🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Farmers Fund Crop-Harvesting Robots to Replace Migrant Fruit Pickers

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
This is a much needed advancement for society. This eases the strain on our system, puts wetback invaders out of jobs, and makes more work for skilled technicians and makes for faster more efficient harvest.

Farmers Fund Crop-Harvesting Robots to Replace Migrant Fruit Pickers ProWhiteParty

igul.jpg

You can't harvest machine all fruits and veggies, now I did enjoy the tree shaker when procuring pecans...

This is a much needed advancement for society. This eases the strain on our system, puts wetback invaders out of jobs, and makes more work for skilled technicians and makes for faster more efficient harvest.

Farmers Fund Crop-Harvesting Robots to Replace Migrant Fruit Pickers ProWhiteParty

But but but but -

I thought immigrant farm workers were taking plum (pardon the pun) jobs away from needy Americans.

Not all crops can be picked by machine.

And wow - that blog is ignorant and racist - the perfect home for sub-human Steve McGarrett. And the article is pretty old and now outdated.

They also damage a certain amount of the fruit by bruising when they fall. Apples and pears especially. Can't imagine using them on grapes. The article attempts to blame the failure of these machine harvesters to have been rejected in the 70's due to politics. The ones that were rejected were the ones that didn't work effectively or efficiently.

• Banned

But but but but -

I thought immigrant farm workers were taking plum (pardon the pun) jobs away from needy Americans.

And wow - that blog is ignorant and racist - the perfect home for sub-human Steve McGarrett. And the article is pretty old and now outdated.
Just how is that blog racist?

Machine harvesting is done all over the world. The only reason why we have not advanced to machines is that harvesting provides work for illegals.

Machine harvesting is done all over the world. The only reason why we have not advanced to machines is that harvesting provides work for illegals.
When and where machine harvesting is effective, efficient and profitable it is used. Where it is not, it is not used. If your claim that it is not used because it provides work for illegals show us a link to something other than a blog or opinion article. Show us an example of a farmer claiming to be prevented from using harvesting machines to harvest crops.

If the time ever comes when the democrats pay their workers picking their lettuce a livable wage and provide them with health care then you will see the democrats buy cotton picking machines.

But but but but -

Just how is that blog racist?

Not just racist, but also outdated and inaccurate.

Why didn't you post something current?

If you had, you would know just how inaccurate that op/ed is.

If the time ever comes when the democrats pay their workers picking their lettuce a livable wage and provide them with health care then you will see the democrats buy cotton picking machines.
I pick my lettuce for free..
So you are saying all the cotton picker machines in use now is because of lettuce?

I pick my lettuce for free..
So you are saying all the cotton picker machines in use now is because of lettuce?

According to him, cotton picking machines are used to pick lettuce but only by Democrats.

:cuckoo:

I didn't know these existed. Here are some folks harvesting grape in the middle of a region that by all accounts is packed with illegal workers and unemployed folks. Yet they are using machines to harvest grapes. Means the OP, as usual is full of crap and depends on lies and misinformation to make any kind of point about anything. He just likes posting racist crap for the sake of posting racist crap.

hafnervineyard.com/blog/2014/october/08/machine-harvesting/

Forum List

Back