Facebook Goal is to be the Matrix

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I don't use Facebook because I understand that users are not customers, they are the product. And I find The Zuck's "sharing" worldview to be VV Creepy.

So, for those of you who still use it, be forewarned: The Zuck's goal is to turn you into a Battery powering the FB Matrix. He's admitted it. So, do you want to be part of that future for humanity?

Many of us might think there’s something nightmarish about a world where we’re all plugged into the matrix.

But the billionaire has made his money from persuading huge numbers of people to drop their privacy shields and share every tiny aspect of their lives with friends, strangers and advertisers on Facebook.

“I think you’re going to be able to capture a thought [and take] what you’re thinking or feeling, in its kind of ideal and perfect form in your head and share that with the world,” he said whilst discussing predictions of the future with the Washington Post.

He said there was already “crazy” scientific research underway which could help his dream become a reality.

Zuck said government researchers had already worked out how to remove the memory of solving a maze from one rat’s head and then implant it in another rodent’s noggin.

“Then that mouse, without ever having been through the maze, was able to go do it.

“That’s just straight out of the Matrix, right?”...

Mark Zuckerberg says we’ll be plugged into ‘The Matrix’ within 50 YEARS

No. Korean hackers usin' Facebook to get into personal computers...
icon_omg.gif

North Korea uses Facebook to hack private computers, analyst says
July 20, 2016 - Photos of attractive women are used to lure unsuspecting government employees.
North Korea keeps finding new ways to hack into private computers and the state's hackers appear to have found a new playground: Facebook. According to the National Internet Development Agency of Korea in Seoul, North Korean agents are setting up profiles that often include photos of attractive young women. Through the accounts, agents send friend requests to unsuspecting South Korean government employees, Yonhap reported. "We recently discovered a new North Korea cyberattack method that involves the transmission of online friend requests from profiles that include photos of beautiful women on Facebook and other social network sites, in order [for the agents] to gain access to government and public sector employees," said Shin Dae-gyu, the director of KISA.

North-Korea-uses-Facebook-to-hack-private-computers-analyst-says.jpg

Shin also said analysis of North Korea's cyberterror networks shows there are at least three organizations in operation. The groups used to run separately but recently they have joined forces for large-scale attacks, Shin said. When North Korea isn't launching massive Distributed Denial of Service attacks, their hackers are diligently working away at finding other methods of infiltrating South Korean institutions. "North Korea's methods are quickly diversifying," Shin said, and added the latest cyber-terrorism techniques include the deployment of "ransomware."

Ransomware is a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system – until a sum of money is paid to the attacker. In early July, South Korea's Defense Security Command had said Pyongyang has grown an army of more than 6,000 hackers and the country runs gambling and other sites that earn more than $800 million.

North Korea uses Facebook to hack private computers, analyst says

I have a love/hate relationship with fb. I know it's bad...but I'm sure I can outwit and tame it!!!!

Today I took a fb quiz. I know they are scams that provide my friends lists and who knows what else to internet ghouldom...but I had to know what my fb street name is.

There wasn't even a quiz....fb already knew....I am The Knife.

Yes it was worth it.

I loathe the place and the owner of it. No way would I ever be part of it.

I also don't like when I google something, it might be a page on FB but this big assed screen blocks it and they demand you log in just to read it. Fuck that shit. I just close it down and move on. I also hate it that other websites insist you log in or join such and such just to participate in that website. I move on from that too.

Too damn controlling. And worse..people have some interesting things others want to read or see but can't unless they join....and I wonder if those people know how many people they miss seeing their words due to that?

May affect copyright infringement cases...
confused.gif

US Joins Case over Facebook Data Transfers from EU
July 22, 2016 — The United States can join a landmark case on the legality of cross-border data transfers, an Irish court ruled on Tuesday in a move that gives U.S.authorities a platform to defend their surveillance laws before the European Union's top court.
The U.S. authorities had asked the Irish High Court to be a party to the case taken by Austrian privacy activist Max Schrems against Facebook, which has its European headquarters in Dublin, over data transfers from the EU to the United States. The case, which aims to determine whether personal privacy is properly protected from U.S. government surveillance, is expected to be referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) following a request by Irish data protection authorities in May. "The United States has a significant and bona fide interest in the outcome of these proceedings," Justice Brian McGovern said.

09B2A129-94FE-4C50-8490-F318C38C1B1C_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy11_cw0.jpg

A man is silhouetted against a video screen with an Facebook logo as he poses with an Samsung S4 smartphone in this photo illustration taken in the central Bosnian town of Zenica​

The imposition of restrictions on the transfer of such data would have potentially considerable adverse effects on EU-U.S. commerce and could affect U.S. companies significantly." The ruling means that U.S. authorities can potentially offer legal opinion or testimony in the case. Revelations three years ago from former U.S. intelligencecontractor Edward Snowden of mass U.S. surveillance caused political outrage in Europe and stoked mistrust of big U.S. technology companies such as Facebook, Google and Microsoft.

Schrems launched a legal challenge to the Safe Harbour commercial data pact in 2013, ultimately resulting in it being replaced by a new framework that came into force this month. "The fact that the U.S. government intervenes in this lawsuit, shows that we hit them from a relevant angle," Schrems said in a statement. "The U.S. can largely ignore the political critique on US mass surveillance, but it cannot ignore the economic relevance of EU-U.S. data flows."

US Joins Case over Facebook Data Transfers from EU

See also:

Facebook's Solar-powered Internet Drone Takes Flight
July 21, 2016 — Facebook Inc. said on Thursday it had completed a successful test flight of a solar-powered drone that it hopes will help it extend internet connectivity to every corner of the planet.
Aquila, Facebook's lightweight, high-altitude aircraft, flew at a few thousand feet for 96 minutes in Yuma, Arizona, Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg wrote in a post on his Facebook page. The company ultimately hopes to have a fleet of Aquilas that can fly for at least three months at a time at 60,000 feet (18,290 meters) and communicate with each other to deliver internet access. Google parent Alphabet Inc has also poured money into delivering internet access to underserved areas through Project Loon, which aims to use a network of high-altitude balloons to made the internet available to remote parts of the world.

862D259E-46B2-4FC1-9104-5597885E3E1A_w640_r1_s.jpg

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg holds a propeller pod of the solar-powered Aquila drone on stage during a keynote at the Facebook F8 conference in San Francisco, California​

Yael Maguire, Facebook's engineering director and head of its Connectivity Lab, said in an interview that the company initially hoped Aquila would fly for 30 minutes. "We're thrilled about what happened with our first flight," Maguire said. "There are still a lot of technical challenges that need to be addressed for us to achieve the whole mission." He said he hoped the system might be brought into service "in the near future."

Zuckerberg laid out the company's biggest challenges in flying a fleet of Aquilas, including making the plane lighter so it can fly for longer periods, getting it to fly at 60,000 feet and creating communications networks that allow it to rapidly transfer data and accurately beam down lasers to provide internet connections. Maguire said Aquila will go through several more test lights and hopes it will soon break the world record for the longest solar-powered unmanned aircraft flight, which currently stands at two weeks. Facebook, which has more than 1.6 billion users, has invested billions of dollars in getting more people online, both through an initiative called internet.org - which offers a pared-down version of the internet to poor areas - and by building drones.

Facebook's Solar-powered Internet Drone Takes Flight

Forum List

Back