ignorance out there is astounding. From his perspective, you would think oil/nat gas companies are just trying their damndest to break laws and piss off regulators. It makes absolutely no sense.

Here are the oil and gas regs for the state of Illinois. It's a voluminous read...

I call it my "Bible".

PART 240 THE ILLINOIS OIL AND GAS ACT : Sections Listing

Obviously you have not done any research to say it does not happen. But there is scientific evidence that supports that is has and will continue to pollute and contaminate the water shed system of surrounding areas.
Continue to bury your head in the sand and avoid any evidence.
Fracking ? Suicide Capitalism Poisons The Earth?s Fresh Water Supplies. | Global Research
Natural Gas Fracking Poisons Pennsylvania Water Supplies | R.E.A.L. Natural
Ten seconds of checking facts

And I posted a link earlier to a study that found no effect on drinking water.

Forum List

Back