Father boards school bus to confront bullies picking on his special needs daughter

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Dad threatens kids who teased girl- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut

A father furious because his 13-year-old daughter who suffers from cerebral palsy had been bullied stormed onto a school bus and threatened the children who teased her, deputies said.

He told deputies the boys placed an open condom on his daughter’s head, smacked her on the back of her head, twisted her ear and shouted rude comments at her, the report said.

[youtube]aoKMIH3riZA[/youtube]

There's bus camera video of a kid putting the condom on the girl's head, and the whole fucking bus bursts into laughter at the girl.

I can't find that video but it's been played on the news stations.

Dad says he told the school. School says he didn't. I don't know the real story, and I don't fucking care.

This dude did what ANY parent would want to do in this situation. I'm sure a bunch of kids who get enjoyment over alternative uses for condoms aren't going to be all that emotionally distressed over a couple cuss words and some much deserved threats.

Dude's my hero.

I feel for this guy.

The schools and bus drivers are so afraid of a law suit they sit by and allow kids to be victimized all the time. When a parent goes off about it, they call the cops on the parent.

My daughter would have bitched slapped that bully silly if she would have been on that bus.
We need to teach our kids to stand up to bullies.

A 15 year old boy around here just killed himself because he was bullied so much at school.

Kudos to that dad too.

I feel for this guy.

The schools and bus drivers are so afraid of a law suit they sit by and allow kids to be victimized all the time. When a parent goes off about it, they call the cops on the parent.

I feel for the girl even more.

Kids are just getting crueler by the day. I'm certainly not innocent, I did my share. But never anyone who was special needs.

We had a couple special needs kids, and they were well liked by everyone. They had many friends.

This shit HERE though? This is fucked up.

I'm not really sure why a girl with CP is in a regular school though.

Paulie, I understand how you feel. But not every kid on that bus was involved in bullying, and the sheriff was never called (unless you think both the school and the sheriff are lying?). This just not the way to handle these things.

I'd prolly have tracked down the Moms and Dads of the kids involved and shouted at them.

Nonetheless, I hope the DA has enough sense not to file on this guy...he was clearly at his wit's end, and that is understandable too.

Paulie, I understand how you feel. But not every kid on that bus was involved in bullying, and the sheriff was never called (unless you think both the school and the sheriff are lying?). This just not the way to handle these things.

I'd prolly have tracked down the Moms and Dads of the kids involved and shouted at them.

Nonetheless, I hope the DA has enough sense not to file on this guy...he was clearly at his wit's end, and that is understandable too.

There is other video of the ENTIRE BUS bursting into wild laughter at the girl when the condom is thrown into her hair.

That's good enough for me.

My son will be expelled for fighting before he's ever allowed to become so distressed from bullying that he wants to kill himself.

I will do everything I can to instill that in him. It's NEVER wrong to stand up for yourself however you feel you need to.

Fuck these little pissants.

I feel for this guy.

Kids are just getting crueler by the day. I'm certainly not innocent, I did my share. But never anyone who was special needs.

We had a couple special needs kids, and they were well liked by everyone. They had many friends.

She probably is not in regular school. Budget cuts have led to many special needs kids riding the bus with everyone else.

My son is in preschool and he has to ride with junior high kids if we dont drive him. Which we do because I know how Junior high kids are going to treat a naive, innocent little boy like my son.

Last edited:

There is other video of the ENTIRE BUS bursting into wild laughter at the girl when the condom is thrown into her hair.

That's good enough for me.

If so, the parents of the bullied child need to demand some action by the school...chances are, their kid is not just getting bullied on the bus.

I agree with Charles...kids seem capable of being nastier to me anymore. It's just not conceivable to me this could have happened even 10 years ago.

I feel for this guy.

She probably is not in regular school. Budget cuts have led to many special needs kids riding the bus with everyone else.

My son is in preschool and he has to ride with junior high kids if we dont drive him. Which we do because I know how Junior high kids are going to treat a naive, innocent little boy like my son.

Well the other video I saw that shows the whole bus laughing at her seems to point to her being the only SN child on the bus, unless there are other SN kids that still managed to find that funny.

The father's actions remind me of George W. - Overly reactionary guy with an itchy trigger finger.

"School spokeswoman Regina Murray Klaers said in an e-mail that Jones did not express his concerns to school administrators. The incident that apparently upset Jones involved ANOTHER GIRL, not his daughter, Klaers said. That incident was fully investigated, and appropriate action was taken, Klaers said."

Deputies: Dad Threatened Kids Who Teased Daughter - CBS News

I suppose she was high functioning CP, which would seem more realistic of a reason to have in the regular school, but there are still major issues that set her apart from everyone else.

It's a recipe for disaster if your child doesn't have the right kind of self-defensive attitude instilled in them.

Here is why a girl with CP, or a boy with autism, or Down Syndrome, or OHI, or ADHD, or MiMH, or LD, or ED, or the deaf, the blind, etc. can go to a public school:

And this thread shows what it leads to.

No, this thread shows that kids aren't taught to stand up to bullies, and let these little punks do what they want to helpless people.

The father's actions remind me of George W. - Overly reactionary guy with an itchy trigger finger.

"School spokeswoman Regina Murray Klaers said in an e-mail that Jones did not express his concerns to school administrators. The incident that apparently upset Jones involved ANOTHER GIRL, not his daughter, Klaers said. That incident was fully investigated, and appropriate action was taken, Klaers said."

Deputies: Dad Threatened Kids Who Teased Daughter - CBS News

Yeah.

That's what the school SAYS.

The school has their legal interests to protect just like the father does.

It's he said, she said. The guy made a move to protect his daughter.

It's not like he went in there swinging.

I would think the father would pretty easily be able to prove he made contact to the school. Maybe not necessarily what was discussed, but he should be able to show with phone records that he made calls there.

It would be damn near impossible for the school to prove he DIDN'T though.

You people don't undertand the law do you?

You can't threaten children. PERIOD. The father should be prosecuted for that, stupid.

On the other side of the ledger, I ask what the fuck is going on at that school? Our administrators review bus tapes every Friday and if we find things like this that a bus driver hasn't addressed, there are serious questions of why. I'd vote to fire this bus driver.-And if it was reviewed and no action taken, I'd vote to fire the damned administrators to.

Stupidity on both sides.

As for children on the bus, I would HOPE that my son would have caught the condom tosser off campus and beat his ass. Actually, I know he would have, we don't do bullies.

Forum List

Back