Failures of Empire

That’s true, but the author’s personal history is also interesting. It is another special example of the legacy of the British Empire. As a financial politician, he will likely soon be gone, along with Boris Johnson. The OP is interesting to me mostly insofar as it gives us an opportunity to see the legacy of the British Empire through different eyes. To me, anyway, it has little particular interest otherwise.

Mr Kwartengs book points out the absurdity of that stance
Maybe these places would be better off without the interderence of stupid english colonials.

No empires were built with goodwill and the british empire was based on extraction. A sinful exercise.
It’s willful ignorance to pretend that the British and the French didn’t bring modern medicine, infrastructure and an awareness of the wider world to places like sub-Saharan Africa, Polynesia etc.

No, they didn’t do it out of any sense of altruism. And, yes, they committed atrocities while doing it. But it’s stupid not to admit that a lot of good was done along with the bad.

That’s true, but the author’s personal history is also interesting. It is another special example of the legacy of the British Empire. As a financial politician, he will likely soon be gone, along with Boris Johnson. The OP is interesting to me mostly insofar as it gives us an opportunity to see the legacy of the British Empire through different eyes. To me, anyway, it has little particular interest otherwise.
Kwartengs millionaire status guarentees him a seat at the top table. His fellow Ghanaians are not wanted here and his tory colleagues are shipping,ot trying to, sship to Rwanda because they dont want darkies here.
Money dazzles cons.

Forum List

Back