farm bill passes House by 2votes, 213-211, it failed last month after Freedom Caucus witheld support

What specifically in it is a win for farmers?
Crop subsidies. $20 billion worth.

Also, crop insurance. $11 billion.

Republicans support government gifts for farmers because it gets the hayseeds to vote for them.

But don't give out food stamps to lazy urban negroes! No fucking way! They'll use it to buy steaks and Mad Dog!

Since 90+% of farms in the US are large corporate farms, I don't think the "hayseed" vote is what Republicans are shooting toward.

What specifically in it is a win for farmers?
Crop subsidies. $20 billion worth.

Also, crop insurance. $11 billion.

Republicans support government gifts for farmers because it gets the hayseeds to vote for them.

But don't give out food stamps to lazy urban negroes! No fucking way! They'll use it to buy steaks and Mad Dog!

Since 90+% of farms in the US are large corporate farms, I don't think the "hayseed" vote is what Republicans are shooting toward.

That is a bullshit stat!

https://www.agcensus.usda.gov/Publi...ort/Volume_1,_Chapter_1_US/st99_1_003_003.pdf

Less than 23% of farms have sales greater than $100,000 and only 16% are above $250,000...which is not all that much really. Less than 400 acres of soybeans will get more than $250,000 in sales.

Its past time to end farm subsidies. We are not in a famine ffs

The government uses subsidies and insurance programs to keep prices somewhat level year to year.

Oh, and to fuck over other countries that are buying our Ag goods! :21:

For the big "Walmart" type farms, Yes. But the small actual family farms, No.
For all of them. If you can't make a living why should others subsidize you? When the housing market collapsed no one subsidized my business.
Operate in the black or get a new career.

Not saying it is right or wrong, but your business does not feed the nation.

For all of them. If you can't make a living why should others subsidize you? When the housing market collapsed no one subsidized my business.

YOU want the little guy to fail because YOU didn't get YOUR help?

Sociopath: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

YOU want the little guy to fail because YOU didn't get YOUR help?

Sociopath: a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.
That isn't why, it is an example. I didn't put my hand out and ask for others to pay my way and neither should they.
Welfare is bankrupting our nation. STOP ALL OF IT except in emergency cases.

the shift from an industrial economy to an information economy has left behind the Trump legions of voters.

this bill adresses the concerns of Trump voters!

Thread is a moot point. No way 9 dims in the senate cross the aisle to pass anything.

What if the government enacted policies that cut your sales by 15 percent? That is what is happening to soybean farmers. Because China decided to buy elsewhere, they have a surplus, and the price of soybeans has dropped by 15 percent.

15 percent is just about what the profit margin is for soybean farmers. Because of Trump's policies concerning tariffs, the price has dropped.

Would you be okay with subsidies if YOUR business sales dropped by 15 percent because of Trump?

What if the government enacted policies that cut your sales by 15 percent? That is what is happening to soybean farmers. Because China decided to buy elsewhere, they have a surplus, and the price of soybeans has dropped by 15 percent.

15 percent is just about what the profit margin is for soybean farmers. Because of Trump's policies concerning tariffs, the price has dropped.

Would you be okay with subsidies if YOUR business sales dropped by 15 percent because of Trump?
They were getting welfare BEFORE any of this shit started.
And for the record I have had shit get tied up in customs for months for shit as stupid as "rare bugs"
Half the time by the time I get it the mold and sea water has destroyed the packaging and caused me tons of extra clean up labor just to be able to use the damn material.

And for the record I have had shit get tied up in customs for months for shit as stupid as "rare bugs"
Half the time by the time I get it the mold and sea water has destroyed the packaging and caused me tons of extra clean up labor just to be able to use the damn material.

You didn't answer my question. Would you be okay with receiving subsidies for your business if government policies like tariffs cut 15 percent off the top of your sales?

You didn't answer my question. Would you be okay with receiving subsidies for your business if government policies like tariffs cut 15 percent off the top of your sales?
I will NEVER be okay with handouts for ANYONE (including me) with the exception of the true indigents in our society.

Which is all excellent news for the banking industry, whose butthole Trump has licked since day one of taking officem. He really, REALLY wants to get back in their good graces. For personal reasons, of course.

Forum List

Back