FBI arrests Chicago-area man accused of planning to join al-Qaida

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
FBI arrests Chicago-area man accused of planning to join al-Qaida, Charge Of Supporting Terrorism

The FBI says Abdella Ahmad Tounisi (ab-DUH'-lah AH'-med too-NEE'-see), of Aurora, Ill. , was arrested Friday night as he tried to board a flight from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport to Turkey. Tounisi, a U.S. citizen, is charged with one count...

FBI arrests Chicago-area man accused of planning to join al-Qaida-linked militants in Syria | StarTribune.com

The FBI says it has been investigating Tounisi since 2012. The FBI claims he was a close friend of of Adel Daoud, who was arrested in September 2012 for attempting to detonate a bomb outside a bar in Chicago.

FBI Arrests Aurora Teen On Charge Of Supporting Terrorism Overseas « CBS Chicago

Adel Daoud Indicted In Alleged Car Bomb Attempt At Chicago Bar

I wonder if they arrested him quicker because of the Boston Attacks. This guy was friends with another man who tried to set a car bomb off in Chicago outside of a bar.

There surely might be more muslims to the story.

There's a pattern, young, muslim and a naturalized American citizen.

I'm betting there is more to the story.

I have not head anymore about the other three arrested in connection with the Boston Bomber. Last night they said they were not arrested but in for questioning. But pictures show them being lead away in handcuffs.

Police apprehended suspects from the Hidden Brook Apartments on Carriage Drive in New Bedford. Neighbors say they think that the girlfriend of 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev may have lived in the complex and they have seen him in the area as recently as yesterday.

Report: 3 arrested in New Bedford in connection to bombing suspe - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

22028344_BG3.jpg

22028344_BG1.jpg

22028344_BG2.jpg

CaféAuLait;7123125 said:

The bombers weren't naturalized. They were here on green cards.

Actually one was given citizenship on 9-11 of last year. Ironic date.

Who Are the Boston Marathon Bombing Suspected Tsarnaev Brothers? - ABC News

last night the news corrected the date, it was on 9/12 rather than on 9/11 and they could not pick their own date.

That's the main pattern right there, Kattzndogz. The people who have been attacking us the past 13 years are Not Christians, not the poor Jewish people who keep getting bad raps to this day, not anyone else except RADICALIZED MUSLIM MEN. This Marathon Bomber even had his mother stymied, making her believe that 9/11 was 'a government conspiracy' to put the blame on blameless Muslims. Hey, I'm not a bigot but let's call it for what it is - Major Hassan who shot all those military people in Texas; the guy who shot the military recruiter officer in Arkansas, the CIA shooter outside of Langley; the guy who quit the nuke power plant in Phoenix and accessed the system through a training system backdoor from Iran; an on and on and on. Seems to me the bureau should be STEPPING UP its surveillance, not easing off.

So the US Government supports them in Syria, but US citizens can't join them? That makes sense, actually maybe it does.

This administration doesn't really have a clue on WHO they're supporting in Syria - because nobody really knows which groups are all working against the current government over there. Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood - those are all radical Islamist groups that promote murder and terrorism. This admin also doesn't like to call a TERRORIST a terrorist, or use the terms 'radical Islamist.' Now Janet Napolitano will use that term, and so will certain FBI and CIA types, but it depends on who is talking and which political side of their mouth they are talking out of. I'm an Independent so I call it like I see it.

The bombers weren't naturalized. They were here on green cards.

I read that the older one became a citizen last year.

Actually, it's the younger brother who is now in the hospital who got his citizenship last year on 9/11 (ironic date). Heard they're talking about possibly stripping him of his citizenship now.

Forum List

Back