Fake candidate or practice run?

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
I've been hearing liberals dismissing kayne west's presidential campaign as a trump tactic to split the black vote, and even a form of cheating.

i think that is incorrect. imo, this is a practice run and a completely serious one.

Trump's stroke of genius was in finding a whole base, just waiting for someone to come along and pick it up and speak out for it.

West looks to be trying to copy that. i'm not sure if his target is the whole pro-life movement, or just pro-life blacks. Either or both, could work as a the first step in the Trump model.

imo, this is a manifestation of the complete failure of our political class, that there are multiple voter blocs, just lying around, under served, just waiting for someone to come along and speak out for them.

tucker carlson discusses it, and west's comments toward the end, show real passion. that, imo, could speak to pro-life voters.

West is no less qualified than "W" and more successful in business as well (and that applies to too many other candidates), That doesn't make him a desirable President and would never get this vote, as will neither side of the duopoly as it presently stands.

West is no less qualified than "W" and more successful in business as well (and that applies to too many other candidates), That doesn't make him a desirable President and would never get this vote, as will neither side of the duopoly as it presently stands.

as carlson readily admits, he is an unlikely spokesman. and as a person, likely not well suited to the job (that is me, not carlson)

but, if he crafts a good policy platform, and the other candidates continue to utterly fail to address the voters issues,

how can we in good conscience, not consider his ideas seriously?

I've been hearing liberals dismissing kayne west's presidential campaign as a trump tactic to split the black vote, and even a form of cheating.

i think that is incorrect. imo, this is a practice run and a completely serious one.

Trump's stroke of genius was in finding a whole base, just waiting for someone to come along and pick it up and speak out for it.

West looks to be trying to copy that. i'm not sure if his target is the whole pro-life movement, or just pro-life blacks. Either or both, could work as a the first step in the Trump model.

imo, this is a manifestation of the complete failure of our political class, that there are multiple voter blocs, just lying around, under served, just waiting for someone to come along and speak out for them.

tucker carlson discusses it, and west's comments toward the end, show real passion. that, imo, could speak to pro-life voters.

I think you are on target. Either as a practice for a future run, or to bring out and discuss important issues that are not being discussed- these can be very good reasons to become a Presidential candidate. I'm sure that some of the myriad of candidates in the 2020 field knew they had no chance but were making connections in a practice run. And past candidates like Randall Terry in 2012 knew that the Pro-abort devotees in the D party would never give him the nomination, but saw the campaign as a way to discuss the anti-life atrocities of the Obama Regime.

I think you are on target. Either as a practice for a future run, or to bring out and discuss important issues that are not being discussed- these can be very good reasons to become a Presidential candidate. I'm sure that some of the myriad of candidates in the 2020 field knew they had no chance but were making connections in a practice run. And past candidates like Randall Terry in 2012 knew that the Pro-abort devotees in the D party would never give him the nomination, but saw the campaign as a way to discuss the anti-life atrocities of the Obama Regime.

i wonder, he is running as an independent now, but if he tries again, probably in 2024, do you think he will run as a dem or a republican?

i wonder, he is running as an independent now, but if he tries again, probably in 2024, do you think he will run as a dem or a republican?

I think this is one of the questions he seeks to answer in 2020, coming up with a strategy of what party to go with in a 2024 effort. The result of this upcoming election will have a lot to do with that answer.

Forum List

Back